Gase: "I’d like to draft a quarterback every year." | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase: "I’d like to draft a quarterback every year."

lol definitely haven't seen anyone post that here.

I've seen people say that with John Beck during his heyday here, with the whole "I'm a Beck fan first, Fins fan 2nd" (that did happen), but never with Tannehill. Shoot, I don't think people even are diehard Tannehill supporters around these parts...there are those that think that he's got potential, but they aren't locked and loaded onto him by any means.

There doesn't need to be any sort of "Side A vs. Side B" in this Tannehill thing. We all want one thing...what's best for the team. The problem is, in this day and age, everyone wants to be the person to run around screaming "IM RIGHT! IM RIGHT! L00k @ MEE! IM RIGHT!", rather than any sort of honest discourse actually happening.

We all want one thing, and that's our team winning. The problem is, we all have our own opinions on how that needs to happen. Some think the baby should be thrown out with the bathwater, others think that Tannehill should be the guy moving forward. I think that Tannehill should be given a year (or two) to show what he's got, and if he's a dud, let him go...we've got an easy out in his contract, after all.

Let's not let this board turn into a shitslinging fest and not let ourselves devolve to the level of simpleminded primates. We're better than that.

I've seen people say that with John Beck during his heyday here, with the whole "I'm a Beck fan first, Fins fan 2nd" (that did happen), but never with Tannehill. Shoot, I don't think people even are diehard Tannehill supporters around these parts...there are those that think that he's got potential, but they aren't locked and loaded onto him by any means.

There doesn't need to be any sort of "Side A vs. Side B" in this Tannehill thing. We all want one thing...what's best for the team. The problem is, in this day and age, everyone wants to be the person to run around screaming "IM RIGHT! IM RIGHT! L00k @ MEE! IM RIGHT!", rather than any sort of honest discourse actually happening.

We all want one thing, and that's our team winning. The problem is, we all have our own opinions on how that needs to happen. Some think the baby should be thrown out with the bathwater, others think that Tannehill should be the guy moving forward. I think that Tannehill should be given a year (or two) to show what he's got, and if he's a dud, let him go...we've got an easy out in his contract, after all.

Let's not let this board turn into a ****slinging fest and not let ourselves devolve to the level of simpleminded primates. We're better than that.
Wait a minute.....Beck had a heyday?

Implying RT supporters are Tannehill fans first?! Lol, get real.

I am a Tannehill supporter, I think he is a very good QB and most likely has played better than the stats or win-loss record may indicate, but I also know that he is a 30 plus-year-old QB who is coming off a knee surgery and hasn't thrown a meaningful pass in over 20 months (by the time the season starts). I also have a pretty good idea about next years draft and know that if Tannehill shows that he isn't up to it anymore or has another knee injury, I am left looking at a Geno Smith and EJ Manual level QB draft. If a golden gun presents itself, I grab it and create a issue of having too good QBs on my roster.

I wasn't indicating that Tannehill supporters are more Tannehill fans then Dolphin fans, I was just mentioning that I care less about the individual players and more about the overall success of the team. With all that said, I only want to take a QB if it is the right player...other then that give me a defensive playmaker.

Lol there was a debate about how bad beck was right?

No, a lot of people thought he was the 2nd coming of greatness, and that he was the savior of the franchise. Lots of BYU folks showed up, claiming they were "BYU/Beck fans first, Fin fans 2nd", and all hell broke loose. It was good fun. Complete dumpster fire though.

Basically was a Beck vs. Henne war, with Pennington really being an afterthought....then Pennington took over, Henne settled in as #2, and Beck got shipped out soon after, and all was settled. For a brief time period though, it was crazy. Pretty depraved stuff.

I was a Brady Quinn guy, so that shows how much I know about QB/draft knowledge.

I'm not sure I believe the line that Gase took the job because of RT. I just can't believe that there were multiple teams with similar talent and he looked at RT and that is the one reason he chose the dolphins. If this really is to be taken literally I'd be concerned a bit about Gase's commitment to the team versus the guy that made him take the job in RT

I've heard this headline (I'd draft a QB every year) a number times in a number of places but ??? just wondering how many teams (GMs etc.) adhere to such seemingly obvious "yea that should work" plans? Maybe its just me but the league seems to collectively fall short DEVELOPING QB TALENT beyond the "product" coming out of college... You would think a "farm league" of QBs would get some traction. Have a whole mess of QB talent throwing rocks reading D and working their fundamentals day and night (cheerleaders could play a role and) stack your entire PS (and woodshed) with young QB wood baby!

Why does the N F L suck so much??? Because it's dominated by CORPORATE ideology and billion airhead Babylonian BS. I say rip those panties off and have some freaky fun!

BNF.

I just look at the NFL mock draft board and all 4 of their "experts" have the dolphins taking someone different at 11
these are the 4 guys they have for us,
Allen
Nelson
Smith
Davenport

These draft boards have players all over the place and with all the smoke screen that goes on is very hard to tell what's what. I believe this is one of the most unpredictable drafts ever

Ozzy rules!!
Being that we're close to April and the #1 pick is all over the board in mocks.... Absolutely. This draft will be very exciting. Can't remember the last time there were 3-4 QBs who different people have #1 on their board.

I also wouldn't read too much into it. I'd like to go on an amazing vacation every month and if it was an affordable option and I had unlimited vacation days, I would. I'm sure he'd like to draft a QB every year, but with limited draft picks and 53 spots to fill, it's not practical.

This is music to my ears. I love that Gase understands you MUST have a legitimate QB or you are going no where.

Until you have a franchise QB, it really doesn't matter how many other moves you make (95% of the time, yes there are a few exceptions). You can add tons of talent, but in the end you need a franchise QB, no way around it.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/28/adam-gase-id-like-to-draft-a-quarterback-every-year/

How do you define "franchise QB?"

Tannehill is Gase’s guy! That’s why he took the job! Tannehill is his QB this season! End of story! QB is the least of Miami’s problems!

Just out of curiosity, who are you mocking here? The person who said those things?

Because that person is Adam Gase.

I'd absolutely be on board with drafting a QB every year, and most definitely this year. Either if one of the top 4 falls to 11, or if they take one late (Benkert, Ferguson, Woodside). There's nothing wrong with building for the future while working on the present.

Just out of curiosity, who are you mocking here? The person who said those things?

Because that person is Adam Gase.
I could be mistaken but I believe the next time this particular member posts something positively, enthusiastically and/or optimistically Fin-centric will be the first. Obviously for some unhappy folks, "misery loves company." So consider the source.

Back
Top Bottom