Gators building top recruiting class in the nation. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gators building top recruiting class in the nation.

says he plans to take time off to get away from football. The most important thing right now is to kind of relax and totally not even think about football … kind of escape from it.

Sounds like he still looks up to Ricky.

Benson didn't get a chance to get on the field this year because Thomas Jones played very well, which he did last year also.

Vertical Limit said:
Cedric Benson received alot of grooming this year. With Thomas Jones as the starter, and Adrian Peterson as the backup running back, Cedric Benson didn't get the chance to prove what kind of running back he can be. So really, it is pretty unfair to rate him when WE have not seen anything from him.

I think he did start once this year (Jones was out with an injury). He got 75 yards for 14 carries. But then got an injury himself too, (ligament torn or high ankle sprain, I think).

Remember, Larry Johnson was a 3rd stringer for a while too (behind Priest Holmes and Blaylock). And he was picked in the 1st round around the top 3. He isn't too bad now, is he? :p

Anyways, that "take a break from football" must be a Texan thing to do, eh?
BULL!! Being a top-5 pick, he would have started if he was mentally ready. You DON'T groom a top-5 running back!

Smith planning to dump Marty?

There's talk in league circles that Chargers General Manager A.J. Smith secretly is planning to fire coach Marty Schottenheimer after all head coaching vacancies are filled. The suspicion is that, after the Raiders make their hire (in April, perhaps) Smith will scuttle Schottenheimer and promote defensive coordinator Wade Phillips (after, or course, satisfying the Rooney Rule by interviewing James Lofton or Ted Cottrell or the cook from South Park).

From PFT.That would be a nasty way to fire a good coach.

Maybe Saban could persuade Marty to come be his secretary or something.:lol:

«©òókîê ߥtë®» said:
There's talk in league circles that Chargers General Manager A.J. Smith secretly is planning to fire coach Marty Schottenheimer after all head coaching vacancies are filled. The suspicion is that, after the Raiders make their hire (in April, perhaps) Smith will scuttle Schottenheimer and promote defensive coordinator Wade Phillips (after, or course, satisfying the Rooney Rule by interviewing James Lofton or Ted Cottrell or the cook from South Park).

WOW. That would be lower than scum to do that. Marty is one of the most respected coaches in the NFL. Smith would be an idiot to pull this. You'd think that if that happened, no high profile coach would ever want to coach for San Diego.

That would be a good mvoe for the chargers, which is why I hope they don't do that. Marty will has never and will never win the big game. A coach is useless if he can't win when it counts. The Chargers have alot of talent and it was poor coaching that held them back this year.

Marty-ball sucks.....what has he ever won? He always lost the big games in Cleveland and he can't win even with LT. I would have canned him long ago.

Basileus777 said:
That would be a good mvoe for the chargers, which is why I hope they don't do that. Marty will has never and will never win the big game. A coach is useless if he can't win when it counts. The Chargers have alot of talent and it was poor coaching that held them back this year.

Kind of surprising to see a KC fan posting this. Marty was most likely the 2nd best coach you guys have ever had.

late again said:
Kind of surprising to see a KC fan posting this. Marty was most likely the 2nd best coach you guys have ever had.
Perhaps I am being too hard on him, but I do not miss Martyball. Marty did well for us, at least in the regular season. But he failed to win anything in the playoffs, which is what counts. Marty has become somewhat less conservative, which I think is due to the influence of Cam Cameron, but last years game against the Jets show he is still mostly the same. The Chargers were horrible inconsistent and underachieving this year, which usually is the result of coaching.

I seriously doubt that will happen, but if it does, it's just plain wrong

«©òókîê ߥtë®» said:

This has been circulating right after the season that AJ was not happy with Marty, but said he is going to stay. I am right in the heart of Charger land here, and they are not reaaly high on Marty at all. Most of the fans want him gone, because as the KC fan said he hasn't done a lot with the talent they have here this year.

Back
Top Bottom