Gators building top recruiting class in the nation. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gators building top recruiting class in the nation.

YPF

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
In what could potentially be the crown jewel in the nation's top recruiting class, Florida grabbed a commitment from the nation's No. 1 player, Percy Harvin of Virginia Beach Landstown on Monday.

Rivals.com
Percy Harvin is the crown jewel of Florida's outstanding class.
Harvin, who committed along with teammate Damon McDaniel, the nation's No. 60 overall player, chose Florida ahead of two-time defending national champion Southern California.

Last week they grabbed top rated QB Tim Tebow and they are still in the running for several other five star rated players.

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/teamrank.asp?SID=880

:D Go Gators.

«©òókîê ߥtë®» said:
Sorry.I was so excited I didnt see the other threads.Its a great time to be a Gator.Meyer is a hell of a recruiter.Imagine we go 8 and 3 and still have the top class.

Its all good. It is a great time to be a Gator!

wannstedt is having a great recruiting year, too. i'm sure there's a championship on the horizon

NorthFloridaFin said:
Didn't "The Great Ron Zook" put up great recruiting classes also. We see where that took them.

Most Gators were unhappy when he was chosen to replace Spurrier.He was the third choice.I never remember anyone refer to him as Great.

He was a good recruiter but a poor coach.Meyer is a better recruiter and a great coach.

What more can you ask for than to beat your three biggest rivals all of whom were ranked ahead of us in the same year.

And we didnt lose any games in the swamp.

«©òókîê ߥtë®» said:
Most Gators were unhappy when he was chosen to replace Spurrier.He was the third choice.I never remember anyone refer to him as Great.

He was a good recruiter but a poor coach.Meyer is a better recruiter and a great coach.

What more can you ask for than to beat your three biggest rivals all of whom were ranked ahead of us in the same year.

And we didnt lose any games in the swamp.

Exactly. There will always be haters out there. :tongue:

SpeedRush99 said:
Exactly. There will always be haters out there. :tongue:
The easier way is just to save this thread and remind the "haters" about IF/when the gators do win a title.

That being said this recruiting class Meyer is getting is outstanding. IF you follow Meyer his first year at a new school is usually decent, but not great. Then his second year he makes big strides. So by history... this COULD be the year that "it is great to be a FLORIDA GATOR". :D

Oboy said:
The easier way is just to save this thread and remind the "haters" about IF/when the gators do win a title.

That being said this recruiting class Meyer is getting is outstanding. IF you follow Meyer his first year at a new school is usually decent, but not great. Then his second year he makes big strides. So by history... this COULD be the year that "it is great to be a FLORIDA GATOR". :D

Yeah, but then they'd say how many titles do you have total? Its all good, there will always be stiff competition between the Florida schools and their fans. Thats what makes it good. Not to mention Florida plays in the tougher conference! :tongue:

Oboy said:

AMEN!

UF is a team I respect greatly and my second favorite team

however imo UM will always be the better florida team

or at least for a while longer

Alex22 said:

As of right now, yeah. But once Tebow gets comfortable with the offense and all the weapons he'll have, LOOK OUT!

Alex22 said:

Its a strange thing.Hurricane fans always look to the Gators as one of the their most hated rivals.

On the other hands Gators dont consider the Hurricanes to be one of their rivals.We have many other teams we would rather beat.

In fact I like the Hurricanes to win except when they play the Gators .
Its different with FSU.We do hate that stinking girls college.

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom