Gase Fired! | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase Fired!

HEEE-HEEEEEE!!!! Just got up at 10:30 EST and heard the good news!! YES!!!..There is a God!

I felt like throwing my window open and shouting "Free at last, free at last...great God almighty, we're FREE AT LAST!!!"

My vote for post of the year

Can only throw so many things off the wall before eventually something sticks were bound to at the very worst luck into a good coach and personnel guy eventually, maybe that time is finally here

Don’t think for a second Ross didn’t talk privately to some vets like Wake. He definitely did. Yesterday was very revealing how Wake refused to answer questions posed to him 3 times about Gase. This team quit on him long ago.

supposedly a large number of players had been disavowing Gase, weren't Tannehill fans, etc...that's what CK was reporting

makes sense why you have to fire him.

now Ross, GO GET US SOMEONE GOOD. PLEASE.

sincerely - all Miami Dolphin Fans
s

From Barry Jackon's article:

According to ESPN, Dolphins owner Stephen Ross wanted Gase to give up his contractual control over the 53-man roster. Gase balked, aware that he would be a strong candidate for several other coaching jobs if he and the Dolphins parted ways. Cleveland is among those jobs.

Gase, in fact, told associates that he’s fine with the outcome, knowing he will be wanted by other teams.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article223759330.html

While I feel this was a necessary step...especially based on the regression of the team these last few weeks, I can't help but feel sad for our beloved Fins and this organization that we will be going through this again. Most of us felt this same way when Philbin got fired.....and here we are again.

The devil is in the details.....lets see who they bring in and what other changes may be coming, specifically in the front office. I hope to hell they have a plan.....

Funny thing is, Gase will have a head coaching gig before the end of the week...I dont think he was happy here at the end...and if I'm a coach interviewing with Miami I want to make sure Mike T is gone before I take the job...

Waiting on the news that Tannebaum has been relieved of his duties as well to make this a fantastic way to end 2018

WQAM reporting that Ross & Grier will be available to the media at 11:15. They're speculating the obvious in regards to Tannenbaum not being included.

Sounds like Grier is safe and T'Baum is out. I wanted a clean house, but if there's anyone I'm OK with sticking around it's Grier.

I just read a tweet from CK, saying that privately, Wake, Gore and Stills all disavowed Gase to Ross. When players like these speak out negatively, Ross had no other choice IMHO

WQAM reporting that Ross & Grier will be available to the media at 11:15. They're speculating the obvious in regards to Tannenbaum not being included.

Sounds like Grier is safe and T'Baum is out. I wanted a clean house, but if there's anyone I'm OK with sticking around it's Grier.

Would rather they cleaned house and brought in a guy like George Paton for GM and let him pick the head coach.

This was a necessary move for the Miami Dolphins.

It was clear the last few weeks that the team was at its breaking point, with severely fractured relationships between players and staff, staff and front office, head coach and owner. The team completely imploded after the 'Miami Miracle' and it seemed like it was going to be impossible to put the paste back in the tube with the people who were on hand to try. I don't know if Gase will do a good or bad job if he gets another head coaching opportunity, but what I do know is that, on the whole, he did a bad job here in Miami. And he showed no signs of being able to turn it around and get things going back in the right direction.

You can't hold back on firing a coach because you are afraid he will do a good job somewhere else and make you look foolish. You must make a decision on whether to fire or keep a coach based on whether or not you think he can do a good job for YOU in the coming seasons. And I am grateful that Steve Ross made the difficult, but correct decision to cut cleanly with a coach who was stuck in a disaster he couldn't find a solution for.

Now, the task for Steve Ross: acquire a veteran coach who can come in and quickly help to fix this mess. We need a steady hand for this team right now. If you want a veteran coach who is a proven winner, there is one obvious name. Everyone knows who that is, and his initials are "J.H." And if Miami wants to get him, they're going to need to trade draft capital for him. Personally, I'm fine with that, as Miami lost draft picks to acquire a proven coach once before... and it worked out pretty well.

Also, a note for those who, like me, want a clean sweep: It is fairly common to fire personnel guys after the draft, and not after the season. So calm down, chill out, and let's see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom