Game Day Thread | Page 58 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Game Day Thread

I saw enough from Orleans Darkwa tonight to give him a spot on the Practice Squad. Good strong build and has some athleticism. Anyone agree with me?

He had a good game, but I still think better players will be available after the final cuts next week.

Should be very concerning that Tannehill only managed 5.6 YPA - especially given the success of the running game, and the quality of opponent. It doesn't mean Tannehill is doomed, but 5.6 YPA is TERRIBLE.

I saw enough from Orleans Darkwa tonight to give him a spot on the Practice Squad. Good strong build and has some athleticism. Anyone agree with me?

i thought both Williams and Darkwa showed a lot tonight. I would keep both on the 53 if they keep 4 RBs. If not then I would keep Williams as the 3rd and try to put Darkwa on the Practice Squad.

Should be very concerning that Tannehill only managed 5.6 YPA - especially given the success of the running game, and the quality of opponent. It doesn't mean Tannehill is doomed, but 5.6 YPA is TERRIBLE.

I studied preseason YPA a decade ago and found it to be worthless for early season wagering. Very low correlation, not nearly as reliable as simply using the prior season numbers. Tannehill has already established a level and it's far beyond 5.6. The concern, obviously, is if he doesn't build from there.

With 16 rushes at halftime he needs to be well into the 7s if it's a regular season game.

BTW, I was actually very happy when Matt Moore threw that pick six. Those influence plays need to go DOWNFIELD, as I emphasized after the Falcons game. Too many new coordinators think they can get away with perimeter garbage in the NFL. This isn't the Mountain West where every team is determined to allow 8 YPA no matter what you throw at them.

Get the sideways garbage out of the system now. I was also pleased when we tried a cheap slip route on 3rd and 1 with Tannehill in the game and Dallas surprisingly blew it up. Our short yardage formations and play choices have been perhaps the most disturbing aspect of preseason, far beyond Tannehill's YPA.

I just think that Lazor doesn't want to reveal too much in the preseason. The big thing about last night was getting Moreno and the running game going, there were very few aggressive bold passes attempted by Tannehill. In contrast, the Eagles Offensive system Lazor came from last year was extremely aggressive with big chunk plays. I think Lazor's deliberately keeping a lid on it.

I studied preseason YPA a decade ago and found it to be worthless for early season wagering. Very low correlation, not nearly as reliable as simply using the prior season numbers. Tannehill has already established a level and it's far beyond 5.6. The concern, obviously, is if he doesn't build from there.

With 16 rushes at halftime he needs to be well into the 7s if it's a regular season game.

BTW, I was actually very happy when Matt Moore threw that pick six. Those influence plays need to go DOWNFIELD, as I emphasized after the Falcons game. Too many new coordinators think they can get away with perimeter garbage in the NFL. This isn't the Mountain West where every team is determined to allow 8 YPA no matter what you throw at them.

Get the sideways garbage out of the system now. I was also pleased when we tried a cheap slip route on 3rd and 1 with Tannehill in the game and Dallas surprisingly blew it up. Our short yardage formations and play choices have been perhaps the most disturbing aspect of preseason, far beyond Tannehill's YPA.

I can appreciate that, but for a fan base looking for significant growth from its QB, in a situation where he had the running game and pass protection (the two big excuses for Tannehill to this point), you'd like to see your QB play marginally well.

I saw in a Barry Jackson article that we might trade R. Matthews. First I'd heard of it, but if it's true, that'd be a mistake. I'd much rather unload Hartline. I'd very comfortable with the combination of Gibson, Landry, Matthews, and Williams - with Wallace as the burner. Those 4 WR's are all strong players with good frames and some sense of balance. Hartline is JAG who works hard but is extremely limited.

If Miami has an effective running game, solid pass pro, and a D comparable to last season, Tannehll has no excuse to fail this season. We'll see.

guess ol' Patdog won't come back to eat his crow like he said he would.

Typical pats fan.

Back
Top Bottom