Gase Year 3 vs Flores Year 3 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase Year 3 vs Flores Year 3

Here are the list of starters of the 2018 team. Not included on that list is Kenyan Drake and Mike Gesicki, who were not listed as starters to begin the season. Who put a more talented roster together? Gase was 7-9. Will Flores record be better this year? What has Flores accomplished that makes this team better than that one?
View attachment 86634
Dang. In hindsight that gase team was more talented. We might win 2 more games this year and thats against the jets

I think Tua is better than Tannehill but he doesn’t have the best RB in the league to hand the ball to or the OL that Tannehill has with the Titans.

Put Tannehill on this Dolphin team and Tua on the Titans and everyone would be saying Tua’s the better QB.
Tua might get there one day but no way is he better than tannehill

Yes but I was comparing the 2018 team to this team so it's comparing a veteran Tannehill to a 2nd year Tua.
Then I will give you that, but I still as a HC like Flores in finding a way to get things done more then Gase.

By 2018 Gase had lost the players for the most part, so coaching that year for him was twice as tough.

Gase was good his first yr..after that he suck..he didnt know how talk to players. He fail because lack communication skill..same w jets..flores maybe having bad season for most he could be good coach but that offense suck right now.if u cant score 21 or more point every week u going lose lot ball games. Tua or brisset ain't good enough help him..

I think Tua is better than Tannehill but he doesn’t have the best RB in the league to hand the ball to or the OL that Tannehill has with the Titans.

Put Tannehill on this Dolphin team and Tua on the Titans and everyone would be saying Tua’s the better QB.
I'll bite.

Put Tua on the Dolphins Team that Tannehill had to play on, Tua wouldn't last 6 games and the 6 games he would play before he finished out the year on IR he would have mostly lost. Tannehill did remarkably well when you factor in the beating he took....

That Titans offensive line is putrid. What work's in Tannehill's favor is that it's hard whatever the defense is focusing on the Titans' skill players are able to counter.

This isn't really a great comparison because Gase didn't really entirely overturn the roster. He inherited an average but flawed roster from Philbin and added pieces in a "win now" mindset with Tannehill.

From day 1 though during this regime we rebooted.

This isn't really a great comparison because Gase didn't really entirely overturn the roster. He inherited an average but flawed roster from Philbin and added pieces in a "win now" mindset with Tannehill.

From day 1 though during this regime we rebooted.
And that was a choice by each leader. I assume they both had say in personnel matters. Gase kept players. Flores jettisoned them.

For references sake, the 2015 team just before Gase. They went 6-10 with Philbin and Campbell (Dan got 5 of those 6 wins)
Screenshot_20211006-180554_Samsung Internet.jpg

And that was a choice by each leader. I assume they both had say in personnel matters. Gase kept players. Flores jettisoned them.

Right, but that means comparing the rosters after a minimal set number of years favors Gase.

I'm not necessarily saying Flores ends up better, im just saying its a flawed method to compare both.

Henry is a great running back, but until Tannehill started a QB his playing was limited, inconsistent and not as good as after Tannehill went under center.

When you have to misrepresent the history of a team to make your point, you don't have a point to be made!

Back
Top Bottom