Gailey cost us the season. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gailey cost us the season.

how did we get to 10 and 6 with this piece of **** offensive squad, and a combo of rookie Tua and journeyman Fitz?

this defense and STeams can only win you so far.

Nah. What cost us the season was a committment to the #5 overall pick who turned into a pumpkin.
They almost got bailed out with the “injury” in denver but still went back to him.

The most frustrating part was it seemed like we did hit on O Shea. For the life of me I’ll never understand why we moved on.
I definitely thought O'Shea was creative, I did read a few takes that they were worried about his offense being too complex, however with that being said one would think that if he's a hot commodity he would be an OC again, and not stay as the Cleveland Browns wide receiver coach.

Lots of folks with NFL backgrounds were incredibly impressed by Chan's ability
to hold **** together this year --- being forced to play Tua when it was (and is)
obvious he wasn't ready. So Chan was handicapped with the kid and took incoming
to protect him. Well Tua had his "audition" and it was less than stellar. That's the fact.
You can bet Grier + Flo are fully aware of the reality.

Switching to Tua stunned me, I guess we are on a time table to get Tua rdy for a championship down the line. Fitz was the better qb this year. Maybe Tua will be the better qb next year. We were not going anywhere anyway. We need to draft a backup qb in the later rounds. We really need a Wr, but my guess that happens at our pick not number 3

I'm not gonna sit here and act like an OC whose unit was pretty much bottom feeder most of the last two months of the season is some type of legend, but if you think firing the OC is going to be an elixir for the QB's failings you're wrong. Its hard to call plays for a QB who isn't reading the field at a starter level week in and week out. The QB throws after the receivers make their breaks, not before. The QB throws passes high over the middle when he throws them at all, which is rare because he's not comfortable throwing the ball when guys aren't Alabama open. And guys won't be Alabama open when you've got one NFL caliber receiver on your depth chart, and that's when he's even able to play on his gimpy hamstring, so you can't go downfield because nobody has the speed to do that, so teams sit underneath and your QB can't throw guys open because he doesn't have the comfort, confidence, and game feel yet.

Sure, fire the OC...but it won't fix the problems with any OC would have been hugely burdened with. I'm not even sure what role Chan had in starting Tua, whether it was his call, if he had a say, and if he had to make it work. Tua looked completely overwhelmed in his first start and outside of one game it really wasn't even that much better. The rookie QB, who had no preseason and a crazy practice environment due to covid, wasn't ready.

Gailey puts that game plan for TUA because TUA is not Marino and never will be!!!! when Fitz is in suddenly Gailey looks like a modern incredible play caller!!!!

Reactions: PFC
Gailey puts that game plan for TUA because TUA is not Marino and never will be!!!! when Fitz is in suddenly Gailey looks like a modern incredible play caller!!!!
This is why I can't imagine why anyone would want Tua as the QB. If Miami wants to be a playoff team, then the main goal should be to win the division. However, they now have to contend with a young rebuilt Buffalo team that just put up 56 points on Miami's so-called #1 Scoring Defense. (Well, to be fair you'd have to subtract the 2 TDs from the punt return and the pick-6.) Allen and the Bills offense are going to score a lot of points (damn I hate saying this!), so if Miami wants to compete with them then they'll need an explosive offense and a QB who can light up the scoreboard. Tua is a ball-control, dink-and-dunk game managing QB, and that isn't going to cut it!

Gailey is average. You give him dogsh*it and he's average. You give a star studded lineup and he's average. The guy has had middle of the pack offenses almost as long as Tua's been alive. Replacing Gailey should definitely happen, but you're not guaranteed to get someone better.

We looked really good at times and absolutely terrible at times all season. I mean even today we had a great drive to get into the red zone and then trash play calling got us a FG. It bugs me because I really don’t think Gailey did Tua any favors.
Our offense almost never looked very good this entire year. The amount of opportunities wasted that were given to them by our defense is a travesty. Reminded me of the ZT and JT years.

Back
Top Bottom