Gators building top recruiting class in the nation. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gators building top recruiting class in the nation.

Basileus777 said:
Perhaps I am being too hard on him, but I do not miss Martyball. Marty did well for us, at least in the regular season. But he failed to win anything in the playoffs, which is what counts. Marty has become somewhat less conservative, which I think is due to the influence of Cam Cameron, but last years game against the Jets show he is still mostly the same. The Chargers were horrible inconsistent and underachieving this year, which usually is the result of coaching.

He did manage to bring Joe Montana to your team. That must have been cool.

Fin Fan in Cali said:
This has been circulating right after the season that AJ was not happy with Marty, but said he is going to stay. I am right in the heart of Charger land here, and they are not reaaly high on Marty at all. Most of the fans want him gone, because as the KC fan said he hasn't done a lot with the talent they have here this year.

It's been known that AJ doesn't care too much for Marty. Hell he almost fired him last year after he won coach of the year.

Oh, this doesn't surprise me at all. Dispite the fact from where the rumor/source is from.

Marty Shottenheimer had a pretty unsuccessfull season with the expectations the organization had on them. They did have the 2nd toughest schedule in the league.

Keep in mind of this:
- A.J. Smith drafted Phillip Rivers. He loved his draft choice. Drew Brees is a Free Agent, and Marty Shottenheimer is in love with Drew Brees. Keeping both QB's is pointless and freeing one of them will save some cap money.

Letting go of Marty and asking Drew Brees to look elsewhere could be the "gameplan" in San Diego.

San Diego is just a pisspoor franchise. They make the playoffs for what the first time in decades last year and now they want to take steps backwards with a new coach and/or Qb? Good luck, hope u can use those top 5 picks wisely SD. This is why teams like SD always stink.

finfansince72 said:
This is why teams like SD always stink.
You do remember San Diego in the Super Bowl in 95, don't you? And how they beat the Dolphins to get there?

A San Diego fan could just as easily call Miami a piss-poor franchise considering we haven't been to the Super Bowl in over twenty years, and haven't even made the playoffs since 2001.

I think the timing of the move would have more to do with trying to screw Oakland (making sure that he isn't available for them), than trying to screw Marty.

i remember when drew brees was garbage a couple years ago, so you wont see me blaming marty for not taking it to the house. they had a tough schedule this year and still did pretty good. cant hate on that.

SMadison29 said:
It's been known that AJ doesn't care too much for Marty. Hell he almost fired him last year after he won coach of the year.
I hear you bro, but there was an article in the North County Times a couple of weeks back, and AJ was on fire in the paper. I was surprised not to see Marty getting his walking papers. It had strong rumours floating around the NFL that it could happen. We shall see. They are still very pissed at Marty for telling Carl Mauck that he did a good job right after the season,a nd then two weeks later fired, because there was some things that they wanted to do, but the didn't. Carl only had one lineman start all 16 games for him. I think he was a skape goat.

Caps said:
Maybe Saban could persuade Marty to come be his secretary or something.:lol:

Wouldn't that be hillarious if he was hired here. Nothing would surprise me. But why wait. That would be cruel.

Back
Top Bottom