GB C Evan Deitrich-Smith & Two Other OL Options | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

GB C Evan Deitrich-Smith & Two Other OL Options

To be honest I'm not sure how much I want to give him a longterm contract in the first place, he's really shown some questionable character. I really can't see him not being onboard, it'll just earn him more money in FA next year and it's a position he played in college.

Based on issues with the grand jury, and potential Bullygate issues, have to doubt that Philbin is a fan.

Another option for a center to move pouncey is Raiola. Now, maybe Pouncey is the better center, but Raiola might be the best value player and you still up grade at guard moving Pouncey. Then you get someone like Veldheer and have:

Veldheer
Pouncey
Raiola
Brenner/Yeatman/Thomas
Draft pick (Lewan?)

Big step up.

Another option for a center to move pouncey is Raiola. Now, maybe Pouncey is the better center, but Raiola might be the best value player and you still up grade at guard moving Pouncey. Then you get someone like Veldheer and have:

Veldheer
Pouncey
Raiola
Brenner/Yeatman/Thomas
Draft pick (Lewan?)

Big step up.

Raiola was resigned by the Lions already. I doubt Veldheer gets to the market based on the amount of cap space the Raiders have although he'd be a great fit.

Its easy for us as fans to talk about what he should do and where he should play. Salary cap wise if we move him to guard and he does well, we'll have to pay him north of 7 per year..if we lock him up at center then he'll cost us around 5 per year. As of right now, hes's a pro bowl center that we can lock up and save two mill per year.

If you take a quick glance at the salary cap situation for Carolina it appears they might be forced to expose

Jordan Gross to the free agent market because the Panthers are right up to the projected salary cap of $126 million. This week the Panthers have roughly $7 million in cap space, and when you factor in they will likely be forced to redo Cam Newton's deal this offseason it appears Gross might be finding a new team in the coming weeks.

http://sulia.com/eyesofftheballs/f/...c6-4b0f-b6af-c06a7df1401c&form_factor=desktop

Pouncey is a great center, but I dont know how well he will take being moved, unless he agrees to this first hand. He was a better OG than C at UF, and Im sure he will transition just fine in the pros.

Pouncey is not a great center. Number 13 isn't exactly great. He is NFL average. If we get a better center, he needs to move to guard or be traded.

Dwight Stephensen was a great center. He dominated the nose tackle of opposing teams. I cannot say that I have witnessed Pouncey dominate anyone.

nate garner at center anyone??? ,did ok ¬¬¬ alot of us been saying put pouncey at LG for last 2-3 years !

if pouncey dont like it then it harms himself and his new contract forget the "he will play well for team" its on him!!!!!

I believe that Pouncey will give his best in the best interest of the team.

Actually, I think that you mean that he would give his best in the best interest of himself since he is a free agent. He will want his cash and him playing well at whatever position he is at will be beneficial to himself. Yes, it would help the team, but I think he would play well more for himself than for the team.

I wonder what happened to Andrew Dakto OT from FSU. Definitely need shoulder surgery and development 7th round pick.

Practice squad?

To be honest I'm not sure how much I want to give him a longterm contract in the first place, he's really shown some questionable character. I really can't see him not being onboard, it'll just earn him more money in FA next year and it's a position he played in college.

What questionable character? Getting questioned by a grand jury about someone he knows isn't a questionable character issue. That could happen to anyone here. Getting photographed wearing a "free Hernandez" hat might be in poor taste but really doesn't make him a bad character guy.

What questionable character? Getting questioned by a grand jury about someone he knows isn't a questionable character issue. That could happen to anyone here. Getting photographed wearing a "free Hernandez" hat might be in poor taste but really doesn't make him a bad character guy.

Yeah, not sure what the questionable character thing is based off of.

Honestly if you're going to shell out a contract in the $7m range which is probably what you'd get at guard those are red flags. You've also got the Incog and Martin texts that have come out, basically painting his place as the drug spot. The "Free Hernandez" is poor judgement, I understand that more and don't have a problem with it. He obviously isn't much of a leader based on the Richie-Martin saga, he just strikes me as a guy who I would be hesitant to give big money. It's more a hunch than anything, but there's without a doubt some red flags that come with him. He doesn't strike me as high character.

"At one point, Incognito asks Martin if Martin went to Mike Pouncey’s house after going to a bar. Martin says he didn’t, saying “No drugs for me rest of season.” That comment could attract the NFL’s attention on the question of whether multiple members of the team had engaged in illegal use of drugs, recreational or otherwise." - PFT.

I personally don't care, but if I'm giving a longterm deal to someone sometimes you gotta follow the smoke.

At LT i like Monroe, Veldheer, Albert, or Collins in that order. Monroe likely Retained. Veldheer possibly let go because Oakland liked what they got from their backup while he was injured but still unlikely.

At LG i like Drafting Martin and putting him at guard.

At C i would like to see Pouncey stay center. No reason to move him with a guy like martin being able to shift spots.

At RG I like whichever guard that KC lets walk, probably Asamoah

At RT i like the 2nd or 3rd round pick to compete with a second level FA

Back
Top Bottom