GAILEY OFFENSE!!!!! Thoughts??? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

GAILEY OFFENSE!!!!! Thoughts???

Fitz had better weapons last year.

Let's see if that Callaway guy can even equal Isiah Ford, who we senselessly threw away. Grant is becoming a decent stand-in for Wilson but there's no replacement here for Williams.
The Offense took off 2nd half of the season when Williams got hurt, Fitz best weapons last year were DVP and Gesicki so he basically has the same weapons minus Wilson.

Meh. I get the sarcasm. Tua played like **** today, and frankly hasnt had the breakout performance we have been waiting for yet...

But, hypothetically. If we put Justin Herbert in this offense, what do you think he would look like? I think we would all agree, he looks pretty damn good on the Chargers. I dont think he would look that good here. In fact, he would probably look similar to how Tua has looked so far.

I think he would be stuck with the same vanilla play calling that Tua has been saddled with.

The Chargers gave Herbert the keys to the Vette, they gave him a chance to succeed. Chan needs to do the same for Tua.

BTW, he needs to know we dont have the RBs to run the ball between the tackles the way he wants to. Either get one that can do it, or adjust his playcalling accordingly.

He seems almost as stubborn as Gase at times.
Herbert has Williams, Allen and Henry to throw to. He’s got more weapons who are playmakers

Every scheme has a weakness. If a team doesn't have any tendencies, then they probably aren't very good.

That being said I don't think you can evaluate the offense in this game. The line play putrid. Tua was bad. No one was getting open.

Fangio and his staff completely out-coached Flores and his staff. Whatever the offensive game plan was, it was completely blown up by the line playing their worst game this year.
There are going to be bumps in the road, building this team up. Remember that Flores is still just a 2nd year head coach.

Gailey and Flores have to figure out how to manufacture a running game, have more production on 1st and 2nd down.

Every team plays a bad game at some point, the key is how will they respond. We fight out the next week what this team is.

Also gailey needs to use his entire playbook. There is so much he has done in his other coaching spots that I have not seen yet in this years offense (in the games I watched).

Every scheme has a weakness. If a team doesn't have any tendencies, then they probably aren't very good.

That being said I don't think you can evaluate the offense in this game. The line play putrid. Tua was bad. No one was getting open.

Fangio and his staff completely out-coached Flores and his staff. Whatever the offensive game plan was, it was completely blown up by the line playing their worst game this year.
There are going to be bumps in the road, building this team up. Remember that Flores is still just a 2nd year head coach.

Gailey and Flores have to figure out how to manufacture a running game, have more production on 1st and 2nd down.

Every team plays a bad game at some point, the key is how will they respond. We fight out the next week what this team is.
My takeaway has been that we need to go more vertical starting next week. Its good to keep tua comfortable, but the broncos absolutely owned us because of that. You can't expect to play everything close and safe then expect a positive result everything you play. Sparano and Philbin learned that the hard way.

The second is that you don't put Ryan Fitzpatrick in over one bad game. Tua needs to learn and his performance although bad wasn't bench level bad. Having fitz go in there and make a bad read resulting in a game ending pick got the same result as leaving tua in. You put the kid in, he plays the full 60 until he actually needs to come out.

There is NOTHING more predictable the blaming the coordinator when a young QB struggles. It’s been happening on Finheaven since I’ve been here in 2002. I honestly can’t even take it seriously even if it is the coordinator. It’s literally happened with every other young QB we’ve had. Always the coordinator, always! BS, players have to execute what is called period.
No kidding. There have been posters here who based their entire existence on the website in asserting that we had the worst offensive coordinator in the league. They know they can get away with it because the fan base wants to believe that type of thing, so it is blindly gobbled up. It reminds me of politics these days where authors know all they have to do is pander to the extremes of the party and those books will quickly hit the bestseller lists. Nobody writes moderate books anymore

Last season was the first one in memory in which nobody was hating on the offensive coordinator at season's end. Then he gets fired within days.

My takeaway has been that we need to go more vertical starting next week. Its good to keep tua comfortable, but the broncos absolutely owned us because of that. You can't expect to play everything close and safe then expect a positive result everything you play. Sparano and Philbin learned that the hard way.

The second is that you don't put Ryan Fitzpatrick in over one bad game. Tua needs to learn and his performance although bad wasn't bench level bad. Having fitz go in there and make a bad read resulting in a game ending pick got the same result as leaving tua in. You put the kid in, he plays the full 60 until he actually needs to come out.

Tua actually too a couple deep shots early in the game.
The protection was still bad, and he had to make guys miss then chuck it.

Gailey and Flores should have focused on the run game (during the week), easier said than done with Ahmed and Breida at RB and our line sucking at pulling.
But what about getting Chandler Cox in there, What about Malcom Perry Wildcat?

You'd have to watch the coaches film to understand what Fangio is attempting to do to Gailey. Figure out where the play breaks down. Is the play dead from the start?
Or is it execution.

Let me put it this way: If the coaching staff isn't good enough define the problem and fix it, we are screwed no matter how good the roster talent is.

We're going to find out real quick how good they are. No sneaking up on teams this year, Miami has a more talented roster so it can't be completely on execution this season.

Denver didn't beat themselves today, and the Dolphins did.

The Jets are going to try the same **** that Fangio did this week. Let's see how Flores and company deal with it.

Last edited:
I hated the hire and he hasn’t changed my mind. Gailey is incredibly vanilla. He makes some real nice play calls now and then but it’s too inconsistent.

On the flip side, our DC has been quite good. I love the looks we show. Our D just was on the field too much today and still struggles to stop the run at key times.

Wasn't a fan of it his offense with Fitz at the helm. Not a fan of it with Tua in there.

I hope, yet doubt, that they seriously look into finding a new OC this off-season. Let's just hope he can do a better job once we have some actual weapons on the field.

Denver was very aggressive with the pass rush, did we try one screen pass?

Back
Top Bottom