*** Gators Football Thread *** | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Gators Football Thread ***

Is Aaron Hernandez going pro? I don't like the Gators but from what I've seen, this kid looks pretty solid.

Is Aaron Hernandez going pro? I don't like the Gators but from what I've seen, this kid looks pretty solid.

he hasn't said one way or the other but i don't see any chance of him staying. most - if not all - of the juniors will be leaving us this year. no real reason for him to stay - he's the second best TE in the draft - won't be able to get his stock much higher than that.

In even more ridiculous news on this front, there are rumors that the Gatornaughts (both Pounceys, Ahmad Black, and Chris Rainey) might go into draft. While both Pounceys will be solid NFL players, it would be a BIG mistake for Black and Rainey to go pro. Both will most likely not get drafted this year. Ahmad Black's dad is being a douche and essentially making the decision for his son and complaining about his playing time (there's a reason for it pops...better athletes at that position).

The Offense will be absolutely stacked next year. While I HATE Addazio's playcalling this year and think it's what cost us uniformity on offense and essentially the SEC Championship game, I think his play calling style will fit Brantley better. RBs are ridiculously stacked: Demps, Rainey, Moody, Gileslee, and Mack-daddy. Brantley also has a great report with Hines and Hammond and will also get Debose back.

The team, however, will be completely flipped with the Defense being the big Question Mark. Instead of 13-3 games, we could be seeing 32-24 games. I guess we'll see.

Hernandez is an outstanding TE and I think it's ridiculous that McShay has him as #4 TE...McShay is a idiot. Obviously Gresham is #1. If I were Hernandez, I would bolt. We have a highly ranked TE coming in next year, so hopefully we'll be ok. Plus, Urban's system actually doesn't normally incorporate too much at the TE position. It's just that Hernandez was so freakin good that Urban had no choice but to incorporate him!

In even more ridiculous news on this front, there are rumors that the Gatornaughts (both Pounceys, Ahmad Black, and Chris Rainey) might go into draft. While both Pounceys will be solid NFL players, it would be a BIG mistake for Black and Rainey to go pro. Both will most likely not get drafted this year. Ahmad Black's dad is being a douche and essentially making the decision for his son and complaining about his playing time (there's a reason for it pops...better athletes at that position).

The Offense will be absolutely stacked next year. While I HATE Addazio's playcalling this year and think it's what cost us uniformity on offense and essentially the SEC Championship game, I think his play calling style will fit Brantley better. RBs are ridiculously stacked: Demps, Rainey, Moody, Gileslee, and Mack-daddy. Brantley also has a great report with Hines and Hammond and will also get Debose back.

The team, however, will be completely flipped with the Defense being the big Question Mark. Instead of 13-3 games, we could be seeing 32-24 games. I guess we'll see.

Hernandez is an outstanding TE and I think it's ridiculous that McShay has him as #4 TE...McShay is a idiot. Obviously Gresham is #1. If I were Hernandez, I would bolt. We have a highly ranked TE coming in next year, so hopefully we'll be ok. Plus, Urban's system actually doesn't normally incorporate too much at the TE position. It's just that Hernandez was so freakin good that Urban had no choice but to incorporate him!

I'll follow along with you that it's pretty stupid for Rainey to enter the draft....and that getting players like Will Hill on the field is one of the main reasons Florida went to the 3-3-5...

But I don't buy that Addazio's playcalling cost you crocs the SECCG.....Urban and Addazio knew that they couldn't run the ball on Bama.....wasn't gonna happen....not with Demps...not with Rainey...not with Tebow....not with Hernandez....

Instead, they put the game on the shoulders of that He15man Trophy winning....National Championship winning......"superman" that walks on water they have at quarterback....

Problem was....by the time he got through triple clutching the football trying to read Bama's defense.....he was smoked......

Nick Saban and Bama's defense took the "system" out of the equation and forced Tebow to play quarterback......the defensive line kept contain on him on their pass rush and forced him to stay in the pocket and read the coverage...

When they tried that inside shovel pass to Hernandez on their first drive and it didn't work because Saban had Anders shadowing Hernandez.....Meyer knew they were in for a bad day....

It's funny that you don't agree with me that Addazio cost UF the SEC Championship, yet you point out so many of the flaws in Addazio's game plan that cost UF the SEC Championship. First play of the game, a shovel pass? Really? That play was wayyyy over used this year. Putting the entire offense on Tebow's shoulders? Why? Since when, this year, has Tebow shown that he can handle it? UF has one of the best tri-tandem of RBs in the entire nation and how many times did they run the ball? 3 times? I just don't get it.

Of course, I can't blame Addazio for all the dropped passes. The game went down hill after Demps dropped a sure-fire first down (right in both hands) on the first drive.

Addazio has been crap all year. It's funny...because he's such a great OL coach, yet he gets the added responsibility this year of the entire offense and now the worst 2 parts of the team is the OL and the offensive playcalling. He needs one or the other...and in my opinion, go back to just the OL. But like I've said before, I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt for one more year. I think Addazio's offense is geared more towards a pocket passer like Brantley. So we'll see how it goes.

i'm sincerely hoping black doesn't leave. if he stays him and hill are still a hell of a tandem. losing wright and black will hurt bad. i don't know if the defense can withstand losing almost the entire starting unit and the DC. if strong had stayed i wouldn't have worried - but without him i'm not so sure - especially since our last coordinator hire was fugging addazio.

LSU snagged him from us. don't really know the logic behind that one - he left us for the same job at LSU. haven't looked into that one just yet.

my thoughts exactly. i'm assuming LSU offered him an extremely generous contract - but i'm not sure. not a huge loss for us though - strong hurt much worse.

I'm not so sure that Gonzales wasn't run out. Rumors are, UF has already replaced him this morning. That's REALLY, really fast. I'm guessing Urban has been pushing him all year, since the WRs have been so horrible, and he didn't get the job done. This is all speculation on my part of course.

if we do lose black at least the top 2 safety recruits in the country have already committed to us in dowling and dorsey - so at least we still have that going for us.

how in the hell is FSU getting these badass recruits? pisses me off.

james is going to miss the sugar bowl b/c of foot surgery. it's not a huge loss - although he does lead the team in total yards - but it's a shame that his last game as a gator was the gang rape in atlanta. i never liked him running the ball but he was a hell of a return guy. due to his size he'll probably never see the field in the NFL. too bad.

james is going to miss the sugar bowl b/c of foot surgery. it's not a huge loss - although he does lead the team in total yards - but it's a shame that his last game as a gator was the gang rape in atlanta. i never liked him running the ball but he was a hell of a return guy. due to his size he'll probably never see the field in the NFL. too bad.

Don't fret to bad Bob..It was just our year this year.
I got a feeling people need to get used to seeing
Bama vs Fla.in the SECCG for several more years in
a row.
Heck,we've already played each other more than any
other teams in the big game.
We need a few more to even out the series.

Back
Top Bottom