Gase:"i was off calling plays", and other quotes/tweets | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase:"i was off calling plays", and other quotes/tweets

Timmons was inactive and not at the stadium for the Dolphins’ 19-17 victory against the Chargers. Details about what exactly happened are few, but Timmons apparently left after growing angry about something not related to the team.

“I really don't know much about the situation,” said offensive lineman Jermon Bushrod.. “I don't know what happened or why. It got to the point where I just hope he's OK. Of course we want the competitor out there. He left it out there all week in practice. He had a good week of practice. When this happened, I just hope he's OK. You want him to play. He's a leader. He's a hell of player.”

With Timmons out, the Dolphins had a real issue at linebacker.

Alonso, Hull and Allen started Sunday, and other than a couple of coverage breakdowns, held up reasonably well. The Chargers had just 44 yards rushing on 3.1 per carry — both huge improvements over how the Dolphins fared against the run in 2016.

Hull led all Dolphins with 10 tackles, including one for loss. He also had a hit on quarterback Philip Rivers.

http://amp.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article173877066.html

Wow...no use of Grant, no Drake, no Gray, no Williams...spread the ball around coach...

Williams did have a nice block on the Grant punt return at the end.
You want to empty the whole bag of tricks in game 1?

Not necessarily show everything, but remember Jay Ajayi had a concussion and it might have been wiser to give Drake and Williams more opportunities. I'm not concerned about Grant, but way too many throws to Landry. I would have rather seen a few to Fasano, Stills and Williams out of the backfield.

Not the whole bag, but I thought the days of Landry catching 15 balls a game were behind us.

I liked the use of DVP today, we made an effort to get him the ball. But let's give Grant 2 plays a game, throw in a little more Julius, some Fasano...just would like us to be more diverse...

Last edited:
Despite all the adversities the Dolphins have already faced this summer, we still had hope because of Gase. He had to shoulder a tremendous number of stressors (Tannehill, McMillan, Pouncey, Matt Burke, and Irma) and I'm sure whatever happened with Timmons had to have some affect on his focus and thought process. At the very least, on the eve of the first game Gase lost some sleep, and had to take his mind off of the Chargers to deal with Timmons.

Gase called a very conservative game, very similar to the Rams game last year, and played not to win. The offensive line didn't have time to gel, Cutler is further behind then Tannehill was this time last year, and I'm sure Gase had to deal with players, coaches and their respective families during the Irma evacuation. We won when we had no right to win this game. Let's enjoy this gift and hope we have limited injuries. I've seen enough from Gase to know he will learn from this game once the "circus" around him settle downs.

Love that Gase can take the blame for his play calling.

After the preseason he had, to not get Grant involved made little sense. Miami seemed to be pretty conservative, but they came out on top and that's what matters.

The Dolphins will have to come up with answers against the pass as the team faces a lot of good quarterbacks this year. That said, it's a very promising start for the run defense especially considering Timmons did not play.

I'm not one to hammer refs or dwell on bad calls but how did the DVP catch be a no catch. Input please cause i don't think it was close.

I'm not one to hammer refs or dwell on bad calls but how did the DVP catch be a no catch. Input please cause i don't think it was close.

It wasn't close. Just another typically bad call by NFL officials.

Back
Top Bottom