GAILEY OFFENSE!!!!! Thoughts??? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

GAILEY OFFENSE!!!!! Thoughts???

Sometimes i think the offense looks innovative and sometimes it looks flat. Today the offense seemed to lack rhythm and i don't know if that was Gailey's play calling or Tua just having growing pains.

Gailey has no answers for any team with a decent pass rush. He completely panics like Adam Gase would do and calls nothing but short passes with limited opportunities for yac. This game‘s play calling was identical to the Rams game. Gailey just cannot scheme a way to beat man coverage or slowdown a pass rush.

I don’t even know what Gailey is trying to do.

He doesn‘t seem to be playing to the strengths of the players in the huddle.
He doesn’t. He calls the Offense HE KNOWS. Nothing changes every. Players have to win their 1 on 1s in HIS offense. He will not tailor it. Didn’t in Buffalo, Didn’t in NY, Didn’t anywhere he has been. That is good for old school football but not today’s NFL.

Oh we blaming Chan for this? Not the absymal play of the rookie qb? He wasn't decisive in the pocket, was staring down receivers, and didn't use his legs nearly enough, but lets blame the coaches

Oh we blaming Chan for this? Not the absymal play of the rookie qb? He wasn't decisive in the pocket, was staring down receivers, and didn't use his legs nearly enough, but lets blame the coaches
It’s not just about today’s game. It’s been a problem all year. Even going back to when Fitz was the QB.

The Dink and Dunk offense is what he is. With the occasional shot. Schemes WRs open, but eventually DCs say ok we squat that. Now what. The offense hasn’t changed ONE bit since Buffalo. I even see the same schemes.
Dink and dunk can work if we had a RB who could get us 4 YPC off tackle.

Side to side...pound up the middle about 8 shots 15+ yards downfield. I can live with that.

Looked fine with Fitz going down the field...and it wasn't against a prevent either.
You couldn’t be more wrong. It was exactly a prevent D, but it was their basic zone D where he wasn’t being blitzed every play. Totally different D he faced than what Tua dealt with. And that was by design by the Bronco DC, he knows Fitz is a veteran who could find a hole in a blitz D and make a huge play

I'm pretty sure Fitz has only like two passes over 40 yards this year that a big reduction in big plays compared to last year.
Who said 40 yards?

I would have taken a few 15 yard "shots" from Tua.

They were there the whole game...Fitz came in and showed us they were there.

You couldn’t be more wrong. It was exactly a prevent D, but it was their basic zone D where he wasn’t being blitzed every play. Totally different D he faced than what Tua dealt with. And that was by design by the Bronco DC, he knows Fitz is a veteran who could find a hole in a blitz D and make a huge play
Three questions:
  1. How many series did Fitz play?
  2. How many times was Fitz blitzed?
  3. How many times was Fitz sacked...Tua was sacked with a 3 man "rush".

Playcalling is not the issue. Gailey had this offense scoring 8 PPG more than it has in forever. And with kinda crappy QB play from both Fitz and Tua. And w no RB. The OL was terrible killing drives w penalties and sacks. Tua was terrible. Fitz was able to move the offense no problem which shows you it was more a case of a young QB struggling today than anything else. Having said that, Fitz did what he most often does, made it entertaining and then made a boneheaded decision w the game there to be tied up. Miserable game.

Back
Top Bottom