Gase's Stubbornes Will Kill This Team. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase's Stubbornes Will Kill This Team.

xSxPxHx

Scout Team
Club Member
Reaction score
Good article on Gase horrible play calling.

https://phinphanatic.com/2018/09/30/miami-dolphins-week-four-post-game-recap-good-bad-ugly/

Running Game: I don’t blame Frank Gore or Kenyon Drake. What are they supposed to do with a coach that abandons the running game quicker than Saban did to Miami. If the Dolphins can’t get the running game implemented into the game plan they won’t be competing in many games this season.

Adam Gase (the only recipient): Gase is quickly losing his welcome in Miami. He will retain his job through this year and next independent on how this team performs. His offensive game plans are so bad that it’s alarming how slowly the offense starts. He had four possessions in the first half where he called a first down play with an empty backfield and in shotgun. If you really want a bad defense to put in 7 DBs and let the edge rushers not worry about a run, keep doing that.

I’m not saying I am smarter than Adam or have a better idea of what game planning should be. I’m just noticing two things: 1. First downs in empty backfields rarely lead to good things. 2. Horizontal passes on 3rd and long are a major component on why his 3rd down conversion rate is bad. This leads to his scripted game plan being the worst in the NFL and why Miami is ALWAYS playing from behind.

The Patriots are a bad defense. They are a slow and average tackling team that has many way to exploit. Adam Gase did not exploit a single aspect of that defense and made it easy for them to stop Miami by merely putting in dime packages and giving Ryan nowhere to go

I don't understand why he's not committed to the running game. The absolute best Ryan Tannehill has ever played is with a running game. He's not Rodgers, Rape, Brees or Brady. He's not carrying the offense. But he looks very good when he plays complimentary football.

I'm going to be honest, I'm pretty concerned about something that Gase said today after the game. He said he was surprised that the Patriots 'out-physicaled' the Dolphins. What? How was this surprising for anyone who saw the first three games of the season? For anyone who saw the team in the pre-season?

Look at the roster you guys built. It's a finesse squad built for pillow fights. You are surprised that the home team that was desperate for a win pushed the Dolphins around all day? Coach, if you're going to build this team for pillow fights, you gotta coach it for pillow fights.

We will live or die by Adam Gase, he is stubborn and very much his own man, he made that crystal clear this last off season with the roster moves. That will either be the making of us or not. TBH I prefer that kind of single mindedness in a HC than the like of Philbin's dithering. He's 3-1 and as much as he should take a huge chink of the blame for today, he needs to be applauded for the 3 wins we already have which were in no small part down to the faith he's put in his players and his scheming to utilise their skill sets.

I'm still very much in his fan club and i believe losing him would be a big mistake for the franchise, today was not his best day, I'm hoping he can see what he needs to change to not let something like today happen again.

I'm going to be honest, I'm pretty concerned about something that Gase said today after the game. He said he was surprised that the Patriots 'out-physicaled' the Dolphins. What? How was this surprising for anyone who saw the first three games of the season? For anyone who saw the team in the pre-season?

Look at the roster you guys built. It's a finesse squad built for pillow fights. You are surprised that the home team that was desperate for a win pushed the Dolphins around all day? Coach, if you're going to build this team for pillow fights, you gotta coach it for pillow fights.
I guess you didn't see the Patriots' first three games. I'm not surprised the Patriots won, but they were anything but the epitome of physical in their first three games.

And keep them 4 QBs on the roster when we're shorthanded at other positions. Really dumb.

Now this is a great point, Fales should be cut tomorrow ffs, that one is pointless now, as it's clear Brock is the #2 guy, I could live with keeping the youngster to try to develop. One more roster spot would have helped us today though, having said all that, how many of those QB were active today ?

We will live or die by Adam Gase, he is stubborn and very much his own man, he made that crystal clear this last off season with the roster moves. That will either be the making of us or not. TBH I prefer that kind of single mindedness in a HC than the like of Philbin's dithering. He's 3-1 and as much as he should take a huge chink of the blame for today, he needs to be applauded for the 3 wins we already have which were in no small part down to the faith he's put in his players and his scheming to utilise their skill sets.

I'm still very much in his fan club and i believe losing him would be a big mistake for the franchise, today was not his best day, I'm hoping he can see what he needs to change to not let something like today happen again.

I think a majority of us are still "in his fan club" but just stating that he out coaches himself and is stubborn. Patriots decide to go with 7 DBs for most of the game and you don't make them pay with the running game? You're so stubborn to prove that you can pass against that?

Ridiculous...

I guess you didn't see the Patriots' first three games. I'm not surprised the Patriots won, but they were anything but the epitome of physical in their first three games.

Miami was completely 'out-physicaled' by the Jets and Raiders in the previous two games. For Gase to be surprised by something that is now happening on a weekly basis is a little bit ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom