Gadsden to return to Fins for league minimum | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gadsden to return to Fins for league minimum

I fear what american public schools are teaching if you believe this is a confirmation piece instead of a speculative piece.

The way it is written it is matter of fact, not speculation. A college degree would have provided you the knowledge to know the difference. I fear what they taught you in school because you don't know the simple definition of will.

<The mental faculty by which one deliberately chooses or decides upon a course of action>

You think this paper would break it before ESPN/KFFL etc?

KFFL gets it's news from newspapers & other sports sources.

Originally posted by PhinPhreak
People need to remember that even if OG is indeed signed, it doesn't mean anybody else has lost out on their shot, they will all be on the team throughout preseason, if Tolver, Newsom or Baker is better they will make the team and OG will likely not. The best 5-6 WR will be there come Game 1.

Let's hope so..because I'm just about tire of OG..I think it's time we move on..The only way to know if a receiver can't handle the NFL is to give them a chance..I think Baker can handle it..He just haven't been given the chance...I really do.

Originally posted by SMadison29
I fear what american public schools are teaching if you believe this is a confirmation piece instead of a speculative piece.

The way it is written it is matter of fact, not speculation. A college degree would have provided you the knowledge to know the difference. I fear what they taught you in school because you don't know the simple definition of will.

&lt;The mental faculty by which one deliberately chooses or decides upon a course of action&gt;

You think this paper would break it before ESPN/KFFL etc?

KFFL gets it's news from newspapers &amp; other sports sources.

OMG man. You are one stubborn boy. Ok so where's that confirmation FROM ANYWHERE? No one has touched on it because the rest of the freaking world knew it was a speculative piece. Yet here you are arguing with everyone in the free world because you are unwilling to realize you misread it. One day you will learn that when someone says "will have to" does not mean that they will. Christ the more you talk man the more everyone has to be laughing.

It's a speculative article talking about how contract talks can go bad for a player and they SPECULATE that he "will have to" (gee there's that phrase again) sign with Miami. They come to this SPECULATIVE conclusion because we are the ONLY team with a standing offer on the table for him. Like a freaking boston newspaper would have the scoop on Miami over anyone. Yeesh.

By the way I went to college for both computer system technology and mechanical engineering so nice try on the shot.

I have a questions, does the WR we keep for Special Teams purposes only have anything to do with the 4 or 5 we keep for the regular lineup? For example, if we have Chambers, McKnight :(, Thompson, OG, and Tolver as our 5 (hypothetical of course).. why cant we have Baker and Newsom just for special teams for a year or so? Just a question cause i dont know.

Originally posted by MissMeth
I have a questions, does the WR we keep for Special Teams purposes only have anything to do with the 4 or 5 we keep for the regular lineup? For example, if we have Chambers, McKnight :(, Thompson, OG, and Tolver as our 5 (hypothetical of course).. why cant we have Baker and Newsom just for special teams for a year or so? Just a question cause i dont know.

Yes they would count towards our WR count. So if we keep a 6th it would be purely a special teamer. I'm not sure how many WR's we kept last year but that # will be reduced by one this year since we won't be doing 4 WR sets.

Oh ok.. thanks.. well than i personally think we should keep 6.. that way we only keep Newsom or Baker whichever one is better.. i like Baker..

Oh ok.. thanks.. well than i personally think we should keep 6.. that way we only keep Newsom or Baker whichever one is better.. i like Baker..

Not sure how many we are going to keep since chances are we will be carrying extra offensive linemen this year.

Originally posted by VanDolPhan

OMG man. You are one stubborn boy. Ok so where's that confirmation FROM ANYWHERE? No one has touched on it because the rest of the freaking world knew it was a speculative piece. Yet here you are arguing with everyone in the free world because you are unwilling to realize you misread it. One day you will learn that when someone says &quot;will have to&quot; does not mean that they will. Christ the more you talk man the more everyone has to be laughing.

If only you knew how many people are laughing! This is sooo funny!!

Gadsden is on thin ice right now. I'm sure he will not sign anything until after June 1....he is hoping for another free agency buying spree....which will not happen.

We're only gonna carry 5 WR's and the return man will be one of the 5. Also, we're only gonna carry 8 O-linemen! Rodgers,Baker and Newson are all competing for that 5th and final spot imo as I think CC,Mcknight,Thompson and Tolver will make it as the top 4.

They wouldnt bring Rodgers in and sign him if they werent going to keep him... why cant we keep 6?

They wouldnt bring Rodgers in and sign him if they werent going to keep him... why cant we keep 6?

Rogers is part of that competition. However he's got to beat out those same guys also. His job isn't secure. Also there is a limited number of rosters spots. In years past we only kept a minimum of offensive linemen. However we just drafted 3 young guys and we have to make space for at least 2 of them. So I feel we will cut one space out of the WR's to keep an extra offensive linemen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is my 2 cents

First Robert Baker has not had a problem making the roster due to a lack of talent. Baker's problem is he can't stay healthy. Last year was the first year he made it through camp relatively healthy but imo it takes a full year to recover from an acl injury which is why he is just now starting to shine.

Secondly I wouldn't expect OG to sign until after June 1st because then the vet minimum for him which I believe is around $675,000 would only cont $475,000 against the cap.

Lastly, after Konrad's agent got called on his bluff about NE offering Rob a contract its pretty damn funny that OG's agent would try to pull the same crap.

Oh.. call me stupid but i still dont understand why we cant keep 6 wr's...

:sceptic:

They can. It's the Head Coach's decision. Wannstedt's past decisions were to keep the extra players at the defensive positions. Whether it's because he's a defensive coach or the special teamers have been defensive players or the offense doesn't use many 4 WR sets or if the players don't warrant it, that's the way its been. No one expects the situation to change this year for many good reasons but it could.

this is a lot of arguing and each side has its points, but the bottom line is that it's up to gadsden, which makes me believe that he will sign. if you had the chance to make something and a chance to make nothing, which would it be? so we can all argue about what level of college degrees we have but it's really one man's decision and he's probably going to sign.

Back
Top Bottom