Gase: "I’d like to draft a quarterback every year." | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase: "I’d like to draft a quarterback every year."

Tannehill is Gase’s guy! That’s why he took the job! Tannehill is his QB this season! End of story! QB is the least of Miami’s problems!
if thill17 does ball him and gase will be gone soon. it better as coach to get rookie because it by time.

Did you know our starting QB didn't play one snap in 2017 and is slated to return for 2018?

Yeah, but I’m also aware he hasn’t played In 20 games, and our past 2 seasons have come to humiliateing ends because we haven’t addressed the QB spot since 2012. Given the past 2 years i would say our back up qb is more important than rg or LB. I would also say we don’t know what Ryan will be when he comes back. Not only does he have to overcome major knee surgery, but he also has to over come not some major rust, and needs to re establish chemistry with his team.

Yeah, but I’m also aware he hasn’t played In 20 games, and our past 2 seasons have come to humiliateing ends because we haven’t addressed the QB spot since 2012. Given the past 2 years i would say our back up qb is more important than rg or LB. I would also say we don’t know what Ryan will be when he comes back. Not only does he have to overcome major knee surgery, but he also has to over come not some major rust, and needs to re establish chemistry with his team.

I'd say the concern over the knee is a little overblown. Probably should have had surgery to prevent this current situation. But I cant fathom this being a lingering issue. I mean you never know, but to act like he's suddenly injury prone is weird. And we got the entire offseason to dust off that rust.

No, a lot of people thought he was the 2nd coming of greatness, and that he was the savior of the franchise. Lots of BYU folks showed up, claiming they were "BYU/Beck fans first, Fin fans 2nd", and all hell broke loose. It was good fun. Complete dumpster fire though.

Basically was a Beck vs. Henne war, with Pennington really being an afterthought....then Pennington took over, Henne settled in as #2, and Beck got shipped out soon after, and all was settled. For a brief time period though, it was crazy. Pretty depraved stuff.

I was a Brady Quinn guy, so that shows how much I know about QB/draft knowledge.
I remember that draft. I told my buddy on my flag football team (who was the QB) that Brady Quinn was way overhyped and would be a bust. He said I was insane. Different topic not to gloat but, I also said Jonathan Martin would bust, and Dion Jordan as well. however I was wrong about Vince young.

That list of draft picks is better than what we’ve had over 10 years lol. That’s pretty bad.

As we get closer to the draft, I love the fact that at 11, whoever we take there BPA or not, will help this team.
A qb, Nelson, Mcglinchey, James, Roaquan, Tremaine, all of these guys will help day one. I absolutely love our pick at 11 no matter who it is.

I'd say the concern over the knee is a little overblown. Probably should have had surgery to prevent this current situation. But I cant fathom this being a lingering issue. I mean you never know, but to act like he's suddenly injury prone is weird. And we got the entire offseason to dust off that rust.

I think it is a concern. Even healthy Ryan’s last 2 seasons started 1-3 and 1-4. Not known for starting fast and coming back from injury certainly worries me. He’s never been injured before. There’s a mental part about standing in there after taking a hit like the one Campbell gave him. Will he stand in there like before? Or will he bail like Cutler? I would bet the prior cuz he is a tough one. But with a lot of unknowns and not a good history of of starting quick I’m concerned.

I think it is a concern. Even healthy Ryan’s last 2 seasons started 1-3 and 1-4. Not known for starting fast and coming back from injury certainly worries me. He’s never been injured before. There’s a mental part about standing in there after taking a hit like the one Campbell gave him. Will he stand in there like before? Or will he bail like Cutler? I would bet the prior cuz he is a tough one. But with a lot of unknowns and not a good history of of starting quick I’m concerned.

During the 1-4 start Gase assured everybody that the QB was not the problem. Players did not know their assignments. That problem carried over into 2017. Roster changes were made as a result.

I wasn’t blaming RT17 for the slow start. But the history plus injury is 2 strikes to me.

What I find funny about the Gase took this job because of THill. You guys know Gase had a whole playbook designed for Kap when he was talking with the Niners right? Gase is not his QB. Which is the scapegoat the FO will use if the season tanks. I have a good feeling a QB will be taken round one and it will be his guy and what will be said to Ross if the season is a disaster. THill is not a franchise QB. I like the kid but he is what he is. He is serviceable but would not stop me from looking at upgrades.

What I find funny about the Gase took this job because of THill. You guys know Gase had a whole playbook designed for Kap when he was talking with the Niners right? Gase is not his QB. Which is the scapegoat the FO will use if the season tanks. I have a good feeling a QB will be taken round one and it will be his guy and what will be said to Ross if the season is a disaster. THill is not a franchise QB. I like the kid but he is what he is. He is serviceable but would not stop me from looking at upgrades.
Couldn’t agree more. Gase ain’t goin down with RT rest assured. If 2017 showed Gase anything it’s he better damn well have a plan B. And Plan Bs become plan As pretty quickly in the NFL.

As we get closer to the draft, I love the fact that at 11, whoever we take there BPA or not, will help this team.
A qb, Nelson, Mcglinchey, James, Roaquan, Tremaine, all of these guys will help day one. I absolutely love our pick at 11 no matter who it is.
Seriously? Fins have a propensity to F up a draft pick no matter where it is. Number one overall? Let’s take Jake Long. Trade up for number 3? Dion Jordan time. Sitting at 13? How about Laremy Tunsil. The list goes on and on.

I surely hope and pray Miami gets an impact player whether it’s QB (as I hope) or OL or LB. But nothing is promised that is for sure especially with this group of decision makers.

Back
Top Bottom