Gase:"i was off calling plays", and other quotes/tweets | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase:"i was off calling plays", and other quotes/tweets

Nawledge

Scout Team
Reaction score
@ArmandoSalguero·1h

Adam Gase says Cody Parkey "bailed us out."

Armando Salguero @ArmandoSalguero·1h

Adam Gase said "he was off" calling plays today.

[URL='https://mobile.twitter.com/ArmandoSalguero']Armando Salguero @ArmandoSalguero
·1h

Adam Gase says Lawrence Timmons didn't plays as a coach's decision
[/URL]
[URL='https://mobile.twitter.com/ArmandoSalguero']Armando Salguero @ArmandoSalguero·1h

Adam Gase on Timmons: "I need to figure some things out before I talk about this."

arry Jackson @flasportsbuzz

From 19-17 Dolphins win... Cutler 24-33, 230, 101.8 rating... Ajayi 28-122.. just one Dolphins sack and pass defense leaky

Hal Habib @gunnerhal·2h

Attendance: 25,381. Pretty sad that Chargers can't sell out a 27,000-seat stadium

Hal Habib @gunnerhal·1h

Jarvis Landry to SoFla: This is for you

Jeff Darlington @JeffDarlington·2h

Jay Cutler is really seeming to enjoy this whole thing where he just throws it in the direction of Devante Parker and yells, “500!"
[/URL]
Omar Kelly @OmarKelly·1h

"We're just hoping everything is good, and that he's fine," Andre Branch said Lawrence Timmons.
https://mobile.twitter.com/ArmandoSalguero

Brett Brecheisen @bbrech·13m

Cody Parkey's 54-yard game-winner today is the longest game-winning field goal in Dolphins history.

Brett Brecheisen @bbrech·2h

Ajayi is the first RB to gain 100 yards on the Chargers since Jan. 3, 2016, snapping a 17-game streak that was the longest in the NFL.

oe Schad @schadjoe·13m

The Miami Dolphins have won 10 of their last 12 regular season games under coach Adam Gase

Joe Schad @schadjoe·11m

Jay Ajayi has now ran for more than 200 yards three times and 100-200 yards two times in his career.

oe Schad @schadjoe·10m

Jarvis Landry tied a career-high with 13 catches today

Joe Schad @schadjoe·9m

Melvin Gordon said the StubHub Center in Carson, Calif., was 50 percent Miami Dolphins fans

Joe Schad @schadjoe·7m

Philip Rivers: "There certainly were a lot of Dolphins fans. I think we're fairly used to that.

Good to hear from gase. Coaches just like players can have days when they're off. It happens to everyone. Not too surprising from a second year coach in the first game of the season

Glad to hear he had enough self awareness to acknowledge it and look to improve upon it. Many coaches wouldn't

I wonder if Timmons wasted yo jo after all and the coaches decided to sit him. That's how it sounds, hopefully they can work it out. We need Timmons.

On the Timmons thing, I know we don't know anything, but was he at the game? I didn't think so but the tweet that said that his not playing was a coach's decision made it sound like maybe he showed up.

He was very very off. Ajayi and Landry got 43 of the 56 touches we had in the game. Everyone not named Ajayi had 4 carries for -10 yards. Kenyan had one rush, Jakeem Grant and Damien Williams did not get involved at all today. That's not what Gase envisioned.

Hopefully coach rounds into midseason next week against the Jets. Ajayi should feast again. We just need the same turnover free Cutler to show up again.

Edit: make that 44/56. Forgot Landry had a rush. That man drank his red bull today.

Edit 2: omfg. The man threw a pass too! I forgot.

Last edited:
When we called that last timeout, I started looking for Philbin.

Time out was questionable to say the least but it wasn't the level of philbin against the packers or sparano against the saints which both arguably cost us the game. Rivers was gonna spike the ball anyway to set up a field goal attempt.

Gase strikes me as the type of coach that can adapt his system really well to his players' strengths. But it takes him a while to figure those out.

Last year we didn't found our offensive identity until the Steelers game. Hopefully this year we can figure it out way sooner.

I was surprised we didn't use more play action and bootlegs. As good as Ajayi was running we should have done that way more

Ozzy rules!!

Time out was questionable to say the least but it wasn't the level of philbin against the packers or sparano against the saints which both arguably cost us the game. Rivers was gonna spike the ball anyway to set up a field goal attempt.

Seemed to be a case of coach being too wrapped up in his thoughts.

When he realized they were running to put the ball on the middle hash he knew they'd spike to stop the clock. At that point he probably made up his mind that he'd call a timeout so that if the Chargers made the FG, and took the lead we'd still have ten seconds to have one last shot at winning.

The lightbulb didn't go off in time and Gase didn't realize that they might not be able to get the spike off in time with that kicker running onto the field.

Crisis averted thankfully. We had a bad case of first week jitters and left with a Big fat W in LA.

Thank you for this - those were the two worst time outs ever taken in Miami Dolphin's history. What two dip shits those guys were.

Back
Top Bottom