Gase is done | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase is done

hahahaha get outta here with that garbage! How come I, along with opposing defenses, know exactly whats coming majority of the time. Dont piss on me and tell me its rain!

probably because they don't...they didn't on Monday night...they knew or kuechly knew one toss sweep run was coming by formation...and they knew one 4th and short inside rpo was coming as in where the poa would be...although that was blown up by penetration more than anything else...Miami doesn't run a very complex running scheme this isn't the buffalo bills

we could have scored 30 plus points on that team had the qb just executed the damn play calls...cutler left a ton of points on the board with crap throws and errant balls

this is a qb problem more than it anything else...but it's not like matt moore could have run all that empty looks stuff and not screwed it up pre snap

Last edited:
He's a Tannehill fan so in this frustrating season there's somehow a need to post 3-4 times in each thread blaming everything on the quarterback.

It got old a long time ago.

The quarterbacking has been lousy but I don't understand how poor offensive line play is a career long crutch for Tannehill but with other quarterbacks the topic is set aside.

Oh yeah...adjustment

probably because tannehills back foot couldn't even set

hahahaha get outta here with that garbage! How come I, along with opposing defenses, know exactly whats coming majority of the time. Dont piss on me and tell me its rain!

Watch the Monday night game again. Watch the All-22 if you have the subscription.

Guys were running country mile open out there and it was basically a coin flip as to whether or not Cutler could get them the ball. There were plays to be made, they simply weren't being made consistently.

If that's how the #1 defense in the NFL covers guys when they know what's coming, then boy, I have a thing or two to learn about football.

Watching Eagles every week I am so ready to take a chance on Jim Schwartz. We have had several "offensive" gurus which resulted in crap offenses so lets just grab a legit OC.
Schwartz's style is much needed here
I'm sure you meant DC since Schwartz is a DC.

Watch the Monday night game again. Watch the All-22 if you have the subscription.

Guys were running country mile open out there and it was basically a coin flip as to whether or not Cutler could get them the ball. There were plays to be made, they simply weren't being made consistently.

If that's how the #1 defense in the NFL covers guys when they know what's coming, then boy, I have a thing or two to learn about football.
I mentioned this yesterday. Guys were running open, more open than I had seen in a long time, but the QB couldn't get them the ball. He also almost got Landry killed...led him right into the safety. That collision happened right in front of me. We would definitely be doing better with Tannehill at QB but that doesn't take away from the fact that the O-line has been awful (which is a bigger detriment to Cutler than it was to Tannehill cause Tannehill can throw much better on the run), we can't run the ball consistently and we have to dumb down an offense for a team in it's second year running the offense. There are a lot of issues with the QB, at this point, not being the major one.

I endorsed the Cutler signing, and I feel like a ****ing moron. A straight up moron.

He is so washed up it's not even funny. He's got Kenny Stills running free on a 10 yard crosser, with green grass in front of him and in a perfectly acceptable pocket Cutler gets happy feet and starts shifting around into the pressure and then lofts air mail that sails into the ground. ****ing awful. That's a Blake Bortles or Brock Osweiler throw.

Julius Thomas streaking wide open on the sideline against some 36 year old guy who was dying on the field, the ball lands OUT OF BOUNDS. Not even close. Andy Dalton throw.

He's Blake Bortles with better coverage reads, that's it. I am still laughing at the dumbass Monday Night crew talking about Miami's tough decision coming up on Jay Cutler. What tough decision? The receivers have deserved blame at times for dropping passes or CLEARLY misreading coverages and breaking their routes the wrong way, but come on man. I saw the best constructed pass offense I've seen in a long ass time from the Dolphins Monday night, but the quarterback can only hit the broad side of a barn at ten yards. And even then, it's not always the case.

The OL play was no worse than it was after the dredlocked turnstile twins got cut. If anything, the pass protection was better on Monday night since the backs actually picked up their god damn blitzers.

No amount of weaselly, passive-aggressive drive-by sniping is going to change any of this. Hoops was right about Cutler and I was wrong, and it was on full display Monday night.

We're going undefeated from here on out.

giphy.gif

The players are well aware of the overall impact that has and they have finally reached their boiling points (honestly dont blame them)
You don't blame the players for quitting? The heck I do. All of them. There's just no excuse for quitting. I'm not quitting my job either just cause some co-worker is not doing his job properly.

People remember 10-6 but they forget about all of the slow starts and playing down to our competition.
I sure don't.

You say this is only a year and a half but he did the same thing last year. People remember 10-6 but they forget about all of the slow starts and playing down to our competition. We needed miracles to beat the niners, Chargers, and the rams. All teams we should’ve handled easily if we were truly a well coached and prepared team. We also were near the bottom of the league in yards on scoring. So again I ask you what has Gase done that us any different than Sporano? Both took advantage of a cup cake schedule and were exposed in the playoffs. Then they both regressed and serious red flags shot up. So how is this situation any different? Sorry but Gase has done nothing to validate his trumped up status and the likelihood the light going on and him completely changing into an adaptive and creative coach who motivates and makes his players better is slim to none.
That's it in a nutshell. Well said.

I gotta head out, but I'll troll Twitter later and see if I can find any gifs/vids of what I'm talking about. There's got to be at least one fan on social media posting clips of this ****.

you can say what you want about o line play but we don't have guys just getting run by clean untouched 1 on 1 or worse completely run over in a direct line to the qb like we used to very often...

minus the one whiff jesse davis vs peppers play where cutler got smashed...but sometimes that happens and its part of football and playing qb...you gonna take some hits...you also can't bail directly backwards on deep drops and expect your tackles to be able to run guys by the ball when you completely blow off your drop point...

anyways my honest assessment thru 9 games is I have yet to see a game where the oline play was a bigger factor than the qb play in the grand scheme of things end result...not one

tannehill would have provided he had cutler time vs the panthers carved that stuff up...that much I know...would he take a few more sacks getting a little lazy with his power step climb of the pocket at the end of his drop vs wide pressure yes he would no argument but those damn throws that cutler missed on repeat tannehill would have drilled

Broke ribs are no joke. His "happy feet" and experience behind this O-Line is ingrained by now. Get the snap, look and bail. Cutler sleeps in the fetal position at night.

Back
Top Bottom