Gase is done | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase is done

He should be on the hot seat. But he won’t be.

While I respect your frustration, I believe you are being too reactionary.

He deserves this year two more unless he goes 0-16. That is what a playoff appearance after more than a decade of mediocrity should buy Coach Gase. We are only 4-5, and we got beat soundly by a 6-3 team.

I do believe it is fair to question his experience as a head coach. Also, it is fair to question his staff building experience. I do not question his willingness to make changes. His decision to move on from Ajayi has been spot on for the last two weeks. Drake and Williams are getting the job done.

I do have some questions about his ability to consistently deliver a winning team over time, but he deserves the time. Let’s see what he does with it.

I’m not really enticed by any of the coaching candidates out there enough to dump Gase and start over. Gase showed me enough last year to give him a chance for the next 2 years. I’d prefer to pair him with a GM who shares his vision and can put together a roster though.

Watching Eagles every week I am so ready to take a chance on Jim Schwartz. We have had several "offensive" gurus which resulted in crap offenses so lets just grab a legit OC.
Schwartz's style is much needed here

We need to bring in a guy who is a proven head coach. A guy who can bring in quality assistant coaches. Then find a top notch GM who can identify talent and bring in talent. Then give that staff several years to right the ship.

teams only a year away if guys like raekwon and tank and howard and Charles harris all of which they will bank on being the case make significant strides this offseason

rubbers gonna hit the road on xavien howard in 2018 tank raekwon and harris 2019

they love dvp and they should...don't let the current qb situation get in the way of it...deter anything...that kid can play

the sky is falling people are entertaining. Gase is not going anywhere and he shouldn't, we had a great season last year and yes this season is disappointing but we lost are franchise quarterback in training camp. the only thing i am flustered with is why waste $10m on Cutler when we aren't even opening up the playbook, but other than that it is what it is. hopefully we can play spoiler down the stretch and make sure the Bills extend their playoff drought to 18 seasons.

and x is gonna take a lot of heat for yesterday but Miami played some coverages that put him in a bad position leverage or "box out" wise and we also tried to run the mike lb under some things in base where reys lack of range gave us literally no chance...more range at mike x doesn't give up those catches

its bad when the ball goes to the boundary of the field and the mike doesn't meet it in the run game even 12 yards deep...that's real eye sore stuff...at worst they should meet it 5 yards deep

I was hopeful after that first year, but his offense sux, the guy running the D sux, and last but not least - he is the worst play caller in the league.

No chance, he has to build his team, it will take him a little bit of time. Can’t keep recirculating coaches every two years. I am confident gase will get it right by his 4th year. Injuries decimated this team not to mention the embarrassment with he oline coach. This team still has Ireland’s stink on it. I find it hard to believe this team is this bad but it is. For all we as fans know they maybe tanking to be able to get gase a qb he wants. It sounds stupid but it seems that’s the trend that happens if there is a qb. Who really knows what is going on behind the scenes. In the mean time do what I do play fantasy football and don’t count on any dolphin players unless you absolutely have no choice.

Reality is we our in worse shape than the Browns. They will at least clean house we are stuck with Gase. This team quit on him a long time ago and maybe with good reason. Losses are one thing embarrassment like last night, Baltimore, and London are another. They will not fire him. He is the worst coach we have ever had. Worst. Team has talent. There is no excuse for whats going on. If we had a decent coach this team is easily 6-3.

while cutler isnt fully to blame he still is downright awful...i feel for chicago, they had to endure this for years...while matt moore isnt great either id still rather watch matt play the rest of the season...making the fans watch jay cutler is just wrong and a slap in the face.

and x is gonna take a lot of heat for yesterday but Miami played some coverages that put him in a bad position leverage or "box out" wise and we also tried to run the mike lb under some things in base where reys lack of range gave us literally no chance...more range at mike x doesn't give up those catches

its bad when the ball goes to the boundary of the field and the mike doesn't meet it in the run game even 12 yards deep...that's real eye sore stuff...at worst they should meet it 5 yards deep

What did you think about that pass interference call on him? I couldn't see **** and the replay they showed was all about how great cam newton is.

What did you think about that pass interference call on him? I couldn't see **** and the replay they showed was all about how great cam newton is.

I thought it was ticky tack but probably warranted and im ok with it...the catches these guys are making vs him he's in their hip or on their body etc...its not like they running free on x...just looks like needs another year of seasoning and maybe he instead of giving up those catches makes plays on the ball...but again some of that production is coverage played based more than anything else and pff for example doesn't seem to account for that...but that's not new they don't account for anything situational

Gase isn't going anywhere at least anytime soon Lol Doesn't even enter Ross's head. Plus, 5-7 teams would be after his ass after the season. WE HAVE JAY CUTLER!! If that's not a pass, I really don't know what is. We're not 0-9 lol I get being annoyed as hell but this has everything to do with Ryan being out. Does anyone think we'd have the 32nd offense? Has Tannehill every turned the ball over inside our 40 with 3 timeouts before half? Cutler can't run which destroys drives and the defense knows he's no threat nor do I think he wants to be. We were 0-27 on 3rd down and 11plus before last night!!! Seriously?? Tannehill excels at throwing a rope while Cutler throws off his back foot. I was totally blind as well as being a homer when we got Cutler. I was wayyy wrong!! Say Tannehill does add 2 wins..We wouldn't be talking about this subject. Still, I don't see how some don't attribute our overall play directly to Cutler leading the league's worst offense (which hurts a defense that is built on maintaining a lead). With Parker, Landry, and Stills we shouldn't have this much trouble scoring and just simply moving the ball which keeps the D off the field. I know it sounds like an excuse but I was on the Cutler bandwagon. I also can see the multiple and important differences between our Starting Qb and Jay Cutler. Mainly, one guy wants to win and be a leader while the other will happily accept his $10 mil and not give a **** about winning. Other players see this and we seen a bunch of Jay Cutler's on Defense not giving a ****..

Gase is DONE with this team. He'll muddle through another two years of mediocrity and excuses but, eventually he'll get canned. He just wasn't ready to be HC. He doesn't command the respect that he thinks he deserves. When Tannehill returns he'll be hobbled by no Ajayi and likely no Landry. Ajayi was a huge part of why we made the play-offs last season and Landry was Tannehill's favorite target. Gase lost the locker room months ago and, throwing the players under the bus only made matters worse. When Tannehill comes back and is seen as Gase's buddy then, he'll lose the locker room too. Ross will eventually see it also.

Back
Top Bottom