General NCAA thread | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

General NCAA thread

BS pass interference call

It is what it is, but... the CB, who got the call, jammed his guy on the line and the WR just didn't come free. Meanwhile the Safety over top looked like he was responsible for the coverage that allowed the touchdown, NOT the CB who locked up the other receiver and then threw up his hands after the fact like he was being held. Let 'em play.

Same type of pick play the pats run, had it not been called in an nfl game against the dolphins the board would be up in arms.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

i disagree with that call...the wr inside is being pressed he is absolutely allowed to come off the los and engage that db like he did...the outside wr imo who runs a little arrow route like is the one that if anyone did something illegal is the culprit as i see it...he had off coverage and instead of just carrying his route further into the end zone started blocking...the bottom line is that play was set up perfectly if the outside wide wr runs thru his route and the inside guy rides the press db that should be a good td...the cover player responsible for the pass catcher was caught too far inside...perfect play design

i think it was crap...boy did i like me some of that talent on the field though...david robinsons son not sure what he will come out as but thats a flex weapon for sure if he's a tweener...the dame rb can play also...same for the wr fuller very smooth...flo state has rashad greene who is a legit player and underrated imo and that back karlos williams runs hard thru contact that's for sure...plus josue matias at guard

great game...best college football game i've seen in a long time...td taken off the board for crap imo unless the college rules are something else..if its called on anyone it should be the wide wr for blocking downfield either prior to the pass if that was the case or for being too far downfield engaging that contact...the off coverage says to me that is the likely culprit

the press thing though was flat bs

It is what it is, but... the CB, who got the call, jammed his guy on the line and the WR just didn't come free. Meanwhile the Safety over top looked like he was responsible for the coverage that allowed the touchdown, NOT the CB who locked up the other receiver and then threw up his hands after the fact like he was being held. Let 'em play.

i disagree with that call...the wr inside is being pressed he is absolutely allowed to come off the los and engage that db like he did...the outside wr imo who runs a little arrow route like is the one that if anyone did something illegal is the culprit as i see it...he had off coverage and instead of just carrying his route further into the end zone started blocking...the bottom line is that play was set up perfectly if the outside wide wr runs thru his route and the inside guy rides the press db that should be a good td...the cover player responsible for the pass catcher was caught too far inside...perfect play design

i think it was crap...boy did i like me some of that talent on the field though...david robinsons son not sure what he will come out as but thats a flex weapon for sure if he's a tweener...the dame rb can play also...same for the wr fuller very smooth...flo state has rashad greene who is a legit player and underrated imo and that back karlos williams runs hard thru contact that's for sure...plus josue matias at guard

great game...best college football game i've seen in a long time...td taken off the board for crap imo unless the college rules are something else..if its called on anyone it should be the wide wr for blocking downfield either prior to the pass if that was the case or for being too far downfield engaging that contact...the off coverage says to me that is the likely culprit

the press thing though was flat bs

The Notre Dame head coach was puzzled Saturday night after his team had a potential game-winning touchdown called back for offensive pass interference. On Sunday, Kelly was still heated after the supposed pick play led to the Fighting Irish’s first loss of the season. “But again, the play itself, in terms of what we ask our kids to do, it was pretty clear what happened on the play: Florida State blew the coverage and they got rewarded for it. It’s unfortunate,” Kelly said Sunday on a conference call with reporters, according to ESPN.com. Kelly also said that he has even less clarity on the call itself than he thought he had Saturday. The penalty was called on Will Fuller, not C.J. Prosise, which “just adds more uncertainty,” according to Kelly.

:up:

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2014/10/brian-kelly-florida-state-rewarded-for-blown-coverage-against-notre-dame/

Watching Jalen Strong vs. Marcus Peters right now in crazy wind after watching Bo Wallace head to the lockerroom a tad early. I love college football.

Back
Top Bottom