Funny thing about BP haters! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Funny thing about BP haters!

... a bum at QB.

apunchintheface-1.jpg

The more I watch and listen to all that is the NFL I constantly hear references to BP and his philosophies. S.Payton quotes BP right after winning the Superbowl, NFL great G.Brandt always telling respected stories about BP etc....I can't name them all but it's daily not weekly that he's spoken so highly of from his peers.

So I ask why when the best in the buisness respect this guy for what he has done and what still continues to do, do people here go out of their way to slam him at every little move? Now don't get me wrong all his touches do not turn into gold but who has the golden touch? All the greats you can list have the same mistakes, misses and question marks. But when the big picture is the most important judgement, then where can you find a great deal of fault in the two years of reconstruction of our beloved Dolphins.

We are in position to take that next step from rebuilding to contending and I'm not speaking of this year for contention. I'm saying this year will give us the biggest window to see what small changes are needed to constantly threaten to not only win our division but threaten for AFC Championships. That window is Hennes game, Henne will give us the biggest answers. If he steps up then replacing a guard or RB, a OLB or a Safety is nothing and all the great teams do it every year with different positions.

There are no other glaring holes in this team (LT, QB, DE, Pass rusher are all here long term) that can't be fixed by a FA aquisition next offseason, Dansby and Marshall were enourmous chips to have collected in this past one. We can argue certain positions are still uncertain/developing but all hinges on Henne in my humble opinion. BP has a proven track record of turning over the entire roster in a couple years and constantly turning over that bottom 3rd of the roster after that. Keeping positional competition to drive players to their best and finding those diamounds that make up for any missed draft picks or busted FA pick ups, see Polite, Bess and Starks as classic examples.

I don't like a few moves he's made but in the big picture we are on track and the future is bright. Henne ultimately will seal BP's fate and holds the key to the fans pride of this franchise. It certainly will be a fun year to watch!!!

I know I won't change the mind of any BP bashers, even Superbowl wins will be argued that it was because of someone else, lol, but I for one is proud that BP has made our franchise something to speak about again.

I have always admired BP as a coach but the thing that has always annoyed me about him is that when things go right it's b/c of him but when things go wrong it's someone else's fault.

I'll use his time here in NY as an example:

he takes over an awful team that had plenty of talent but wasn't coached properly and goes from 1-15 to 9-7 in his 1st year. He obviously deserved a ton of credit for that, he leaves us w/ one postseason app in 3 years and the first year post Parcells/Groh we go back to the playoffs and he gets credit for brining in the players even though half were already on our roster pre-Parcells.

The same thing happened in dallas, he had 4 years there where he couldn't win a playoff game, they win a playoff game 3 seasons after he leaves and he gets credit for it but no blame for all the seasons where they didn't win a playoff game.

I will always appreciate what he did dragging us out of the gutter and making us one of the better AFC teams but it does get irritating how he gets all the credit and none of the blame.

I have always admired BP as a coach but the thing that has always annoyed me about him is that when things go right it's b/c of him but when things go wrong it's someone else's fault.

he takes over an awful team that had plenty of talent but wasn't coached properly and goes from 1-15 to 9-7 in his 1st year. He obviously deserved a ton of credit for that, he leaves us w/ one postseason app in 3 years and the first year post Parcells/Groh we go back to the playoffs and he gets credit for brining in the players even though half were already on our roster pre-Parcells.

The same thing happened in dallas, he had 4 years there where he couldn't win a playoff game, they win a playoff game 3 seasons after he leaves and he gets credit for it but no blame for all the seasons where they didn't win a playoff game.

I will always appreciate what he did dragging us out of the gutter and making us one of the better AFC teams but it does get irritating how he gets all the credit and none of the blame.

It is all part of the Parcells myth. The guy is brilliant sweep into a desperate team and fan base give them mediocre success and bolt before anyone figures out he can't win when it counts. He has 1 flipping playoff win as the guy buying the groceries! Look at the people crediting him for Dallas they had 6 new starters on offense and 7 on defense last year, but yep Parcells did that! I don't want his mediocre success buying the groceries! 9 to 11 wins and losing in the playoffs. We did that pretty well from 1984-2004.

I think Parcells is the "Teflon Man" of the NFL. I think a lot of his mistakes in player evaluation are masked by his excellent coaching. He also seems to be better at coaching lesser talent to play above itself than he is in developing top talent. The 1991 SB over the Bills is a perfect case. The Giants didn't have nearly as much talent as the Bills, but Parcells clearly out-coached Levy. His success in "turning around" losing teams by his first or second year is clear, but what's also clear is that since NE, none of his teams have been able to progress past that first stage of improvement. The Jets and Cowgirls didn't move up, and Miami doesn't seem poised to do so, either.

it is all part of the parcells myth. The guy is brilliant sweep into a desperate team and fan base give them mediocre success and bolt before anyone figures out he can't win when it counts. He has 1 flipping playoff win as the guy buying the groceries! Look at the people crediting him for dallas they had 6 new starters on offense and 7 on defense last year, but yep parcells did that! I don't want his mediocre success buying the groceries! 9 to 11 wins and losing in the playoffs. We did that pretty well from 1984-2004.

bing-

---------- Post added at 08:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 AM ----------

I think Parcells is the "Teflon Man" of the NFL. I think a lot of his mistakes in player evaluation are masked by his excellent coaching. He also seems to be better at coaching lesser talent to play above itself than he is in developing top talent. The 1991 SB over the Bills is a perfect case. The Giants didn't have nearly as much talent as the Bills, but Parcells clearly out-coached Levy. His success in "turning around" losing teams by his first or second year is clear, but what's also clear is that since NE, none of his teams have been able to progress past that first stage of improvement. The Jets and Cowgirls didn't move up, and Miami doesn't seem poised to do so, either.

-o

Kinzua and junc put it perfectly. The man can make a team respectable, but he hasn't made a team great in a long time.

Funny thing is the post you slam is explaining exactly what you state your sick of. He and I want to build a constant winner, not a regular season champ and wimper away come playoff time. Then you state to be like Minni, NO and Minn lol. Minnesota has one of the best run games and defenses in the game, Indy has 12 wins every year and 1 whole Superbowl to show for it, NO is doing the exact same thing as Indy...win lots of games and chioke in the playoffs. Now I will atleast give NO a chance to win some more but their defense still seems weak to me and they will absolutely not repeat that turnover ratio again which is the real reason they won the Superbowl.

Funny how you can slam BP for 40 years of not being in the Superbowl and missed playoffs forever. I didn't realize it was his fault let alone his personnel moves are why that happened, lol! I'm not "homer punch" drunk either by any means, but I don't rip rookies for being rookies or developing players for not being probowlers after 2 years, I don't rip signed FA's when the intention was to improve an area needed to be improved but I guess if that makes me a homer because of that then what can I do, duh. It sucks but I'd rather try and miss then not try at all!!! Overall you have to be "anti homer" drunk if you don't think we're headed in the right direction. As I stated in the OP Henne will make or break this franchise. Nothing homer about that!

Seriously? All 3 of those teams are SB contenders and we're staring at another .500 season and you dare to talk about their weaknesses? How about the laundry list of weaknesses on this team? TE, CB, S, offensive coordinator, etc. Talk to me when this team is called a SB contender, because they aren't even close at this point. Not even ****ing close.

Seriously? All 3 of those teams are SB contenders and we're staring at another .500 season and you dare to talk about their weaknesses? How about the laundry list of weaknesses on this team? TE, CB, S, offensive coordinator, etc. Talk to me when this team is called a SB contender, because they aren't even close at this point. Not even ****ing close.

Ya we should get Cam Cameron back in here. He had us on the right track.

So because he states the obvious it translates to bring back Cameron?

That's what you do when you can't make a case to convince people that know better Parcells is all that...

...just bring up Cam Cameron...

So because he states the obvious it translates to bring back Cameron?

I just think it is funny that some people refuse to acknowledge that Parcells has done good things. I understand the frustration, but some people take it too far.

I'll say this... BP puts his money where his mouth is... He treats players like bags of groceries. ..

Great... just what we need.. Another pyromaniac starting more brush fires around here....:lol:

Mornin' Fishy...

Back
Top Bottom