Gase's Stubbornes Will Kill This Team. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase's Stubbornes Will Kill This Team.

I predicted 4 wins this year before the season started. I think we end up with 5 or 6. I thought we were going to start out 1-3 with the possibility of being 2-2. I was surprised we won the Oakland game and I don't see too many more wins on our schedule as other teams are finding their groove (like Tenn). Last year most people were calling for Gase to hire a play caller and he refused.

I predicted 4 wins this year before the season started. I think we end up with 5 or 6. I thought we were going to start out 1-3 with the possibility of being 2-2. I was surprised we won the Oakland game and I don't see too many more wins on our schedule as other teams are finding their groove (like Tenn). Last year most people were calling for Gase to hire a play caller and he refused.
Yea your predictions aren't worth bragging about.

I have an issue with Gase calling out the players saying we got "out physicaled". While he's not wrong I thought the coaching staff was completely whipped and Gase should start there with his criticism. We had no answers, especially in his bread and butter, offensively for what NE was doing. Other teams have shown us how to take away Gronk and we didn't even follow suit. Miami didn't look prepared. Let's see how they react. The Bengals are GOING to score some points next week. The have been pretty much doing that every week. They've scored 34, 34, 21 and 37 points in 4 games this year. If we think we have a chance in Cincy with an offense that can't score points and put this game on the defense we could be in for a worse game than this past week.

we have run 84 total offensive plays the last 2 weeks, thats just awful, u aint gonna win many games running 40 plays per game

we have run 84 total offensive plays the last 2 weeks, thats just awful, u aint gonna win many games running 40 plays per game

Back to the tread title . . . stubbornness. Gase has a gameplan and, even if it's obviously not working after 1Q, he sticks with it. Take what the D gives you? No way, it's not in the gameplan. How long does it take at 40ppg for Gase to see a need to change?

Depressing. No other word necessary. Complete failure from top to bottom. Not even remotely competitive... Wow.

The simple realization is -- this franchise is still in the tank after all these years with Ross and Tbum mucking up the show. Anyone who expects any level of football brilliance from Gase at this point is delusional. But then again it's important to keep in mind WHO brought Gase into the mix -- the dual-headed clown act of Tbum and Ross.

Ross -- please unload the team and release the franchise from the horrible football karma you're created here. It's embarrassing! Go back to NY and stay there! I'd like to see Dan Marino put together a buying group and start building from the foundation up.

How do you see a team lining up 6 DBs on first and second down and 7 DBs on third down and not adjust IMMEDIATELY? RPO, drag routes, interior runs -- heck, move Tunsil to LG if you have to, in order to be able to interior run. PUNISH them for totally disrespecting interior runs and protection...

It's just mind boggling...

LD

I think it's when they run
2nd and 17
2nd and 10
2nd and 10
2nd and 22
1st and 20
2nd and 9
too depressed to look more

Great post. That was the point I was going to make. It's almost like running plays just to say we did it, to combat anyone who cites numbers alone. But they are almost give up runs.

If we ran with authority on first down it would not only lessen long yardage on late downs but it would open up play action and so many other options for Tannehill. I have no idea why we didn't use any of that boot action on first down, like earlier in the season. Tannehill is very effective on that type of stuff.

When the Dolphins are playing confidently on offense it features quick drops and decisive darts over the middle by Tannehill. There was very little of that on Sunday. Just one series in the third quarter when he hit two in quick succession. If we saw that type of attack mode all the time -- regardless of how the defense is playing us -- I can almost guarantee we would be more successful. Tannehill is not as effective when asked to stand back there and scan.

When the Dolphins are playing hesitantly and poor on offense it features slow developing pass plays and with multiple options well short of the first down marker. That basically describes the first 23 minutes of every game. I wish we would get rid of at least 50% of the sideways routes and at least 50% of the routes short of the marker. If those are available Tannehill is going to take them.

Also, Gesicki is looking more and more like the guy I saw so frequently at Penn State. Odd looking player who doesn't look the part out there and doesn't play to his test scores, other than the occasional wow play. We have yet to see a wow play but they will come. However, I have to believe Dallas Goedert was the superior choice. He has more of a traditional tight end frame and can make so many traditional tight end plays, ones we could really use right now. Goedert is nearly as athletic as Gesicki.

At least we got two division road games out of the way and didn't do too badly with a split. Gase's approach with the tentative early offense and so many underneath throws does not fit well against division foes, who will study your tendencies and personnel and not allow that cheap garbage to succeed.

I still have to laugh at all the criticism Bill Lazor got around here. Sons of Shula was somehow allowed to hypnotize and intimidate the gullible posters into believing Lazor was the worst offensive mind in the league. Meanwhile, Gase has been every bit as stubborn and inflexible as Lazor, but without as much creative spacing. The Bengals had fantastic variety of play calling and routes on that final game winning drive yesterday, including on multiple fourth down saves.

Again, Gase stubborn ego to much to handle players like Jordan Phillips? Can't coach players so release them? not sure whats going on but something smells fishy.

Again, Gase stubborn ego to much to handle players like Jordan Phillips? Can't coach players so release them? not sure whats going on but something smells fishy.

Nasty Dolphin?

:woot:

Back
Top Bottom