Gesicki, Will he be part of Flo future plan? | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gesicki, Will he be part of Flo future plan?

RankPlayerOppYdsTDIntYdsTDRecYdsTDTDFumTD2PTLostPoints
1Robert TonyanTE - GB@CHI-----5258611----176.60
2Travis KelceTE - KCLAC4----105141611--11312.76
3Darren WallerTE - LV@DEN-----10711969--12278.60
4Jimmy GrahamTE - CHIGB-----504568----143.60
5Jonnu SmithTE - TEN@HOU---41414488----140.20
6Jared CookTE - NO@CAR-----375047---1127.40
7Rob GronkowskiTE - TBATL-----456237----149.30
8Mark AndrewsTE - BAL@CIN-----587017----170.10
9Mike GesickiTE - MIA@BUF-----537036----159.30
10Logan ThomasTE - WAS@PHI28--5-726706----176.62

RankPlayerOppYdsTDIntYdsTDRecYdsTDTDFumTD2PTLostPoints
1Travis KelceTE - KCLAC4----105141611--11312.76
2Darren WallerTE - LV@DEN-----10711969--12278.60
3T.J. HockensonTE - DETMIN-----677236--11175.30
4Mike GesickiTE - MIA@BUF-----537036----159.30

Projection on 107 Receptions....1,419 Yards
Projection on 107 Receptions and TDs....12 TDS

#1 in the NFL!!!
You’re dodging the point we’re discussing

I'm providing Stats! Everyone wants to talk about his numbers and i'm puttin his numbers up in comparison to the rest of the league.
I'm not sure what's more appropriate than that.

While I like the pick, TEs are notorious for taking time the transition from college to the NFL.

I doubt TC is enough time to make a real evaluation on any player's true career path (unless he's just dumb as a box of rocks), let alone a TE.
If, I say 'if', MG is traded and Long ends up with more receptions than Pitts in the season, ( it could happen with Waddle and Fuller pulling safeties and leaving middle open ), i will laugh so hard at Atl.

Is the point broken tackles as a stat? Really?

Yeah, the guy doesn't break many (any?) tackles. Part of that is his play style, but I'm not going to use that as any big factor on whether he is a good player, or not.

Guy catches anything in his vicinity. Consistently outmuscles/outjumps defenders, doesn't run 6 yd routes on third and 8, makes quite a few "possession" type 3rd down conversions, all of which I see as more important than breaking tackles.

If, I say 'if', MG is traded and Long ends up with more receptions than Pitts in the season, ( it could happen with Waddle and Fuller pulling safeties and leaving middle open ), i will laugh so hard at Atl.
That's very "big" of you......SMH.....

I'm providing Stats! Everyone wants to talk about his numbers and i'm puttin his numbers up in comparison to the rest of the league.
I'm not sure what's more appropriate than that.
You don’t want a player who can break a tackle?

Is the point broken tackles as a stat? Really?

Yeah, the guy doesn't break many (any?) tackles. Part of that is his play style, but I'm not going to use that as any big factor on whether he is a good player, or not.

Guy catches anything in his vicinity. Consistently outmuscles/outjumps defenders, doesn't run 6 yd routes on third and 8, makes quite a few "possession" type 3rd down conversions, all of which I see as more important than breaking tackles.
I get it Mach I really do. I just found it funny to immediately change the topic. Yeah he’s a decent receiving tight end, not particularly great route runner or run blocker ..... he’s okay. Not a top 5 tight end in my opinion but a good player

what’s the harm in critiquing him for the fact he doesn’t break tackles?

Hmmm.....

Are you saying MG isn't above average? The numbers themselves disagree, but more tangibly, what he is able to commamd as a FA will probably disagree as well.

I'm not for overpaying any player, but most of the MG bashers are just bashing without regard to cost, or for that matter value.

Is he worth 7mil? 9? I mean unless you are willing to put some kind of number on it, its just ranting.

Obviously, he isn't the player Kelce is, and if that's what he is looking for, good luck.

On the other hand, if he wants top 10-12 money, that seems fair from strictly a cost/production standpoint.

What really matters is how Flo sees his value verses a cheaper player. If his production can be simulated by a guy on a rookie contract, the rest doesn't matter.

At this point, we have no idea what he/his agent are thinking, nor do we have any idea what offers, if any, have been made by the organization.

It seems like ppl are getting ahead of themselves, and frankly a bit overemotional, over a situation of which there is no actual information.
Do you think he’s a top 12 weapon in the NFL?

I get it Mach I really do. I just found it funny to immediately change the topic. Yeah he’s a decent receiving tight end, not particularly great route runner or run blocker ..... he’s okay. Not a top 5 tight end in my opinion but a good player

what’s the harm in critiquing him for the fact he doesn’t break tackles?
No harm. It would just be nice if it weren't always a one sided evaluation, devoid of any positive, while focusing on the negatives.

I know that isn't your style, so the remark is not directed there.

I agee, and have stated in this thread, he doesn't get top 5 money here, nor should he.

I just don't agree that he is the steaming pile that some portray him to be.

I don't care to overpay to keep him, but he is an offensive weapon/threat, and to say otherwise is ludicrous.

Now if ppl want to aay they prefer an inline, run blocking TE, that's fine. They are entitled to that opinion.

If, on the other hand, they are only going to be happy with a Gronk, or Kelce type player, well good luck with that.

Last edited:
Do you think he’s a top 12 weapon in the NFL?
Top 12 weapon? No, obviously not, but that's not relavent. We aren't talking about a top 12 "weapon" contract, as that would include WRs.

He's easily a top 12 move TE though, and a mismatch against most man coverage.

Top 12 weapon? No, obviously not, but that's not relavent. We aren't talking about a top 12 "weapon" contract, as that would include WRs.

He's easily a top 12 move TE though, and a mismatch against most man coverage.

Did the poster ask top 12 WEAPON in the entire NFL? Why is there so much misframing by some to try and diminish this kids accomplishments and ability?

Did the poster ask top 12 WEAPON in the entire NFL? Why is there so much misframing by some to try and diminish this kids accomplishments and ability?
Yes, they actually did.

Actually kind of surprised at @djphinfan going that far out there. He knows that wasn't legit.

I honestly think some ppl hated the guy, for whatever reason, from day one, and are never going to give him a fair shake.

One poster even went sovfarcas to state how he will laugh if tge rookie has a better year than MG.

I don't get the mentality. I care what's best for the team. If it's letting Mike move on, so be it. If it's him retiring as a Dolphin, thats fine too.

Back
Top Bottom