Future Pro Bowlers | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Future Pro Bowlers

BSQ

Scout Team
Club Member
Reaction score
I just read Hyde's article and he kind of jumps on board with the running narrative that the Dolphin's traded away all their talented stars and thus will be the weak sister of the AFC East. It's a free Country and if you want to throw rocks at what the Dolphin's have done then have at it. But, I think if teams underestimate the Dolphins and look past them their going to find out that this team is pretty far from an easy out. We traded away some stars but we are developing new and brighter stars right from within our current roster.

Future Pro Bowlers: Kenyon Drake, c'mon, nobody really knows about him outside of S. FL but this season he's is going to kill it. With this o-line giving him some room Drake will command a lot of attention. Ryan Tannehill-this is really the key to the season, that RT comes back with his hair on fire ready to prove everybody wrong about him. He has an o-line, RBs and a great group of receivers. Minkah Fitzpatrick-he'll be in the Pro Bowl every year for a long time. Josh Sitton is usually in the Pro Bowl but I'm talking more here about guys we are developing from within. BTW, Cameron Wake is still here and is a Pro Bowler. Rashad Jones is a Pro Bowler. Mike Gesicki is my #1 choice for future greatness. He'll be in the Pro Bowl in a year or two. McMillan and Baker are two future stars. My point is we have MUCH better talent than a year ago. When we prove it on the field people will start noticing the Dolphins. I can't wait for the season to start. I think we're going to come out of the gate very tough. Gase is going to come out smelling like a rose. IMO this make over was pure genius. Ego's and stupid money out the door, Replaced by team first, high character, easily Coachable group of winners! Now all we have to do is win!

I think you are assuming a lot of things will go right for us. Injuries are always a possibility as well.

I will say that if you are right on the guys you assume will flourish, then we will have a good season.

If I had to pick one guy it would be Fitzpatrick. I'm talking about guys who haven't been yet. The young kids

I believe Miami truly has A LOT of young talent for once

And if we can take advantage of not spending the bank roll on Landry and dumping big contracts like Suh, Pouncey, etc then maybe we actually won’t be in cap hell.

And if we’re not strapped for cash like we usually are then we can actually RE-SIGN the talent we draft and cultivate.

images

Good point, Miamifinz, the Dolphin's haven't been in great cap shape since Jeff Ireland had picks and money! But, it would be nice to be in such position again. It takes time for a franchise to turn it around from a dumpster season like last year. I can't blame people for doubting this team. When last seen on the field in games that counted, they stunk it up! There is still much to be fixed on this team but a tremendous amount was done to better our chances going forward. We are building something for the future and I like the way their going about it. Last year, I could barely watch some of the Cutler games. There were so many penalties both pre snap and the other kinds all game. Players didn't look to me like they were selling out 100%, at least I wasn't seeing it. What people have to wrap their brain around is that this team is totally different from last season's team. There is a whole different character about this team. Team speed has been addressed and we are much faster on both sides of the ball. The malcontents are gone and this lean, mean fighting machine of guys are ready to do some great things, unless I'm wrong which has happened before!!

Good point, Miamifinz, the Dolphin's haven't been in great cap shape since Jeff Ireland had picks and money! But, it would be nice to be in such position again. It takes time for a franchise to turn it around from a dumpster season like last year. I can't blame people for doubting this team. When last seen on the field in games that counted, they stunk it up! There is still much to be fixed on this team but a tremendous amount was done to better our chances going forward. We are building something for the future and I like the way their going about it. Last year, I could barely watch some of the Cutler games. There were so many penalties both pre snap and the other kinds all game. Players didn't look to me like they were selling out 100%, at least I wasn't seeing it. What people have to wrap their brain around is that this team is totally different from last season's team. There is a whole different character about this team. Team speed has been addressed and we are much faster on both sides of the ball. The malcontents are gone and this lean, mean fighting machine of guys are ready to do some great things, unless I'm wrong which has happened before!!

I just read Hyde's article and he kind of jumps on board with the running narrative that the Dolphin's traded away all their talented stars and thus will be the weak sister of the AFC East. It's a free Country and if you want to throw rocks at what the Dolphin's have done then have at it. But, I think if teams underestimate the Dolphins and look past them their going to find out that this team is pretty far from an easy out. We traded away some stars but we are developing new and brighter stars right from within our current roster.

Future Pro Bowlers: Kenyon Drake, c'mon, nobody really knows about him outside of S. FL but this season he's is going to kill it. With this o-line giving him some room Drake will command a lot of attention. Ryan Tannehill-this is really the key to the season, that RT comes back with his hair on fire ready to prove everybody wrong about him. He has an o-line, RBs and a great group of receivers. Minkah Fitzpatrick-he'll be in the Pro Bowl every year for a long time. Josh Sitton is usually in the Pro Bowl but I'm talking more here about guys we are developing from within. BTW, Cameron Wake is still here and is a Pro Bowler. Rashad Jones is a Pro Bowler. Mike Gesicki is my #1 choice for future greatness. He'll be in the Pro Bowl in a year or two. McMillan and Baker are two future stars. My point is we have MUCH better talent than a year ago. When we prove it on the field people will start noticing the Dolphins. I can't wait for the season to start. I think we're going to come out of the gate very tough. Gase is going to come out smelling like a rose. IMO this make over was pure genius. Ego's and stupid money out the door, Replaced by team first, high character, easily Coachable group of winners! Now all we have to do is win!

If you're talking 'someday' and not '18, I'm much more comfortable with your assessment. As for THIS year, Wake, Sitton, X, and Fitz wouldn't shock me. Note- anything below 2nd team isn't saying much

I really don't care about the pro bowl anymore. It's a joke. Most guys don't go anyway and you end up with the 3rd or 4th option. Talk to me about an All Pro and that means something. We have some young guys with lots of talent but they need to develop that talent.

The Pro Bowl has become a joke. I'm trying to illustrate that we didn't trade away ALL of our talent. Suh, Landry and Pouncey are basically the only Dolphins that people outside S. Fl have heard of. Anybody that doesn't think the Dolphin's are better off without Pouncey hasn't been watching. The NFL is about stars and star power. My main point is that we have plenty of future stars on our roster right now.

I would say guys with future All Pro potential that we have are Drake, Tunsil, McMillan, Fitz, Parker (if he can truly put it all together which I doubt), Jones, Harris (much higher on him I think than most here), Quinn, and Tannehill.

Then we have guys like Geseki, Grant, James who I could see sneaking into a pro bowl or two

I'll say - Howard, Fitzpatrick, maybe Gesicki, maybe McMillan, maybe Drake, maybe Tunsil if he can play up to his talent

a lot of maybes but I think everyone on our team currently has a lot to prove

I would say guys with future All Pro potential that we have are Drake, Tunsil, McMillan, Fitz, Parker (if he can truly put it all together which I doubt), Jones, Harris (much higher on him I think than most here), Quinn, and Tannehill.

Then we have guys like Geseki, Grant, James who I could see sneaking into a pro bowl or two

I would throw in Howard as well.

Back
Top Bottom