Gase has won 9 of his last 10 games with a bad roster | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase has won 9 of his last 10 games with a bad roster

We know coach of the year will go to Garrett because they're winning with rookies or Del Rio because the media is in love with Carr.

The schedule has been a tad bit weak also. Like when I look at most of those games on paper and I think to myself "these are winnable games." However it's usually easier said than done, only this year we've actually won most of those games. But back to the first point the schedule was pretty darn weak. Can anyone tell me what our record was against teams with a winning record this year?

The schedule has been a tad bit weak also. Like when I look at most of those games on paper and I think to myself "these are winnable games." However it's usually easier said than done, only this year we've actually won most of those games. But back to the first point the schedule was pretty darn weak. Can anyone tell me what our record was against teams with a winning record this year?

I don't know, but going by FO's formulas we had the 2nd easiest schedule entering Sunday. We've also had some luck winning close games, like last Sunday with FGs, TOs, and 10 men on the field, or the Cleveland game, which was an absolute miracle win. Our Pythagorean wins suck for next year -we've only scored 4 more points than we've allowed- and DVOA -another strong predictor of +1 year performance- has us as below average. Bottom line, between all this and the Tannenbaum effect, I still feel confident about my prediction that Gase year 1 would be the best one. Let's enjoy it while it lasts. OTOH, I do see hope in that Gase has been even better than expected and has managed to maximize what he has on the roster

Gase = MacGuyver

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

But, fellas... Ajayi. The few times we saw this guy run last year did you EVER SEE AN INKLING that he had the sight and power to run the way he is running? Come on. Ajayi turns into a beast and its because Gase left him back? Thats all it took?

Actually yes. Not sure if you were aware of it or not, but even last year Jay Ajayi had the highest yards after contact when Campbell played him. The talent was always there. The production was mostly there.

What Gase shrewdly did was identify super-talented youngsters who were not preparing hard enough and get them back fully committed. With Jay Ajayi, it was practice effort or film study, but it's fixed now! With DeVante Parker it was keeping himself healthy, and so far that seems to be helping too.

I'm with you bro. I'm 100% a Gase fan. Just wanted to point that out about the J-train.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that good coaches find ways to win even with bad rosters. Anyone can look good when the team is stacked with talent. What makes guys like BB so great is that you remove any player on that team and he still finds a way to win. Lets hope Adam is the next BB.
Not trying to spin this negatively, but he succeeded in spite of the play calling on O AND D and the slow adjustments. Next year the team will know the system game one and he and VJ will have a year's experience with play calling. Getting Jones and Howard back all year and a couple of upgrades on D and I can be QUITE stoked.

Actually yes. Not sure if you were aware of it or not, but even last year Jay Ajayi had the highest yards after completing tact when Campbell played him. The talent was always there. The production was mostly there.

What Gase shrewdly did was identify super-talented youngsters who were not preparing hard enough and get them back fully committed. With Jay Ajayi, it was practice effort or film study, but it's fixed now! With DeVante Parker it was keeping himself healthy, and so far that seems to be helping too.

I'm with you bro. I'm 100% a Gase fan. Just wanted to point that out about the J-train.

jay has definitely improved from last season to now, but completely agree it was there last year and it was discussed on the board - he was doing very well with making defenders miss and yards after contact.....

i think his confidence to bounce outside is there now, and i think he keeps his head up a little longer to see himself thru longer runs....good stuff

just ordered my jtrain jersey for the playoffs...he's gonna be a huge contributor for the phins moving forward and could yield us multiple 1200+ or even 1500+ yard seasons....

Miami's needs are some of the easiest areas to fix, other than maybe pass rusher. Lots of pass rushers are misevaluated. But linebacker, guard? Those are two very underrated positions but not hard if you can put resources on them.

I love Gase and all but let's give the "bad roster" some credit.

They're the one's who actually won 9 out of 10 games. I'd hardly refer to this team as a bad roster.

They may be far from complete but we have talent.

Back
Top Bottom