Gase Should Be Fired Now. Change My Mind. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase Should Be Fired Now. Change My Mind.

I don't think he needs to be fired. He needs to be forced at the detriment of his job to give up play calling. He's got the right attitude (doesn't care what anyone thinks/ego/football smarts for spotting talent) for being a HC....but the play calling just has to be given up.

oh....and he has to get rid of Burke. If he isn't willing to do those things I would can him today!

I was a Gase supported, but I have changed my mind. I gave him the benefit of the doubt, going 10-6 his first year leading us to the playoffs. Even last year, losing Tannehill and having to go through an entire season with Cutler. This year we are dealing with a ton of injuries, but every team has too, and we just don't respond. His entire offensive mentality is just plain offensive. His goal is to keep the game close and than try to win it in the fourth quarter. What the hell kind of thinking is that? That only works if you have a great defense or maybe even an average defense....we have neither. Our defense sucks and everyone knows it except for Gase.

This day and age you need to be aggressive and not play with your tail between your legs. Your mentality is to try and blow the team out not keep it close. This isn't rocket science.

I think Gase could be successful if he had a better QB. I don't necessarily like him but a lot of that is due to awful gameday play calling. Only Gase knows if he's calling things that way because of certain limitations with players/talent or not. Not sure if the problem is offensive design or gameday calls, or both, but either way, he needs to remove himself from that responsibility.

The defense would improve tremendously with a well-respected/experienced DC.

I don't think blowing things up every few years helps. There are many coaches in the league that seemed pretty pedestrian until their franchise QBs blossomed, and then suddenly they're well-respected and their teams are perennial SB contenders.

In other words, I'm more worried about the QB position than whether Gase stays or goes.

imo its much more important to get rid of Tbaum and Grier. We have had a pathetic roster of talent and no depth for a decade now. FA is continually a disaster of decisions, and the drafts have been as bad or worse.

Gase has made some questionable calls, but he's working with a bottom tier roster of backups. Even at the start of the year healthy we had an avg roster at best, with an avg QB. Now he's coaching a bunch of scrubs on the oline and a pretty bad receiving core, which is the only excuse I can come up with for him running on 3rd down (still a terrible decision regardless).

I would bring in a new VP and let him pick the GM and decide if he wants to keep Gase or not. I don't see many potentially better coaches than Gase being available, and I doubt Ross will want to get rid of him either.

1. Gase got luck yr one.
2. yr 2 he did some good thing and bad. losing record.
3. will be losing record. his main problems is qb and he is terrible at getting good qb. or backup and starter qb.
4. if he come back same result.
bottom line Adam need superstar qb make him look good.

We are in year 3 of the Adam Gase regime and I still don't understand what the philosophy of this team is.
We are not a physical team that wins in the trenches and grinds out games.
Offensive is not explosive and rarely plays with the lead.
Defense can't stop giving up big plays. They also can't protect the leads when we do have them in fourth quarters.
Play calling and time management is deplorable and we are frequently out coached in crucial situations.
What's the end game, where is the vision? Why are there not more pieces in place?
More questions than answers with this team, not good!

Gase will get all of 2019. If he doesn't make the playoffs he's gone imo. Of course we have Ross for an owner so a 10 year extension for Gase isn't out of the question

We are in year 3 of the Adam Gase regime and I still don't understand what the philosophy of this team is.
We are not a physical team that wins in the trenches and grinds out games.
Offensive is not explosive and rarely plays with the lead.
Defense can't stop giving up big plays. They also can't protect the leads when we do have them in fourth quarters.
Play calling and time management is deplorable and we are frequently out coached in crucial situations.
What's the end game, where is the vision? Why are there not more pieces in place?
More questions than answers with this team, not good!

Exactly.

How about "Everyone thought we were going to lose by 30 points in Indy and didn't."

He's not Marv Lewis or Hue Jackson, give Gase a shot.

How about "Everyone thought we were going to lose by 30 points in Indy and didn't."

He's not Marv Lewis or Hue Jackson, give Gase a shot.

Guilty as charged. I guess I should be happy we blew a 10 point lead instead of getting blown out as I predicted. Tough being a Dolphins fan.

To make matters worse I had this gut feeling Saturday morning that I should bet on Ohio State and the Dolphins to cover and I chickened out.

Guilty as charged. I guess I should be happy we blew a 10 point lead instead of getting blown out as I predicted. Tough being a Dolphins fan.

It sure is, because unless we are in NE or Baltimore it seems, we always seem to be in the game and have a chance to win. Frustrating.

What does Gase do well? I mean, is he outstanding at anything? I sure can’t think of anything.

Back
Top Bottom