Gase has won 9 of his last 10 games with a bad roster | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase has won 9 of his last 10 games with a bad roster

No joke, the announcer clowns today spent most of the game discussing Buffalo's playoffs chances. It was bizarre.

Yeah, this is just something that's part of being a Dolphins fan, so it's better to just learn to embrace it. Most opposing teams' TV markets are larger than ours. The networks know who butters their toast.

Yea, Gase has certainly made a significant difference. No one could argue that at this point. The only question moving forward is if he can maintain his magic and prove to be a consistent winner. Obviously sure hope he can pull that off and be the long term solution we've been looking for since (so many years ago...) the days of Don Shula.

For the young ones around here -- it was something to always know we had an advantage before we took the field because our HC was (for many years) simply better than all the others. Not saying Gase will do that -- buy at least we have a HC who is definitely helping us WIN as opposed to goofs like Philbin who help you lose.

As far as the roster, we certainly have some talent -- it's just a tad spotty in a few places.
I think staying focused on the OL and LB will be at the top of the list, and then we need some youth to fill in on DL and additional depth at CB.

But! We are developing talent NOW in a way we haven't for many years!

As someone else noted, the loss of Pouncey and especially Jones impact the upside of the team right now. Based on history I don't believe we can bank on Mike being a game in and game out consistent performer. Though I certainly hope he makes a 100% recovery and proves to be a rock. We better make sure we draft (or acquire) a quality C to have in reserve.

We have oodles of developing talent @WR! And I for one, am incredibly impressed by Ajai. So glad I was wrong about him. Have to hope he can keep his wheels healthy. But the MAN is physical monster out there -- and a dude playing fearlessly play after play.

If we put together a strong off season and everyone gets healthy and we make some good choices KEEPING our core together -- the future looks pretty solid at this point. And of course -- we have a good shot to make the playoffs this year -- and maybe make some noise...

BNF.

Forget the playoffs, or season record or todays game. Adam Gase has won 9 of his last 10 games with a badly broken roster. That is ****ing amazing - they should make a movie about this season.

Imagine what this guy could do with a good team? We have a young coaching god running this team. Start designing a statue for him.

Yep yep yep you hit the nail on the head

Not too bad of a roster actually. Yes Gase has done super job in his 1st season but the players still gotta find ways to win.

Offensively, we're good at the skill positions. The OLine has been better this season...we just gotta add some depth and a good guard or two.

Defensively, yeah too inconsistent there especially in the secondary but they've shown playmaking flashes at times. Definitely gotta get better at the Lb position.

This team won 10 games because the players play for each other. Developing a culture of accountability and the strong team first mentality is the most important job for a coach. Coach Gase did an outstanding job this year.

Amazing. Miami hasn't made it easy and they haven't always looked good doing it, but the team is finding ways to win.

Gase took this team from Mr T when he insisted that Thomas, Turner and Douglas had to go. That told the players who was in charge.

Gase is a god for winning 10 games with this roster, especially with huge injuries along the way. Undoubtedly the best coaching job I've seen for the Dolphins since I started watching them in the late 90s.

In defense of UK, we've had a lot of guys step up and also develop. If you told this board back in August we'd be in playoff contention with Andre Branch, Tony Lippett, Bacari Rambo, and Spencer Paysinger getting meaningful minutes they'd make fun of you.

This is not the type of results we should expect every year for close games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In defense of UK, we've had a lot of guys step up and also develop. If you told this board back in August we'd be in playoff contention with Andre Branch, Tony Lippett, Bacari Rambo, and Spencer Paysinger getting meaningful minutes they'd make fun of you.

Branch has been great. Played fantastic yesterday. Need to re sign him.

Its still a bad roster:

The Dolphins' 9-1 record in their last 10 games is incredible for so many reasons, but none more so than this: Their defense isn't just bad. It's historically bad.

If the Patriots gain at least 345 yards in next Sunday's finale, the Dolphins will have surrendered the most yards in a season in the team's 51-year history. After allowing an absurd 589 in Saturday night's win over Buffalo, the Dolphins ranked 30th league-wide in total defense (381.7 yards per game) heading into Sunday's action.

That is more per game than what Miami gave up in 1986 (378.1), when opposing teams gained a franchise-worst 6,070 yards.

The Dolphins also rank 30th in rush defense, allowing 141.8 per game -- most since their one-win 2007 campaign

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article122934939.html#storylink=cpy

Its still a bad roster:

The Dolphins' 9-1 record in their last 10 games is incredible for so many reasons, but none more so than this: Their defense isn't just bad. It's historically bad.

If the Patriots gain at least 345 yards in next Sunday's finale, the Dolphins will have surrendered the most yards in a season in the team's 51-year history. After allowing an absurd 589 in Saturday night's win over Buffalo, the Dolphins ranked 30th league-wide in total defense (381.7 yards per game) heading into Sunday's action.

That is more per game than what Miami gave up in 1986 (378.1), when opposing teams gained a franchise-worst 6,070 yards.

The Dolphins also rank 30th in rush defense, allowing 141.8 per game -- most since their one-win 2007 campaign

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article122934939.html#storylink=cpy

We are playing with 1 NFL linebacker. Get 2 more of those in off season and this D can go from horrible to decent.

Gase exhibited brilliance by continuing to run as much time off of the clock before attempting the game-winning field goal - even at the expense of risking a fumble.

The reason it was brilliant was that a tie was very beneficial to the Dolphins playoff chances. A tie combined with a Broncos loss would also secure a playoff berth. So he was smart to leave the Bills very little time should Franks have missed the field goal.

I'd be curious whether Gase was aware of the benefit of the tie or just based his game management decisions off of Franks's inconsistency.

But even after taking a knee they pan the camera to Gase and its obvious that something if not everything is efing off.

Im excited about Gase. Hes young and as much as i want to call ALL OF U crazy for thinking hes had a big impact on this season, hes had to have made some sort of impact. It would be insane to dismiss his presence altogether.

But, fellas... Ajayi. The few times we saw this guy run last year did you EVER SEE AN INKLING that he had the sight and power to run the way he is running? Come on. Ajayi turns into a beast and its because Gase left him back? Thats all it took?

Gase's impact on this season has been minimal. We have won games that should've been a loss and winning cures all. We lose those games and the lot of you are clamoring for his head today.

We've seen him not trust Tanne. There was CLEARLY a time yesterday where i think he wouldve prefered Ajayi to throw the football on a hurt shoulder (no trust in Moore). Screens. Those quick designed out plays to the TEs for 3 yards. Come on. Do you really think that gameplan will ever result in us being great again, that dink and dunk mentality? Please. You are fooling yourselves because you are good fans. Thats all.

He is, though, something very exciting for us. His youth is such a thing to look forward to. And whether by hook or crook, we are where we are with him at the main headsets.

Gosh, how i long for us to have a coach here for a decade whether we win championships or not, just to give the franchise a real chance of growing bcuz obviously this reloading crap is efing pathetic. And i think Gase can be that guy. And i think Gase will get better and more comfortable and smarter... the milky way is the limit with this guy.

But if you guys really think he was a major part of this team's record, you are severely wrong.

Back
Top Bottom