Gadsden to return to Fins for league minimum | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gadsden to return to Fins for league minimum

When the article said "Now Gadsden will have to settle for a one-year deal from the Dolphins worth the veteran minimum ($530,000) plus incentives" they meant if Gadsden chooses to accept the minimum offer by the Dolphins. All this is saying is that if he does want to come back to us, he will have to accpet that deal because we won't give him anything better. It does not say he will accept that offer. Sorry but you did misread it Smadison.

Originally posted by SMadison29
Please show me in the article the questioning statement that makes you feel that he will not sign with us, excluding the source?

I already did above with the future tenses. Also with the fact that this newspaper breaks NOTHING in terms of stories. You think this paper would break it before ESPN/KFFL etc? I think not. Or how about that there are no collaborating articles out there?

I fear what american public schools are teaching if you believe this is a confirmation piece instead of a speculative piece.

Originally posted by SMadison29
Dude.....were all trying to tell you it's not happening. This would not be the paper that would break that story. You misread into what they were saying. Live with it

Again I've misread nothing. I don't like OG, thought he was overrated while he was here, & feel the same about him now like many of you do, but I understand the english language quite well & according to this particular article it says he will accept the league minimum. Please show me in the article the questioning statement that makes you feel that he will not sign with us, excluding the source?

Yep, because last week Alex Marvez said that the two sides were talking, but OG is still UNWILLING to accept the 530K deal.

Then he might as well retire.

Actually it "conjectures" that he will "have to sign" - translation - that's there take, that OG will have to settle for a minimum contract with Miami if he signs anywhere. The reason for their conjecture? No one else who was interested in him was willing to sign him. It's pure speculation on behalf of the writer, not inside info. It doesn't say he is "scheduled to!"

This is the same kind of conjecture that's been going on for a couple of weeks now. That's all it is. If a couple of teams had possession WR's go down, they might give his agent a call, offer him $50,000 as a bonus and the minimum, and he goes with them instead of us. That's all it takes. Teams will do things for needs when they get hit with injuries. OG may, in fact, be banking on that.

If he were certain to sign with Miami, he'd likely have done so already - since he hasn't had any opportunities of late. It all depends on how desperate he gets and how much Miami still thinks they need him.

On the plus side OG has great chemistry with Fiedler. I agree with Dr. Love that Tolver is very interesting and I'd really like to see what he brings to the table once the pads are on. The fade pattern that worked so well with OG is no longer the threat that it was. It seems that our competition is on to that play. OG still is a big target, moves the chains and is a bear to tackle in the open field once he makes the catch. If he will sign for the minimum I say bring him into camp and see what he has left in the tank. Remember, this guy started last year, let's not forget that just because his agent is a jerkoff. OG improves our recieving corp and bottom line makes our passing attack better. If nothing else he is quality depth in the event McKnight ends up starting.

I have always beena fan of OG, he may not be the best WR, but he can make plays, now let's say we are down by two touchdowns and we bring shotgun 4 WRs on the field, OG will have an advantage over any dime back, more than Tolver. I like Tolver but I think he will be the 5th WR, if OG gets signed, leaving Baker and Newson back home.

My prediction is that eventually OG will swallow his pride and return for the min. However, unless there are injuries, he will be cut. He will then remain unsigned and will be considered if Miami has injuries during the season.

I honestly don't want to see O.G back. The guys been slipping 2 years in a row. I don't see how people can hate McKnight yet go on about O.G who is HALF the receiver McKnight is.

I'd rather let Tolver, Simmons etc have that shot to take those 2 spots.

I don't don't know about you guys, but when I think of Gadsden I think of GREAT catches like the one against the Jets last year.......when I think of Tolver I think of........wait it'll come to me......one more second.........oh that's it....NOTHING!! He's never played a down in the NFL and as much hope as I have for him somehow being a Terrell Davis who slipped throught the cracks and every other NFL scouting department was wrong about....he is still, at this point just a mid-round draft choice just tring to make the roster and should not be counted on too heavily.

If we were to have an injury at WR, I would feel 100x better having Gadsden around right now than any of the young guys on our roster. And, if healthy, he could still beat out McKnight for a starting spot....he did last year!!

Once again, I don't think Gasden will play for us this year nor do I think we need him. But if he comes back, it better not be over Tolver. I can't believe we wanta guy that's hurt all the time with the feet of an 60 year old man when we can actually have a younger healthier Tolver for 8 years or so. Anyway, is not up to any of us but I think we'll be sorry if we let Tolver go without giving him a shot. Those 128 catches are great on any offence, period!

what tolver did in college is way better than anything gadsden ever did. gadsden is slow. period. slipped? he got injured and took himself out. not a very good sign of a football player. he should be making sportswear. not playing football. the day you start listening to everything your agent says, is the day you will get the cold shoulder. especially a guy like Todd.

I just have one thing to say about Tolver, you let him go, he will be a star somewhere else. im telling ya now, norv personally drafted this kid. i think norv will stick to a kid who can go over the middle and deep than a guy who is slow and takes himself out for the season. I liked gadsden, but the key word there is liked.

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84
This makes our offseason go from tha B to a C in my books..:rolleyes:

Ive never seen an offense go from good to bad by adding some depth.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by rafael
My prediction is that eventually OG will swallow his pride and return for the min. However, unless there are injuries, he will be cut. He will then remain unsigned and will be considered if Miami has injuries during the season.

I hope not rafa, This would be another Cris Carter like thing....

BTW, Ive been trying to PM you but I guess your box is full?:confused:

People need to remember that even if OG is indeed signed, it doesn't mean anybody else has lost out on their shot, they will all be on the team throughout preseason, if Tolver, Newsom or Baker is better they will make the team and OG will likely not. The best 5-6 WR will be there come Game 1.

Back
Top Bottom