Gase: "I’d like to draft a quarterback every year." | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase: "I’d like to draft a quarterback every year."

I think you are exaggerating the quality of the team in 2016. It wasn't ideal. It was simply less ****ty. The 2016 Dolphins were NOT the 2017 Eagles. Not even close. Put Wentz on the 2016 Dolphins and they are a 10-6 team. Put Tannehill on the 2017 Eagles and they are a 13-3 team.
put wentz on 2017 team and we are 11-5, put a. rodger on 2016 dolphins and we are 13-3. with all them easy team to beat.

It's in the fact that no one ever corroborated the bullshit he spun after being kicked to the curb before or since, trying to paint himself as being victimized by Tannehill when all the while he did what he could to undermine him with worthless Sherman and his dolt Son In Law

... yep, no one associated with him or the team...and that includes his butt buddy Sherman. But if you want to believe him because it feeds your OCD, knock yourself out but save up for the shiny bridge I will be offering you on the cheap.
This is sounding more and more like your own personal theory

This is sounding more and more like your own personal theory
Too ****ing funny.

Gase publicly says after being hired several times that he's here largely because of Tannehill.
--"but he had to say that, he's lying"

Gase without being prompted, later on reiterates that he's here mostly because of Tannehill
-- "but he had to say that, he's lying"

Gase says he's very happy with Tannehill's progress
---" but he had to say that, he's lying"

Gase says Tannehill will be the starter for the foreseeable future
-- "but but but he had to say that, he's lying"

OTOH Philbin, who didn't give a **** about the team putting his butt buddy Sherman first, refusing to fire him until he was threatened with losing his own job

- yet still as an accommodation to his father in law, continued to retain Zach Taylor, an unqualified QB mentor despite his obviously not doing a great job

- who without a single independent corroboration from anyone associated with the team, after he was kicked to the curb for cause, decides to blame the guy he was inadvertently sabotaging for his obvious issues by pulling some revisionist bullshit out of his ass which was news to everyone else -

yet THAT you ****ing choose to believe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The fact that you'd embrace this self-serving revisionist rubbish really speaks more about you and your unhealthy, unnatural over-the-top disdain for Tannehil than it does about him or even Slow Joe. Seek help!

edit: I see that you are one of the few Tannehaters who actually support the site.. Go into VIP and find Chambers discussion with a former starting player to see just how big a scumbag Philbin really was..
Tannehill drranged syndrome.png

Last edited:
I think you are exaggerating the quality of the team in 2016. It wasn't ideal. It was simply less ****ty. The 2016 Dolphins were NOT the 2017 Eagles. Not even close. Put Wentz on the 2016 Dolphins and they are a 10-6 team. Put Tannehill on the 2017 Eagles and they are a 13-3 team.
So RT and Wentz are equal? Are all QBs equal other than Brady?

So RT and Wentz are equal? Are all QBs equal other than Brady?

Equal? No, no two quarterbacks are equal. This is not science.

Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Roethlisberger are the A group. Next set (no particular order) would be Luck, Wentz, Wilson, Ryan, Rivers, Stafford. Next set (no particular order) would include Smith, Cousins, Tannehill, Carr, Garappolo and maybe a few others.

As have said many times, IMO there is not much separating the good QBs outside of the elite until you get well into the middle of the pack in the league. The problem with rankings is that people imagine some huge drop from spot to spot or there is a measurable difference between the spots using some official scale like temperature or weight. That's just not how it is.

It is more like listing your favorite foods. Clearly you like your #1 choice better than #10 but #10 is still enjoyable. It is still a perfectly fine food. Also, there is no reason to believe that the separation between 1 and 2 is the same as the separation between 9 and 10. BTW, to complete the analogy, how much you enjoy a particular food depends a lot on what you are eating it with (supporting players) or how it is prepared (coaching). Steak is #1, steak with ketchup? Not so much. I like my steak grilled. Boil it and you have to give me something else.

I prefer "rankings" that simply break QBs into groups like "Future HOFers", "good enough to win with", "still developing", etc.

I think the real difference between critics and hardline believers is the critics see him for what he has done or not done and the believers are projecting.

Back
Top Bottom