Gators building top recruiting class in the nation. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gators building top recruiting class in the nation.

I wanted benson over Ronnie back in the day...LOL
Guess I can be wrong sometimes ;)

Funny reading this because i remember last april on the cover of espn magazine, it had a picture of benson right on the front, with text saying "Im not Ricky"

«©òókîê ߥtë®» said:
Bears rookie first-round draft pick Cedric Benson, who reported late because of a contract dispute and then missed much of the season because of injuries, says he plans to take time off to get away from football. The most important thing right now is to kind of relax and totally not even think about football … kind of escape from it.

Enjoy your bonus money Are there any Benson banwaggoners still around ?

Another Ricky Williams student?:confused:

TotoreMexico said:
Another Ricky Williams student?:confused:

At least Ricky proved he was worth the high draft pick.

Neither Ronnie Brown nor Cadillac Williams would say something like that. Talk about making yourself a prime target for the fans to criticize.

Cedric Benson received alot of grooming this year. With Thomas Jones as the starter, and Adrian Peterson as the backup running back, Cedric Benson didn't get the chance to prove what kind of running back he can be. So really, it is pretty unfair to rate him when WE have not seen anything from him.

I think he did start once this year (Jones was out with an injury). He got 75 yards for 14 carries. But then got an injury himself too, (ligament torn or high ankle sprain, I think).

Remember, Larry Johnson was a 3rd stringer for a while too (behind Priest Holmes and Blaylock). And he was picked in the 1st round around the top 3. He isn't too bad now, is he? :p

Anyways, that "take a break from football" must be a Texan thing to do, eh?

i'd say the jury is still out on Benson... let's hold off for now....

i will say that i don't like the mileage he took at Texas....

PassRush said:
I will own up to it, I was all about Cedric Benson before the draft. Apparently I was wrong.

nobody notices me much, but i too was for drafting benson. I'm so glad we didnt now though

If people are going to chew out Benson now, you're complete idiots. Benson was injured much of this season but played well when he played. He never caused controversey for his team during the season. And you don't think he put all his heart and energy into this season? He doesn't have a right to be tired, and wanting a break?

And maybe y'all are forgetting, Ronnie held out into camp aswell. :shakeno:

Benson and Ricky Williams must have majored in the same thing at the U of Texas?...better hope Vince Young has more charachter. I am glad we picked Ronnie Brown over Benson.

Vertical Limit said:
Cedric Benson received alot of grooming this year. With Thomas Jones as the starter, and Adrian Peterson as the backup running back, Cedric Benson didn't get the chance to prove what kind of running back he can be. So really, it is pretty unfair to rate him when WE have not seen anything from him.

I think he did start once this year (Jones was out with an injury). He got 75 yards for 14 carries. But then got an injury himself too, (ligament torn or high ankle sprain, I think).

Remember, Larry Johnson was a 3rd stringer for a while too (behind Priest Holmes and Blaylock). And he was picked in the 1st round around the top 3. He isn't too bad now, is he? :p

Anyways, that "take a break from football" must be a Texan thing to do, eh?
Larry Johnson was like the 30th pick I think

HysterikiLL said:
If people are going to chew out Benson now, you're complete idiots. Benson was injured much of this season but played well when he played. He never caused controversey for his team during the season. And you don't think he put all his heart and energy into this season? He doesn't have a right to be tired, and wanting a break?

And maybe y'all are forgetting, Ronnie held out into camp aswell. :shakeno:

What are you talking about?

I'm not "chewing" him out, nor criticizing his hold out. I'm saying you don't have too much upstairs to make a public statement like "I'm getting away from football for a while."

That's a grave mistake, especially when you have not proven anything and you play in Chicago. The fans aren't going to like it, and if he gets criticism, he brought it upon himself.

DolphinDevil28 said:
What are you talking about?

I'm not "chewing" him out, nor criticizing his hold out. I'm saying you don't have too much upstairs to make a public statement like "I'm getting away from football for a while."

That's a grave mistake, especially when you have not proven anything and you play in Chicago. The fans aren't going to like it, and if he gets criticism, he brought it upon himself.

I see where your coming from. My post was more of a vent, and wasn't really directed at you anyway, mainly the poster of this thread.

I don't understand the problem here. The guy was hurt most of the year, ineffective in little playing time, and played 2nd string to Jones all year. He says 'he needs to get away', so what? Whats the problem? It was a tough year for Benson, yea he got paid a bunch of cash, but he didnt get to play and his team just got eliminated from the playoffs and hes upset? WOW. Big deal. Some of you look for any reason to jump on players so that you will look like a genius in your own mind about who we picked or should have picked or why you were right that someone was a bust, etc. This whole thread is full of crap, Benson will be a good Rb in the league. His attitude isnt bad, he heldout and go hurt and Jones played well keeping him on the bench. Benson isn't a bust, and he isnt a headcase, some of you just have no sense whatsoever.
I wanted us to draft Williams but am happy we got Ronnie, I think Caddy, Ronnie and Cedric will all be really good backs for years to come.

Back
Top Bottom