GAILEY OFFENSE!!!!! Thoughts??? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

GAILEY OFFENSE!!!!! Thoughts???

Gesicki was underused all game. We do have issues with creating separation.

Maybe we'll try the wishbone next week?

Gesicki was underused all game. We do have issues with creating separation.

Maybe we'll try the wishbone next week?
I agree....we do not utilize the TE's enough in the passing game. Some of that is separation, but scheme is also an issue.

Regarding Gailey's offense, my issue is more with the running game. We run delayed hand offs between the tackles way too much. It lacks imagination and don't have the RB's to be successful in doing that. You rarely see sweeps or off tackle runs unless that RB bounces it outside and the delayed style hand offs don't allow our RB to get the momentum needed to consistently gain positive yards.

The best thing we can do to assist Tua, is to have a solid running game.

Ran the same slants and outs. He got the ball out. That's the difference. He could have been picked a few times too. Execution is the symptom, Gailey is the root cause. Putting Tua or any QB in 3rd and longs every drive is not good.

Not all on Gailey but the Dolphins have been very vanilla lately.
We did next to nothing to let Tua use his mobility. To me, that sucked.

My takeaway has been that we need to go more vertical starting next week. Its good to keep tua comfortable, but the broncos absolutely owned us because of that. You can't expect to play everything close and safe then expect a positive result everything you play. Sparano and Philbin learned that the hard way.

The second is that you don't put Ryan Fitzpatrick in over one bad game. Tua needs to learn and his performance although bad wasn't bench level bad. Having fitz go in there and make a bad read resulting in a game ending pick got the same result as leaving tua in. You put the kid in, he plays the full 60 until he actually needs to come out.
I dont care what Flores said. Seeing Tua almost get ACL'd scared everyone and with our line playing bad like it was and Tua acting like a staggered boxer, it was 'live to play another day' for Tua and let Fitz take the pounding and if he sparked something, then 'great'.

I agree....we do not utilize the TE's enough in the passing game. Some of that is separation, but scheme is also an issue.

Regarding Gailey's offense, my issue is more with the running game. We run delayed hand offs between the tackles way too much. It lacks imagination and don't have the RB's to be successful in doing that. You rarely see sweeps or off tackle runs unless that RB bounces it outside and the delayed style hand offs don't allow our RB to get the momentum needed to consistently gain positive yards.

The best thing we can do to assist Tua, is to have a solid running game.
Lol...everyone wanted roadgrader type linemen. Now bitching because they aren't agile, and good at pulling to run wide.

Pick what type you want, and stick to it.

Lol...everyone wanted roadgrader type linemen. Now bitching because they aren't agile, and good at pulling to run wide.

Pick what type you want, and stick to it.
We have neither.

The offense has been fine when Gailey uses the entire playbook.

my problem, from an entertainment standpoint, has been that they shut it down at times. The Jacksonville game and Rams game are prime examples.

but that is coaching philosophy, more than the offense itself. And it’s gotten us wins, so it’s hard to argue with those games.

the thing I want Gailey to adjust is to start using rub routes against aggressive man coverage. That is the basic Pats playbook. Playing tight man: pick play. Playing zone: find a soft spot. playing off man: come back route.

it’s a chess game. There have been games this year that Gailey has shown his knowledge base is vast. But he needs an answer to press man coverage that makes teams back off.

one last thought: why is it that even Grant doesn’t seem to get separation on deep routes????

I was never and still not a fan of Gailey as the OC. I'd love to see Miami go out and try to get Steve Sarkisian.

I hated the hire and he hasn’t changed my mind. Gailey is incredibly vanilla. He makes some real nice play calls now and then but it’s too inconsistent.

On the flip side, our DC has been quite good. I love the looks we show. Our D just was on the field too much today and still struggles to stop the run at key times.

For all the (deserved) bashing on Miami's D, they gave up 20 pts. Not bad. It was the O that lost the game.

We have neither.
True, but lets not lose sight of reality.

Two rookie O-linemen. 10 games in, after a complete teardown.

Just exactly what did ppl expect?

Look how far we have come. We have a ways to go, but if someone told me, at the beginning of the season, we would be 6-4? With an extremely good defense?

IDK if Tua is the real deal, or not, but 4 games is hardly enough to pass judgement.

Last edited:
And I noted the bashing was deserved. Still, 20-13.
But you also said "not bad" pertaining to the D. I disagree and think they were very bad. I do agree that they only gave up 20 and the offense should be able to score that. It was an overall team lack of effort in this loss.

But you also said "not bad" pertaining to the D. I disagree and think they were very bad. I do agree that they only gave up 20 and the offense should be able to score that. It was an overall team lack of effort in this loss.

Yeah, the "not bad" was in reference to 20 pts. That's not bad for a D. Again, the D (particularly the left side) was quite bad. 20 points? Not so bad

Back
Top Bottom