Gary Guyton signed | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gary Guyton signed

If thats true its sad we missed on another 2nd round pick

hell, thats this guys specialty... i've gotten used to it, and almost think it's normal to miss. this year I will probably just skip the 2nd round coverage and tune back in for the 3rd.

That's cause the point I was trying to make is that he's the same type of player we've been getting all off season.Another back up. Maybe he'll end up starting but we had the chance to get our o-line fixed with 2 very good players and didn't get either cause we were saving the money to get back ups, have beens or have never beens.I'll say this again, I don't blame Ireland for everything.This team has been bad for years. The problem is you guys keep on saying that it was all Parcells and now Ireland is in charge only since last year. Well guess what? What is he doing that is so different from 4 years ago? The way I see it, he's still trying to build this team the same way they were doing it 4 years ago when "Parcells was in charge" and Ireland didn't have final say. I don't blame him for Manning as I know we didn't have the money for it. But he let Flynn get away. The guy made sense on the offence we're going to run. Everyone knows we're never going to win unless we get a damn QB but yet, we still don't have a real starter and please, enough with the Moore played so great last year. Even Ireland said he wanted to upgrade the position but of course he hasn't. But, you can have your opinion and I'll have mine.

Ozzy rules!!
What absolute nonsense. How did Parcells try to build the team? Answer he spent a good load of money in free agency on Smiley, Groves, Wilford, Wilson, Pennington and so on. What is different now? We aren't, as simple as that. We are now doing things the 'Green Bay Way' i.e. build through the draft and use your available money to keep those you drafted. The key to achieving this is drafting well, but to say things haven't changed from when Parcells took over just isn't true.

You know that's not the point I'm trying to make. We had guys like Winston and Scott that would have made our o-line great. We passed on both cause we didn't have the money under the cap? But yet we've given money to a bunch of back ups, money that could have been used to pay these two guys. I know, we need to have depth. But how good is depth when the starters are just average? I don't believe that everything Ireland has done is bad. I just think he's done more bad than good. There're people on here who think he's an amazing GM but you are what your record say you are and we've had 3 losing seasons in a row and he's still doing the same things he's done since he's been here so I don't want to hear that Parcells is to blame for everything that's bad.

Ozzy rules!!

I agree on Danny's point. We could have signed a quality starter or two instead of multiple scrubs.
Ireland must have been a hobo before he took the gig as a GM. He can't resist checking dumpsters.
Guyton is Misi with a little bit better pass coverage skills. No major upgrade IMHO>

Back
Top Bottom