Gase's Stubbornes Will Kill This Team. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase's Stubbornes Will Kill This Team.

How is that a “good article”?
I’m not saying I totally disagree, but that’s a glorified blog post filled with conjecture.

For ex. - “1. First downs with empty backfields rarely lead to good things” - Cool,
So what does that lead to. We live in an error of hyper-focused statistical analysis. A good article would back each of the claims made up with actual evidence.

Sorry to wind up just critiquing the article, if this was an opinion posted by someone on here then that’s fine, but seeing drivel like this passed off as professional analysis drives me insane.
*edit* - I do appreciate the users here who have started to actually analyze these points on a factual level.

I think it's when they run
2nd and 17
2nd and 10
2nd and 10
2nd and 22
1st and 20
2nd and 9
too depressed to look more

Playcalling at it’s finist right there. That’s Gase guru level play calling lol! The bigger issue is that it’s not the first game that he has done it...it’s every game.

I've been complaining about Gase ever since he was hired and described his offensive philosophy. It's Joe Philbin all over again. Ross makes a bad choice for Head Coach and it doesn't take long for everyone to realize this, but Ross won't make a change for another few years. After numerous draft picks and Free Agents the o-line is still a problem. So, Miami has poor coaching and poor talent acquisition personnel. Ross needs to clean house completely, but he keeps refusing to do it.

I'm starting to think that Manning ignored most of what Gase was calling. Gase consistently outsmarts himself and goes for quantity instead of quality. I don't see any difference with Gase's play calling and Failbin's.

You should see a difference, Failbin never called plays.

I will say this, if early scores are indicative of you game planning than both Tony and Joe were better than Adam in that department. Neither could adjust for **** though.

I've been complaining about Gase ever since he was hired and described his offensive philosophy. It's Joe Philbin all over again. Ross makes a bad choice for Head Coach and it doesn't take long for everyone to realize this, but Ross won't make a change for another few years. After numerous draft picks and Free Agents the o-line is still a problem. So, Miami has poor coaching and poor talent acquisition personnel. Ross needs to clean house completely, but he keeps refusing to do it.

I didn't like the Gase hire from the get go. I just didn't think he was ever that good of an OC to warrant a head coaching job. That was Peyton Manning's offense in Denver and Gase sucked in Chicago. I would rather have Kyle Shanahan as the head coach. At least he knows how to call plays and made Beathard look like a decent QB yesterday. I agree that Ross does need to completely clean house. He has never done that since he has owned the team. But if the Dolphins miss the playoffs and Ross wants Gase back in 2019, I would demand that he brings someone else in to do the playcalling on offense and brings in a new DC for the defense.

Last edited:
Team game plans with Parker all week and he pulls up lame the day before. Forces a plan B, I figured the offense would struggle when I heard Parker was out, but not that bad. Injuries are starting to pile up on offense and there are still 12 games left. I said after the first two games 20 points of offense won't cut it later down the line. Up next is Cincy, 30 points will probably be needed to get a win.

I’m glad that I’m not the only person to see that it wasn’t Gase in Denver, all Manning. Manning probably told Gase to shut up and watch out its done lol.

I can’t imagine that Ross hasn’t heard how horrible Gase’s play calling is. Isn’t Marino setting in the box with Ross during games. I can’t imagine Marino with a few drinks being quiet. 2nd and long runs have to infuriate Marino. Throwing short on 3rd down would have to blow Marino’s top.

I’m thinking that Miami goes 6-10 or 7-9 this season. After a 3-0 start, people should be on the hot seat “Gase”. I’m tired of hearing the excuses that some fans come up with. Other teams have injuries and adapt to win “Philly”. Other teams have coaches that are able to adapt yet Gase is so stubborn that he sticks with the same losing plan.

Team game plans with Parker all week and he pulls up lame the day before. Forces a plan B, I figured the offense would struggle when I heard Parker was out, but not that bad. Injuries are starting to pile up on offense and there are still 12 games left. I said after the first two games 20 points of offense won't cut it later down the line. Up next is Cincy, 30 points will probably be needed to get a win.

I agree but I just don’t see how we can score 30 points without a bunch of takeaways or special teams scores. The Cinci game just looks unwinnable at the moment because some wounded teams rally and come out punching like the pats. Others lie in the fetal position calling for mercy. I’m afraid Gase is the latter.

I’m glad that I’m not the only person to see that it wasn’t Gase in Denver, all Manning. Manning probably told Gase to shut up and watch out its done lol.

I can’t imagine that Ross hasn’t heard how horrible Gase’s play calling is. Isn’t Marino setting in the box with Ross during games. I can’t imagine Marino with a few drinks being quiet. 2nd and long runs have to infuriate Marino. Throwing short on 3rd down would have to blow Marino’s top.

I’m thinking that Miami goes 6-10 or 7-9 this season. After a 3-0 start, people should be on the hot seat “Gase”. I’m tired of hearing the excuses that some fans come up with. Other teams have injuries and adapt to win “Philly”. Other teams have coaches that are able to adapt yet Gase is so stubborn that he sticks with the same losing plan.

I’ve seen teachers who are like Gase. They have one method that looks amazing when they have a stellar class filled with motivated and talented students. The next year they struggle when they have a more typical class. They keep going with that plan because it worked so well that one time and cannot figure out why things are so different.

I agree but I just don’t see how we can score 30 points without a bunch of takeaways or special teams scores. The Cinci game just looks unwinnable at the moment because some wounded teams rally and come out punching like the pats. Others lie in the fetal position calling for mercy. I’m afraid Gase is the latter.
Well this is the year the offense was going to rise to the next level as many have said. They also said give it 4 games. I haven't thrown in the towel, we are still in 1st place but outside of the Raiders game the offense has been porous. Now we might have 2 serious injuries to OL starters. Tannehill needs good protection to be successful, I don't see that protection maintaining 12 more games. Thankfully the defense has played a lot better than I expected. It's week 5, time to rise up.

Gase wasn't just bad this week. The screens, the throws behind the sticks, running on ___ and 20... The list goes on and on. These calls have been in place from week 1 and we have been venting ever since.

Fact of the matter is, if you don't change you will get burned, see example yesterday. If we see the same play calling in the CIN game it will be time to break out the pitchforks and renew the calls for his termination IMO. Or at the very least his resignation of offensive play calling. He is a good game manager in the sense he can read the other team but it is painfully clear he cannot execute.

I think our OL woes (rushing) are 80% of our off problem.

However, almost none of this has anything to do with our atrocious D. Sometimes O struggles but has just enough if D keeps them in game.

This was a complete disaster and I think it is foolish to draw too many HARD CONCLUSIONS from it.

NE was a wild caged rabid animal- a prideful team with its backs against the wall (which i greatly dismissed and underestimated).

I think next game is a very good gauge. A good team, at home, coming off a feel good comeback road win.

This is a good test, without the extreme unknowns of a well-coached championship team pkaying an almost desperation game.

Let’s see how we look.

Back
Top Bottom