Gase is done | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase is done

What's it going to take to give up on a Gase.

Ya those people giving Gase a bye due to Tannehill going down are clearly in denial. He showed these Same concerns last year and was bailed out by the easy schedule and getting every bounce. Now we can see he cannot scheme nor make his players better like the qb whisperer he supposedly was. He green lights the trafpding of our best player leading to players openly questioning the team's direction. Now the players will turn on him and he'll be a lame duck next year like Philbin and sporano were in their last years. Why waste another season?? Why not call it what it is and move on?

Denial about what? We lost the 12th best passer before even playing a game. That's a clear disadvantage considering it's the most important position on the field and he was pretty damn good. What's it going to take to give up on Gase? Well, he does have a 4-5 record which in that case the Dolphins, Jets, Raiders, Chargers, Broncos, Texans, Colts, Redskins, Giants, Cards, 49ers, Bears, and Bucs should all fire their coach. Bills, Cowboys, Lions, Packers and Falcons have a game better record at 5-4. One game and they should be fired as well if we're going by this season's records as to why Gase should be fired. The difference is you give those teams Jay Cutler and see how they fare. The players are well aware of the overall impact that has and they have finally reached their boiling points (honestly dont blame them). Cutler isn't a threat to run (hurts the RB too), can't complete a deep ball unless it's lucky (scared to even attempt one), and he isn't a true Miami Dolphin (Tannehill actually cares which is huge obviously). Tannehill took beatings year in and year out to finally have a talented team. He even said it after he tore his knee on the training table. Almost everyone was pissed at Gase about the Ajayi move and look at the outcome as of now. We felt Drake who runs hard, is a reliable blocker, a speed demon, can catch the ball, a big play waiting to happen was a better RB for the system. So far, In two games started, Drake is averaging 9.4 ypc. Did Gase make the right move? I think Gase is doing as good as a job possible considering everything that's went on (on and off the field). I guess I'm in denial because I do give Gase a pass due to losing Tannehill, leading Int Lippett, and our starting MLB. I could maybe understand if we were 1-8 but 4-5 should never get a 2nd year coach fired especially one who doesn't have his starting QB. Maybe people just didn't realize what an asset Tannehill really is. On Cutler's moronic int, he had Stills streaking down the middle of the field with only a safety to beat yet throws to the best MLB in the NFL right before half. That's fully on Cutler and a game changing play. The players won't turn on him lol I bet next year at this time everyone will be on the Gase bandwagon again. Keep the faith and remember these aren't the "real" Dolphins. I think next year many will not only look at Tannehill's value differently but also remember how horrid the offense was with Jay Cutler. 7 games and we no longer have to deal with his abysmal play again!!! PHINS UP Brother!!!

Gase really reminds me of Josh McDaniels when he was in Denver. A young hothead egomaniac coach who thought he had all the answers and began trading away players that he couldn’t get along with. He was fired after two years because his team quit on him. Same thing will happen to overrated Gase.

Denial about what? We lost the 12th best passer before even playing a game. That's a clear disadvantage considering it's the most important position on the field and he was pretty damn good. What's it going to take to give up on Gase? Well, he does have a 4-5 record which in that case the Dolphins, Jets, Raiders, Chargers, Broncos, Texans, Colts, Redskins, Giants, Cards, 49ers, Bears, and Bucs should all fire their coach. Bills, Cowboys, Lions, Packers and Falcons have a game better record at 5-4. One game and they should be fired as well if we're going by this season's records as to why Gase should be fired. The difference is you give those teams Jay Cutler and see how they fare. The players are well aware of the overall impact that has and they have finally reached their boiling points (honestly dont blame them). Cutler isn't a threat to run (hurts the RB too), can't complete a deep ball unless it's lucky (scared to even attempt one), and he isn't a true Miami Dolphin (Tannehill actually cares which is huge obviously). Tannehill took beatings year in and year out to finally have a talented team. He even said it after he tore his knee on the training table. Almost everyone was pissed at Gase about the Ajayi move and look at the outcome as of now. We felt Drake who runs hard, is a reliable blocker, a speed demon, can catch the ball, a big play waiting to happen was a better RB for the system. So far, In two games started, Drake is averaging 9.4 ypc. Did Gase make the right move? I think Gase is doing as good as a job possible considering everything that's went on (on and off the field). I guess I'm in denial because I do give Gase a pass due to losing Tannehill, leading Int Lippett, and our starting MLB. I could maybe understand if we were 1-8 but 4-5 should never get a 2nd year coach fired especially one who doesn't have his starting QB. Maybe people just didn't realize what an asset Tannehill really is. On Cutler's moronic int, he had Stills streaking down the middle of the field with only a safety to beat yet throws to the best MLB in the NFL right before half. That's fully on Cutler and a game changing play. The players won't turn on him lol I bet next year at this time everyone will be on the Gase bandwagon again. Keep the faith and remember these aren't the "real" Dolphins. I think next year many will not only look at Tannehill's value differently but also remember how horrid the offense was with Jay Cutler. 7 games and we no longer have to deal with his abysmal play again!!! PHINS UP Brother!!!
Drake sucks.

Denial about what? We lost the 12th best passer before even playing a game!

exactly, look at what happened to the Packers after Rodgers broke his collarbone. they don't even look like same team with Hundley at QB. if you lose your starting QB your season is done, regardless of who you are...that is just the way it is in the NFL in 2017.

exactly, look at what happened to the Packers after Rodgers broke his collarbone. they don't even look like same team with Hundley at QB. if you lose your starting QB your season is done, regardless of who you are...that is just the way it is in the NFL in 2017.

But the Packers haven't been blown out like the Dolphins have this year. There is no excuse in getting blown out the way the Dolphins have in the Panthers and Ravens games. That's the biggest difference.

Gase is DONE with this team. He'll muddle through another two years of mediocrity and excuses but, eventually he'll get canned. He just wasn't ready to be HC. He doesn't command the respect that he thinks he deserves. When Tannehill returns he'll be hobbled by no Ajayi and likely no Landry. Ajayi was a huge part of why we made the play-offs last season and Landry was Tannehill's favorite target. Gase lost the locker room months ago and, throwing the players under the bus only made matters worse. When Tannehill comes back and is seen as Gase's buddy then, he'll lose the locker room too. Ross will eventually see it also.

We weren't mediocre last year lol What excuses? His players don't study their playbooks? Are we really taking the players side on that one? Looks like he made the right choice with Drake over Ajayi so far anyways..16 carries 151 yds with 9.4 ypc. Why would he lose the locker room if he and Tannehill are buddy's? A lot of head coaches are friends with their QBs. It's actually rather healthy than the other way around. We're 4-5 lol Did anyone truly think we wouldn't be a worse team without the 12th best passer? You're assuming we won't have Landry but at the very least we can franchise him although I think a deal gets done. I get it. There's a lot of pissed off people including myself. After last night, I just laughed for me thinking Cutler was even in the same ballpark as Ryan. We don't see all of the open receivers Cutler continues to miss, or the fact he is too scared to risk his body to get the first down. Gase is doing the best with what he has. He gave every Moore fan what they wanted and 40-0 later, he looks right. If we got rid of Gase, there would be 5-7 teams lined up to get a shot. Is it Gase's fault we are 1-30 or something insane on 3rd downs and 11+yds? When we went to the playoffs last year, it was all Ajayi and Landry but nothing to do with Gase? But when we are 4-5 without our QB, it's the Head Coaches fault? At least reward him for winning if you're going to put him down for not winning. And we're still only a game out of the playoffs lol Keep the faith brother!! PHINS UP!!

Yup!! It's the prime position especially in today's game. The sad part is at least Hundley will risk his body for a first down and has some will to win. Cutler just goes through his steps and if he throws a pick..Oh well, I made $10 mil lol We don't look like the same team at all. Does anyone actually believe we would have even close to the league's worst offense with Tannehill? I'm glad you're willing to accept what happened and as annoyed as you and I are, we know this isn't who we really are. We'll be fine brother..7 games and we can pretend that Jay Cutler never wore a Fins Uni. Cannot Wait!!! PHINS UP!!

Gase is DONE with this team. He'll muddle through another two years of mediocrity and excuses but, eventually he'll get canned. He just wasn't ready to be HC. He doesn't command the respect that he thinks he deserves. When Tannehill returns he'll be hobbled by no Ajayi and likely no Landry. Ajayi was a huge part of why we made the play-offs last season and Landry was Tannehill's favorite target. Gase lost the locker room months ago and, throwing the players under the bus only made matters worse. When Tannehill comes back and is seen as Gase's buddy then, he'll lose the locker room too. Ross will eventually see it also.

I fear you're right and I wish the Dolphins would get a new proven/experienced GM and hand him the keys to the kingdom to remake the Dolphins as he sees fit.

Scouts, coaches, players, everything.

I honestly am impressed with the optimism and patience but I’ve seen this show before. No I’m not talking about Philbin or soprano, though there are distinct similarities. I’m talking about Gase himself. The 10-6 is a mirage, so is the 4-5. You can’t make a living with slow starts and a predictable scheme/game plan. You need every bounce and a cupcake schedule only to be bounced from the playoffs by the real deal. No team can have continued success with Gase’s victory pattern, Keep games close and win them in the end. League wide statistics prove that one score victory margins are an unsustainable trend. Furthermore with the conservative dink and dunk offense, we have absolutely zero chance of consistently getting ahead of our opponent. Again we’d need every bounce and near perfect execution.

Next we have cutler and you’re right, no other team would have success with him either. However that’s just it, only one team, or more likely only one guy wanted him: Adam Gase. Gase is the reason Cutler is here. (This proves that Gase has some say on personnel moves so it’s not all on Tannenbaum, who needs to go too.)
Gase is the reason the team may or may not be fractured by a outside merc with a sad past being brought in to lead the team. This is possibly a big reason that the players are quitting. Can I prove it??? Well Go watch yesterday’s game tape and see for yourself. Or wait until next week or the following weeks if you really need further proof? So I ask again, what will it take??? More shutouts?? A 4-12 record? More blowouts? Another season of sub-mediocre offense and excuses? All are likely with the disaster Gase has made with this team.

the guys is without his starting qb, he will get another year

I disagree for one reason: he went and hand selected his successor with whom he had previously elevated to the highest point in said player's career.

Cutler is not a typical replacement QB. This guy was one of the biggest reason's Gase was revered. And now, he doesn't allow this guy use his best weapon (big arm)? In fact, he neuters him?

Sorry, I'm a huge RT fan and have defended him as such. And I believe he is a great QB.

But allowing Gase to use Cutler as an excuse for failure AND as the reason he was great all in the same sentence isn't cutting it with me.

Had he kept Moore as his starter and brought in a backup QB I would have given him a mulligan.

Pursuing and getting Cutler as a starter stripped him of any excuses. You don't pay $10M to a replacement QB to lose.

Furthermore, paying Cutler was a $20M decision. $10M spent this year and $10M cap savings deducted from next year. That's a $20M (net) decision.

There’s nothing wrong with the play calling. We had guys open all night the damn qb couldn’t hit the back side of a barn

The 4th and short fail was a rpo qb chose the inside hand off.

Int qb stares down the corner route from the tight end mike lb just reads his eyes and continues to flow underneath of it no head and eyes in center of the field in drop

hahahaha get outta here with that garbage! How come I, along with opposing defenses, know exactly whats coming majority of the time. Dont piss on me and tell me its rain!

Football Outsiders now has us ranked 32nd in overall team efficiency...

Watching Eagles every week I am so ready to take a chance on Jim Schwartz. We have had several "offensive" gurus which resulted in crap offenses so lets just grab a legit OC.
Schwartz's style is much needed here

carson wentz

I honestly am impressed with the optimism and patience but I’ve seen this show before. No I’m not talking about Philbin or soprano, though there are distinct similarities. I’m talking about Gase himself. The 10-6 is a mirage, so is the 4-5. You can’t make a living with slow starts and a predictable scheme/game plan. You need every bounce and a cupcake schedule only to be bounced from the playoffs by the real deal. No team can have continued success with Gase’s victory pattern, Keep games close and win them in the end. League wide statistics prove that one score victory margins are an unsustainable trend. Furthermore with the conservative dink and dunk offense, we have absolutely zero chance of consistently getting ahead of our opponent. Again we’d need every bounce and near perfect execution.

Next we have cutler and you’re right, no other team would have success with him either. However that’s just it, only one team, or more likely only one guy wanted him: Adam Gase. Gase is the reason Cutler is here. (This proves that Gase has some say on personnel moves so it’s not all on Tannenbaum, who needs to go too.)
Gase is the reason the team may or may not be fractured by a outside merc with a sad past being brought in to lead the team. This is possibly a big reason that the players are quitting. Can I prove it??? Well Go watch yesterday’s game tape and see for yourself. Or wait until next week or the following weeks if you really need further proof? So I ask again, what will it take??? More shutouts?? A 4-12 record? More blowouts? Another season of sub-mediocre offense and excuses? All are likely with the disaster Gase has made with this team.

In fairness to Gase, he picked the one QB whom he coached before and actually had some success with. I'm sure he was freaking out trying to salvage the season and he tried. I can't get on him for trying and the idiot QB ended up playing like he didn't care. He was put in about as bad a situation as possible with his starting QB going down in training camp. I believe Gase def has say on the players. He has to. It wouldn't make sense not to. Oh, I totally agree they quit. It seemed to me like they quit after Cutler decided to forego throwing a bomb to Stills with only a safety that was stride for stride with him and decides to throw to Kuechly with 40 secs left. What will it take for Gase to be fired? I would hope more than a playoff berth and a 4-5 team one spot behind the wildcard 6th seed. I think and hope the players are smart enough to understand the season was going to be different without Tannehill. I still think it's too early to call for the guys head. I don't even think it's close. Yes, if we went 4-12 we can have that convo. To me, shutouts and bad offensive play blame directly goes to the QB. We do it to Tannehill when he has a bad game. The difference is Cutler is a bad game in general. We were 0 for 27 on passes 3rd down and 11+yds to go. How can that be on Gase and not Cutler? Cutler can't throw an out route without floating it. The talent level is just night and day between the two. I don't believe losing a (top 12) starting QB in the NFL can easily be replaced or is a reason to blame Gase. He's been the coach for a season and a half lol Has he really been that bad? Everyone is entitled to their opinion but why don't we give Gase a chance to build the roster and if he fails..Let's talk about firing him. A year and a half just isn't enough time especially when he has a winning record combined (14-11). I think a big problem is we think there's some savior out there that could have salvaged this season but more than likely that's not the case. I'd like to give Gase some time to mess up before we say you're fired. It's hard for me to say someone should be fired unless they really sucked. I'm as poor a sport and am just annoyed as everyone but I truly don't think starting over after we just did is the way to go. Hopefully everything works out. Time will tell. PHINS UP!!

I disagree for one reason: he went and hand selected his successor with whom he had previously elevated to the highest point in said player's career.

Cutler is not a typical replacement QB. This guy was one of the biggest reason's Gase was revered. And now, he doesn't allow this guy use his best weapon (big arm)? In fact, he neuters him?

Sorry, I'm a huge RT fan and have defended him as such. And I believe he is a great QB.

But allowing Gase to use Cutler as an excuse for failure AND as the reason he was great all in the same sentence isn't cutting it with me.

Had he kept Moore as his starter and brought in a backup QB I would have given him a mulligan.

Pursuing and getting Cutler as a starter stripped him of any excuses. You don't pay $10M to a replacement QB to lose.

Furthermore, paying Cutler was a $20M decision. $10M spent this year and $10M cap savings deducted from next year. That's a $20M (net) decision.

I think Cutler's big arm is either gone or he's too afraid to throw the deep ball. Gase has never used Cutler as an excuse but come on (he should) lol You don't think Cutler has been a failure? Had we used Moore, I bet we would have a worse record and people would say why the **** didn't we pick up someone!!! Gase calls deep routes.. It's terrible execution that we're seeing. What Cutler can't do, Tannehill can. Not scrambling for easy first downs is a huge liability we haven't had since before Tannehill became Qb. I find it tough to blame Gase when he's had prior success with Cutler. He was wrong but you can't slight him for trying to pick the one guy who knows the system so we could win. He was trying to salvage the season like most of us would do too. I guess in hindsight if we're gonna suck we should have just used Moore yes. That's easy to say now. I thought Cutler was better than horrific (Damn I was wrong!!) and Matt Moore was never the answer as we seen quickly. I'm a huge Tannehill supporter as well and I think this season proves to many naysayers his true value. If we want to put the Cutler blame on Gase that's fine. It's just hard in hindsight for me to blame Gase. If we play like this with Tannehill, I will come on here and admit I was wrong and that Gase sucks. 14-11 is just not enough by a longshot to fire someone. We must have some high as **** expectations for a coach who has only been ours for a year and a half. In 2017 the NFL is all about QBs. Losing such a talented one is not an excuse but a real reason for us slacking. I don't see how it's not. I was overly optimistic about Cutler and I ate crow. Like I said, I'll do it again if Gase is as bad as some are making him sound. So, fire Gase (14-11 record) because he chose a QB he's familiar with that happened to not give a ****? We'll be alright...PHINS UP Brother!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom