Gaskin on playbook | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gaskin on playbook

It makes sense. We will be able to get much more creative with the added firepower we have at WR. Also former players, like Van Noy, wont have total advantage as far as knowing exactly what we will do every time we play New England.

Chan Gailey said something along the lines last year of "It's not calling plays to your players strengths, it is the players executing the plays that are called". I was like this dude needs to go as soon as I saw that! It was basically in regards to how Tua seemed to play better when going with tempo. I respect Chan for what he has done in the game for a long time, but no doubt in my mind that the game has passed him by.

Well, it is one thing to want to run a certain offense and it is another to have the players that can make it work. I think we at last have enough talent on offense to make it work. Remains to be seen to what extend and with how much success.

I'm wondering how much of the playbook incorporates, both Godsey and Studsville's past offensive philosophy and experience? I'm hoping they've worked out the kinks from last year, to open up the running game and to maximize Tua's ability?

The offense last year was built around what Fitzpatrick did best because Gailey only wanted to call plays for Fitzpatrick and had no idea how to build an offense around Tua. His old ideas don’t fit with the new generation QB’s and that is why he is once again in retirement.

People called me a hater last year because I kept bringing up that Tua was rehabbing that hip. I believe it robbed him of some much-needed velocity on his throws and contributed to his fear of throwing intermediate passes for improved YPA and longer drives. This year I think we see a fit and prepared Tua. Assuming this new playbook means more RPO action for a healthy Tua, that can only be a good thing.

Let's give Tua a Mulligan on last year's play. This year I think we see a much more productive QB, and we're gonna like it! Given this embarrassment of riches along the OL/WR/TE ... we'd better see it.

Back
Top Bottom