GB C Evan Deitrich-Smith & Two Other OL Options | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

GB C Evan Deitrich-Smith & Two Other OL Options

At LT i like Monroe, Veldheer, Albert, or Collins in that order. Monroe likely Retained. Veldheer possibly let go because Oakland liked what they got from their backup while he was injured but still unlikely.

At LG i like Drafting Martin and putting him at guard.

At C i would like to see Pouncey stay center. No reason to move him with a guy like martin being able to shift spots.

At RG I like whichever guard that KC lets walk, probably Asamoah

At RT i like the 2nd or 3rd round pick to compete with a second level FA

I'm happy your singing a different tune now haha. Personally I'd be more inclined for Collins due to the amount of money owed and the fact he's stayed healthy. Martin would still be a great pick, even if I'd rather go after a playmaker, still could be BPA at 19 regardless. Asamoah is a great get, top of my wishlist. A stop gap at RT would be nice, but I agree the value for tackles in the 2-3 round range is great and a day 1 starter can be had.

I'm not a fan of Dietrich-Smith or any other Green Bay linemen. Their line has been horrid the last few years. If anything, I wish Philbin would get away from the whole Packers/ZBS system.

I'm happy your singing a different tune now haha. Personally I'd be more inclined for Collins due to the amount of money owed and the fact he's stayed healthy. Martin would still be a great pick, even if I'd rather go after a playmaker, still could be BPA at 19 regardless. Asamoah is a great get, top of my wishlist. A stop gap at RT would be nice, but I agree the value for tackles in the 2-3 round range is great and a day 1 starter can be had.

The money your saving with Collins im saving on keeping Poucey at C and having 2 young guys. If they do look to go with 3 or 4 FA's then yes i agree get Collins or there is no cap left for anything else.

For the record if they have rookies that are promising in training camp i would still like to see them starting over FA's. Seeing as i still have 3 O-lineman in the first 5 rounds of my mock i still would like it.

The money your saving with Collins im saving on keeping Poucey at C and having 2 young guys. If they do look to go with 3 or 4 FA's then yes i agree get Collins or there is no cap left for anything else.

For the record if they have rookies that are promising in training camp i would still like to see them starting over FA's. Seeing as i still have 3 O-lineman in the first 5 rounds of my mock i still would like it.

I'm still entirely open to keeping Pouncey at C, personally I'm not bringing him back after next year anyway. Don't trust him and think he's getting overrated. 3 rookie OL in the first 5 rounds is a little rich for me, but I don't have a HUGE issue with it. Both your top 2 guys would be good value and could be day 1 starters. The only difference in our outlooks is I want a little more veteran stability, a C saves me a bit of money over another guard too and this draft is deep at tackle. Outside of Albert, who I think's overrated I'd support your line. Collins has a virtually identical game without the injury history and a nuch shorter track record, with that less tread too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still entirely open to keeping Pouncey at C, personally I'm not bringing him back after next year anyway. Don't trust him and think he's getting overrated. 3 rookie OL in the first 5 rounds is a little rich for me, but I don't have a HUGE issue with it. Both your top 2 guys would be good value and could be day 1 starters. The only difference in our outlooks is I want a little more veteran stability, a C saves me a bit of money over another guard too and this draft is deep at tackle. Outside of Albert, who I think's overrated I'd support your line. Collins has a virtually identical game without the injury history and a nuch shorter track record, with that less tread too.

Im not against collins what so ever but im tentative to throw 5 million at a guy who really has only played half a season as a starter. I really like the gaurd depth in this draft though. You can get a solid starter that isnt flashy in the latter rounds if you need a guy. The main reason i like Pouncey at center is because he knows what the line should do and i would prefer him doing the blocking calls over a FA that is still somewhat learning what they want from him. I would try to lock up pouncey after this year unless he starts asking for insane money because he is still really good even if he isnt the smartest guy around.

i dont know...last time we moved an olineman bad things happened...

I'm OK with keeping Pouncey at center, just an option of getting much more athletic on the OL and ZBS depending on how FA shakes out.

Im not against collins what so ever but im tentative to throw 5 million at a guy who really has only played half a season as a starter. I really like the gaurd depth in this draft though. You can get a solid starter that isnt flashy in the latter rounds if you need a guy. The main reason i like Pouncey at center is because he knows what the line should do and i would prefer him doing the blocking calls over a FA that is still somewhat learning what they want from him. I would try to lock up pouncey after this year unless he starts asking for insane money because he is still really good even if he isnt the smartest guy around.

That's a good point about making the line calls. Not sure how great he was at those, hard to judge watching on TV tho. I just think we're wasting his best trait, his athleticism there. If he keeps his nose clean for a year and excels at guard I'd be fine to shell out the money for him even if it's a couple million more expensive.

That's a good point about making the line calls. Not sure how great he was at those, hard to judge watching on TV tho. I just think we're wasting his best trait, his athleticism there. If he keeps his nose clean for a year and excels at guard I'd be fine to shell out the money for him even if it's a couple million more expensive.

The interest in Deitrich-Smith may be rising.

Back
Top Bottom