Gase's Stubbornes Will Kill This Team. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase's Stubbornes Will Kill This Team.

Miami did try to run the football today. The Dolphins simply couldn't do it. And that's become a trend. Miami hasn't been able to line up and run the ball for three weeks now.

Guarantee we run the football right up the middle on the very first whatever-and-20 we face next week. And we all know we'll have plenty of those, as this team is as undisciplined as an optimist football team.

We will live or die by Adam Gase, he is stubborn and very much his own man, he made that crystal clear this last off season with the roster moves. That will either be the making of us or not. TBH I prefer that kind of single mindedness in a HC than the like of Philbin's dithering. He's 3-1 and as much as he should take a huge chink of the blame for today, he needs to be applauded for the 3 wins we already have which were in no small part down to the faith he's put in his players and his scheming to utilise their skill sets.

I'm still very much in his fan club and i believe losing him would be a big mistake for the franchise, today was not his best day, I'm hoping he can see what he needs to change to not let something like today happen again.

What exactly in Gase’s past indicates that he will right this ship against the tough schedule we have coming up? He has a script that has been followed in almost every single game. Slow starts from predictable, overly conservative playcalling. Then we come alive late in the game against lesser opponents and win by 1 score. Decent opponents build a sufficient lead and we almost always lose those, often in spectacularly disgusting fashion like today.

Guarantee we run the football right up the middle on the very first whatever-and-20 we face next week. And we all know we'll have plenty of those, as this team is as undisciplined as an optimist football team.

That’s just one of his easily identifiable patterns.

I think a majority of us are still "in his fan club" but just stating that he out coaches himself and is stubborn. Patriots decide to go with 7 DBs for most of the game and you don't make them pay with the running game? You're so stubborn to prove that you can pass against that?

Ridiculous...

I think this may be one of the disadvantages of having a young HC, hopefully in time he'll learn when to stick with his principles and when he needs to bend a little and go down an alternate route.

A coach who doesn’t believe in running the football, and doesn’t have a Peyton Manning level qb to execute said philosophy is destined for mediocrity. The way he wants to play is simply not a sustainable recipe for success.

Frustrating, Especially when the opponent starts playing physical ball with your pass catches. Essentially forcing throws to be even more contested than usual.

Gase has to learn to let the game come to him and play with the numbers sometimes. If they're stacking the box then we throw. If they're stacking the secondary then we run.

Also, i don't believe in your running game gets stuffed on the first 5 carries so therefore lets abandon it for the reminder of the game. Guys like Gore and Drake will eventually start to break on some of those runs.

I think gase studies the other team for a half and then at halftime decides whether his game plan will work or not based on the first half. I’m just trying to figure out why he can’t solve the slow starts.

Back
Top Bottom