Gase's Stubbornes Will Kill This Team. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase's Stubbornes Will Kill This Team.

True, but the remaining schedule looks a lot different than 2016. No struggling rams, 9ers, bills, Jets, Cards, and Chargers Gase’s record against good teams is atrocious

Sorry, I only deal with the present and we're currently 3-1.

But you're free to look at the future and tag your wins and losses.

Miami did try to run the football today. The Dolphins simply couldn't do it. And that's become a trend. Miami hasn't been able to line up and run the ball for three weeks now.

They can’t do it, because the team wasn’t built for such.

You aren’t gonna run the football well with Larsen, Kilgore and Jessie Davis as your interior. We should have invested resources into more talented interior offensive lineman. Just settling for 32 year Josh Sitton was foolish.

Gase believes he’s the smartest guy in the room, and thinks he can scheme the run game or replace the running game altogether with bubble screens. He’s wrong.

It’s a one dimensional attack, and the Pats sniffed it out early with the press coverage.

Miami did try to run the football today. The Dolphins simply couldn't do it. And that's become a trend. Miami hasn't been able to line up and run the ball for three weeks now.

Based on those 3 attempts? Lol! Gase is in good company i see.

Everyone on this site had been high on the hog although a few people had called Gase, Tannehill, Run game into question. The overarching response was, well we are winning so STFU.

Gase has a weird way of not taking losses and adjusting. He simply keeps... Doing the same thing.

Hopefully he changes that mindset, but I highly doubt it. We are going to face a few teams in the coming stretch that are going to take what BB did and ram it down our throats.

I'm a dolfan, but we are not a good team. All the weaknesses we knew about before were exasorbated today. If the next few teams don't run the same gameplan as the pats, I will be surprised. Simply because knowing Gase, he won't change a goddam thing.

I think a majority of us are still "in his fan club" but just stating that he out coaches himself and is stubborn. Patriots decide to go with 7 DBs for most of the game and you don't make them pay with the running game? You're so stubborn to prove that you can pass against that?

Ridiculous...

Yep...and as I said in another post Gase is a moron because he seems to be one of those control freak type coaches who goes with his "process" whether it's working or not and fails to adapt it quickly on the fly. We all can see his "process" is not working at various stages of the game yet he continues to call conservative, safe crap or doesn't adapt to what the other team is presenting (as you say above - the 7 DB thing is a perfect example). We're neophytes as far as pro football is concerned and we can see it....I have to assume he has to too - he's either too arrogant or too proud to change his calling of plays...either way, if he refuses to adapt or admit failings in his coaching style then we're are doomed with him as coach.

Everyone on this site had been high on the hog although a few people had called Gase, Tannehill, Run game into question. The overarching response was, well we are winning so STFU.

Gase has a weird way of not taking losses and adjusting. He simply keeps... Doing the same thing.

Hopefully he changes that mindset, but I highly doubt it. We are going to face a few teams in the coming stretch that are going to take what BB did and ram it down our throats.

I'm a dolfan, but we are not a good team. All the weaknesses we knew about before were exasorbated today. If the next few teams don't run the same gameplan as the pats, I will be surprised. Simply because knowing Gase, he won't change a goddam thing.
That's what's going to get him fired

We will live or die by Adam Gase, he is stubborn and very much his own man, he made that crystal clear this last off season with the roster moves. That will either be the making of us or not. TBH I prefer that kind of single mindedness in a HC than the like of Philbin's dithering. He's 3-1 and as much as he should take a huge chink of the blame for today, he needs to be applauded for the 3 wins we already have which were in no small part down to the faith he's put in his players and his scheming to utilise their skill sets.

I'm still very much in his fan club and i believe losing him would be a big mistake for the franchise, today was not his best day, I'm hoping he can see what he needs to change to not let something like today happen again.

IMO his roster moves were that of a petulant egotist...I've said it numerous times before - you don't jettison talent because of personal feelings. As a coach (and a HC esp.) you have to be able to work with and channel players with attitude, who want the ball , who are pains in azz but who are an attribute to the team.

Gase's ego gets in the way and that's not a good thing. Another thing I mentioned, Gase either thinks he is or acts like he's a bad azz or a tough guy coach. Problem is, he hasn't obtained or deserved that rep yet (only apparently in his own mind). He didn't play in the NFL, he hasn't established himself over time as a coach who should be feared or even respected yet he seems to think he is another Shula or Belicheat. I think the players see through that and will do as he says as coach but probably seem him as a bit of a poser and deep down really don't respect him .

Great post! I can’t tell if it’s gase being to stubborn or incapable of making adjustments to physical teams. The bengals will look at this tape and see an easy blue print on beating the Dolphins. History has shown us that Gase will continue to pound that square peg into that round hole and hope for the best. Man do I hope he proves me wrong but there’s 2.25 years of tape that suggests he won’t and the bengals will stomp us like the pats just did.

25 pass attempts to 18 runs isn't abandoning the running game in a 38-7 blowout. Tannehill attempted 20 passes in close to 3 1/2 quarters of play. That's not a pass happy number.

I think it's when they run
2nd and 17
2nd and 10
2nd and 10
2nd and 22
1st and 20
2nd and 9
too depressed to look more

IMO his roster moves were that of a petulant egotist...I've said it numerous times before - you don't jettison talent because of personal feelings. As a coach (and a HC esp.) you have to be able to work with and channel players with attitude, who want the ball , who are pains in azz but who are an attribute to the team.

Gase's ego gets in the way and that's not a good thing. Another thing I mentioned, Gase either thinks he is or acts like he's a bad azz or a tough guy coach. Problem is, he hasn't obtained or deserved that rep yet (only apparently in his own mind). He didn't play in the NFL, he hasn't established himself over time as a coach who should be feared or even respected yet he seems to think he is another Shula or Belicheat. I think the players see through that and will do as he says as coach but probably seem him as a bit of a poser and deep down really don't respect him .

Absolutely a fair point.

I think it's when they run
2nd and 17
2nd and 10
2nd and 10
2nd and 22
1st and 20
2nd and 9
too depressed to look more

Yes! Gase does not have a feel for the game, at least not in the first half. He’s too predictable on certain downs and distances and we pay the price. We’d be better of having a Tannehill punt it on 2nd and 20 as everybody knows it is time for the run folllowed up by a wr screen, EVERY SINGLE TIME!

The game plan on both sides of the ball made no sense.

You have 2 really good running backs, but you don’t feature them. What happened to getting Drake and Gore matched up against their slow linebackers? Then when they adjust and go to dime, keep the same personnel and run it down their throats.

Our defensive scheme sucks. It’s not working. The whole scheme is predicated on getting teams into passing situations and playing with a lead. However, we’re never in that position. NO TEAM EVER IS!!! This is the NFL! The margins are usually small. Most teams are usually within a touchdown at any point during a game. The whole premise is flawed.

Back
Top Bottom