Gase is done | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase is done

Kiko is really doing his best to over pursue/be totally out of position almost every play. QB of the defense and QB of the offense lost for the season, you had to figure it wouldn’t be pretty this year

But the Packers haven't been blown out like the Dolphins have this year. There is no excuse in getting blown out the way the Dolphins have in the Panthers and Ravens games. That's the biggest difference.

The Pack are 1-3 without Rodgers and the Texans are 0-2 and have gotten blown out (33-7) and lost to the Colts.

In fairness to Gase, he picked the one QB whom he coached before and actually had some success with. I'm sure he was freaking out trying to salvage the season and he tried. I can't get on him for trying and the idiot QB ended up playing like he didn't care. He was put in about as bad a situation as possible with his starting QB going down in training camp. I believe Gase def has say on the players. He has to. It wouldn't make sense not to. Oh, I totally agree they quit. It seemed to me like they quit after Cutler decided to forego throwing a bomb to Stills with only a safety that was stride for stride with him and decides to throw to Kuechly with 40 secs left. What will it take for Gase to be fired? I would hope more than a playoff berth and a 4-5 team one spot behind the wildcard 6th seed. I think and hope the players are smart enough to understand the season was going to be different without Tannehill. I still think it's too early to call for the guys head. I don't even think it's close. Yes, if we went 4-12 we can have that convo. To me, shutouts and bad offensive play blame directly goes to the QB. We do it to Tannehill when he has a bad game. The difference is Cutler is a bad game in general. We were 0 for 27 on passes 3rd down and 11+yds to go. How can that be on Gase and not Cutler? Cutler can't throw an out route without floating it. The talent level is just night and day between the two. I don't believe losing a (top 12) starting QB in the NFL can easily be replaced or is a reason to blame Gase. He's been the coach for a season and a half lol Has he really been that bad? Everyone is entitled to their opinion but why don't we give Gase a chance to build the roster and if he fails..Let's talk about firing him. A year and a half just isn't enough time especially when he has a winning record combined (14-11). I think a big problem is we think there's some savior out there that could have salvaged this season but more than likely that's not the case. I'd like to give Gase some time to mess up before we say you're fired. It's hard for me to say someone should be fired unless they really sucked. I'm as poor a sport and am just annoyed as everyone but I truly don't think starting over after we just did is the way to go. Hopefully everything works out. Time will tell. PHINS UP!!

I’ll give you Gase has familiarity with Cutler but they did not have success. They were 6-10 and bottom 10 in scoring and total offense. Cutler did have the best year if his career ratings wise but it was hardly a good year when compared to his peers. Which begs the question of how he was labeled a an whisperer or offensive guru? Those rare types can make crap look average, average look good, good look great. Gase simply can not elevate his personnel by scheme, play calling, or coaching. At least he hadn’t so far. (Tannehill is not an example as he’s had good seasons prior to Gase.)

Gase also knew all of Cutler’s limitations and he still has yet to figure out an offense that he can run. The offense he is running is also the reason we’re 0 for 27 on 3rd and 11+ as we never throw the ball down field in that situations. I don’t have the official stats but it contains a lot of draws, screens, and short dump offs. I seriously doubt we’ve even attempted a pass beyond the sticks in that situation. That’s why we’re 0 for 27, we give up and don’t even try. That’s also why teams sell out on 2nd and 10 for the run. It’s a guaranteed punt if they stuff it and Gase almost always happily obliges by running right into the blitz.

You say this is only a year and a half but he did the same thing last year. People remember 10-6 but they forget about all of the slow starts and playing down to our competition. We needed miracles to beat the niners, Chargers, and the rams. All teams we should’ve handled easily if we were truly a well coached and prepared team. We also were near the bottom of the league in yards on scoring. So again I ask you what has Gase done that us any different than Sporano? Both took advantage of a cup cake schedule and were exposed in the playoffs. Then they both regressed and serious red flags shot up. So how is this situation any different? Sorry but Gase has done nothing to validate his trumped up status and the likelihood the light going on and him completely changing into an adaptive and creative coach who motivates and makes his players better is slim to none.

I’ll give you Gase has familiarity with Cutler but they did not have success. They were 6-10 and bottom 10 in scoring and total offense. Cutler did have the best year if his career ratings wise but it was hardly a good year when compared to his peers. Which begs the question of how he was labeled a an whisperer or offensive guru? Those rare types can make crap look average, average look good, good look great. Gase simply can not elevate his personnel by scheme, play calling, or coaching. At least he hadn’t so far. (Tannehill is not an example as he’s had good seasons prior to Gase.)

Gase also knew all of Cutler’s limitations and he still has yet to figure out an offense that he can run. The offense he is running is also the reason we’re 0 for 27 on 3rd and 11+ as we never throw the ball down field in that situations. I don’t have the official stats but it contains a lot of draws, screens, and short dump offs. I seriously doubt we’ve even attempted a pass beyond the sticks in that situation. That’s why we’re 0 for 27, we give up and don’t even try. That’s also why teams sell out on 2nd and 10 for the run. It’s a guaranteed punt if they stuff it and Gase almost always happily obliges by running right into the blitz.

You say this is only a year and a half but he did the same thing last year. People remember 10-6 but they forget about all of the slow starts and playing down to our competition. We needed miracles to beat the niners, Chargers, and the rams. All teams we should’ve handled easily if we were truly a well coached and prepared team. We also were near the bottom of the league in yards on scoring. So again I ask you what has Gase done that us any different than Sporano? Both took advantage of a cup cake schedule and were exposed in the playoffs. Then they both regressed and serious red flags shot up. So how is this situation any different? Sorry but Gase has done nothing to validate his trumped up status and the likelihood the light going on and him completely changing into an adaptive and creative coach who motivates and makes his players better is slim to none.

I'll get back to that tomorrow brother. We'll discuss more. Leaving work lol You have a great night brother. I'm not done lol haha I'll ttyt. PHINS UP!!

Reality is we our in worse shape than the Browns. They will at least clean house we are stuck with Gase. This team quit on him a long time ago and maybe with good reason. Losses are one thing embarrassment like last night, Baltimore, and London are another. They will not fire him. He is the worst coach we have ever had. Worst. Team has talent. There is no excuse for whats going on. If we had a decent coach this team is easily 6-3.

He's not the worst coach we ever had lol If so, we're pretty ****in great. Team does have talent but no QB. Tannehill was upset because of that reason. We've seen what happens when our team has talent and no QB throughout the years. Cutler literally gave them the game yesterday. So basically, everyone believes Gase has gotten worse as a coach and it has nothing to do with Jay Cutler sorry ass?

I’ve been saying this since he was interviewed, he hasn’t done anything great in the NFL. Everyone’s acting like Tannehill lit it up last year and cutler is the problem, well RT didn’t do that great either, especially when you look how pass happy the rules are now a days. Gase is overrated and we are stuck with this dumpster for another year.

I forgot the Dolphins played last night until halfway through today. Seriously. Thanks a lot, Dolphins. You did this to me.

hahahaha get outta here with that garbage! How come I, along with opposing defenses, know exactly whats coming majority of the time. Dont piss on me and tell me its rain!

He's a Tannehill fan so in this frustrating season there's somehow a need to post 3-4 times in each thread blaming everything on the quarterback.

It got old a long time ago.

The quarterbacking has been lousy but I don't understand how poor offensive line play is a career long crutch for Tannehill but with other quarterbacks the topic is set aside.

Oh yeah...adjustment

They were not great. Run blocking was marginal. But considering the quality of competition and the fact that Cutler can't throw deep and everyone knows it, I thought they acquitted themselves very well tonight. I actually look forward to seeing how Davis and Larsen play out the season.
Thanks! Yeah, I'm looking forward to that as well.

Gase will get next season with a healthy Tannehill to right the ship. Beyond that, it'll depend on how we look in 2018.
If Gase brings Cutler back as Tannehill’s backup next season....the minute Tannehill goes on IR behind this O-line, Gase needs fired.

Back
Top Bottom