Gailey cost us the season. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gailey cost us the season.

allsilverdreams

Starter
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
What a turd job Gailey did this year.
His play calling was way too conservative.
Didn't help we have no RB or WR.
How did we win 10 games.
They need to hit big in the draft and pick a few vets at skilled positions in fa.
What a way to loose out on the playoffs.
If I was Flo , Gailey would be fired on the plane ride back to Miami.

No. Not exactly. In the end, the head coach approves the play calls so this falls on Flores. But it may have come from above as in Grier and ownership to play Tua when they did and like they did.

Tua ultimately failed in the audition. I’m not sure what they expected? I know they didn’t expect Fitz to be a STUD this season and that threw a wrench into the plans.

Whether it was Flores or likely management above...that’s who did the team in. Their over hype and desperation to make an immediate star out of a QB who is not cut out for it, not prepared for it, has not played enough in college, and no warm up to get used to it.

Remember Tua cursed himself with his stupid comments of how he couldn’t believe how easy the NFL was. KARMA. He doesn’t have it in him. Too laid back due to his upbringing. Babied the whole way. Not tough enough for this league. See Fitz for tough enough. The end.

Flores deserves heat for now being 0 for 2 on OC's.

If he doesn't hit on the next one he will end up being Dave Wannstedt.

I do not care for the whole "year two of a rebuild.''

The Dolphins have laid this egg so many times in the last 20 years.

Just another coach in overseeing another egg on the road in a big game.

Flores deserves heat for now being 0 for 2 on OC's.

If he doesn't hit on the next one he will end up being Dave Wannstedt.

I do not care for the whole "year two of a rebuild.''

The Dolphins have laid this egg so many times in the last 20 years.

Just another coach in overseeing another egg on the road in a big game.

It was a very Wanny/Philbin/Gase-esque finish to what was kind of a feel-good season. Your record isn't always what it says your are. Its how you look doing it and how you finish.

Yea, unless Gailey was brought into to be some sort of bridge play caller and mentor to Robby Brown or something, it was a pointless hire with zero long term vision. Flores is going to have to check his ego there.

The most frustrating part was it seemed like we did hit on O Shea. For the life of me I’ll never understand why we moved on.
The offense was 1 dimensional under O’Shea. The game plan was Fitzpatrick throws 50/50 balls 40 times a game and hopes it works out. Our 36 year old QB also lead the team in rushing. TBH at times this year Gailey was OK in comparison.

The offense was 1 dimensional under O’Shea. The game plan was Fitzpatrick throws 50/50 balls 40 times a game and hopes it works out. Our 36 year old QB also lead the team in rushing. TBH at times this year Gailey was OK in comparison.
Our offensive line was also way worse last year though which I think was the main reason for that. The passing game at least had a modicum of creativity with O Shea. Not saying he was the next great OC but I thought he showed potential.

The offense this year didn't have a dimension
We looked really good at times and absolutely terrible at times all season. I mean even today we had a great drive to get into the red zone and then trash play calling got us a FG. It bugs me because I really don’t think Gailey did Tua any favors.

He was also 3-3 in the 1st 6 games and played mediocre against the Jets failing to convert a single 3rd down.
Definitely his fault that he lost to buffalo 31-28 when the defense gave up 500 yards of offense. 0 turnovers btw

Back
Top Bottom