Gase: "I’d like to draft a quarterback every year." | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase: "I’d like to draft a quarterback every year."

Seriously? Fins have a propensity to F up a draft pick no matter where it is. Number one overall? Let’s take Jake Long. Trade up for number 3? Dion Jordan time. Sitting at 13? How about Laremy Tunsil. The list goes on and on.

I surely hope and pray Miami gets an impact player whether it’s QB (as I hope) or OL or LB. But nothing is promised that is for sure especially with this group of decision makers.

Lol Miami will draft someone you’ll have to google or a QB that could have been had on day 2 at #11

This is music to my ears. I love that Gase understands you MUST have a legitimate QB or you are going no where.

Until you have a franchise QB, it really doesn't matter how many other moves you make (95% of the time, yes there are a few exceptions). You can add tons of talent, but in the end you need a franchise QB, no way around it.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/28/adam-gase-id-like-to-draft-a-quarterback-every-year/

Do you consider Nick Foles to be a franchise qb???

I wasn’t blaming RT17 for the slow start. But the history plus injury is 2 strikes to me.

So other players not knowing their assignments is a strike against Tannehill, but you're not blaming Tannehill.

Can you imagine the situation in baseball?

Pitch #1

Ump: "Strike TWOOOOOOO!!!!"

Batter: "What? That was the first pitch!"

Ump: "The first strike was from the previous batter."

So other players not knowing their assignments is a strike against Tannehill, but you're not blaming Tannehill.

Can you imagine the situation in baseball?

Pitch #1

Ump: "Strike TWOOOOOOO!!!!"

Batter: "What? That was the first pitch!"

Ump: "The first strike was from the previous batter."
No ownership from Tannehill. Just excuses.

He. Has. Also. Been. Part. Of. The. Problem.

We need a thread of next possible excuses for RT not getting us anywhere.

Here’s number one for 2018: lost Landry and replaced him with X.

No ownership from Tannehill. Just excuses.

He. Has. Also. Been. Part. Of. The. Problem.

We need a thread of next possible excuses for RT not getting us anywhere.

Here’s number one for 2018: lost Landry and replaced him with X.

Take it up with Gase. His explanation, not mine. I'm sure you think he is just part of the grand conspiracy to prop up Tannehill. Philbin, Sherman, Gase, multiple variations of the front office, etc. Who else is involved?

Take it up with Gase. His explanation, not mine. I'm sure you think he is just part of the grand conspiracy to prop up Tannehill. Philbin, Sherman, Gase, multiple variations of the front office, etc. Who else is involved?
Didn't Philbin want to replace Tannehill with Derek Carr?
Tannehill had a nice run in 2016 before he was hurt, but he has been inconsistent. The OL has sucked beyond belief over the years but Tannehill is somewhat to blame by sitting in the pocket too long.
I'm still not sold on his ability to take the team on his back and lead us to victory. I know it was early in his career, but 2013's horrific ending still sticks with me. As you know, we only needed to win one game to make the playoffs. Week 16 we lost 19-0 and Tannehill went 10/27 for 82 yards. The next week he threw three picks against the Jets and we lost again.
I think we'll know what kind of QB he is after this year. Right now it's still TBD.

Hahaha!!!! Did you see 2017? QB was the biggest problem with oline 2nd

No, 2nd was defense. We have been 11th and 10th in sacks allowed under Gase with Matt Moore, who notoriously takes bad sacks, seeing time at QB. The O-line is not the best in the NFL but it's struggles are greatly exaggerated on here. The biggest problem with the offense in 2017 was the QB not being able to execute plays that were there to be made, end of story. Even in Cutler's best game against the Pats there were points left on the field. We fix that without changing anything else the offense should be much better.

Tannehill had a nice run in 2016 before he was hurt, but he has been inconsistent. The OL has sucked beyond belief over the years but Tannehill is somewhat to blame by sitting in the pocket too long.
I'm still not sold on his ability to take the team on his back and lead us to victory. I know it was early in his career, but 2013's horrific ending still sticks with me. As you know, we only needed to win one game to make the playoffs. Week 16 we lost 19-0 and Tannehill went 10/27 for 82 yards. The next week he threw three picks against the Jets and we lost again.
I think we'll know what kind of QB he is after this year. Right now it's still TBD.

I'm sorry this post is correct. If Joe Philbin wanted to replace Tannehill it must be the correct decision. How could anyone question a coach the caliber of Joe Philbin. Mods, close the thread.

Seriously? Fins have a propensity to F up a draft pick no matter where it is. Number one overall? Let’s take Jake Long. Trade up for number 3? Dion Jordan time. Sitting at 13? How about Laremy Tunsil. The list goes on and on.

I surely hope and pray Miami gets an impact player whether it’s QB (as I hope) or OL or LB. But nothing is promised that is for sure especially with this group of decision makers.

I'm confused. EVERYBODY had Long and Tunsil top 3, but it's Miami who made the bad decision to draft them? How should they have known something no other team knew?

I'm sorry this post is correct. If Joe Philbin wanted to replace Tannehill it must be the correct decision. How could anyone question a coach the caliber of Joe Philbin. Mods, close the thread.
Did you read the post I was responding to? It was implying that Tannehill has had the trust of the coaches/front office since he was drafted. I know Philbin sucks! That doesn't change the fact that the poster's statement wasn't correct because Philbin wanted Carr.

No.. he lied after he was kicked to the curb hoping that revisionist history would earn him another chance to **** up another team. Not a single independent corroboration exists! Ya know, a little like "team builder" The Rancid Tuna tried to insist he had nothing to do with drafting Pat White. LOL

And it's especially ironic that through his nepotism, Philbin did his best to try to sink Tannehill..

During the 1-4 start Gase assured everybody that the QB was not the problem. Players did not know their assignments. That problem carried over into 2017. Roster changes were made as a result.
Gase also assured everybody in 2017 that Cutler wasn't the problem. If you disagree, maybe we shouldn't just take Gase's coachspeak as gospel

Back
Top Bottom