Gesicki: Big Opportunity | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gesicki: Big Opportunity

JahnDho

Active Roster
Reaction score
When will we see an uptick in Gesicki’s usage?

Big home game against a division rival. Miami needs this win now more than ever. It’s a pivotal game that could make or break their playoff hopes. Win this Sunday and their confidence should carry over into the following 3 weeks against teams they CAN beat.

What does this have to do with Gesicki?

Miami has a tendency to pull out big surprises against NE. Gesicki has had enough time to transition into the NFL. So Miami needs to take off the training wheels and let him ride free. This is the game to do it and Miami needs big plays to beat NE.

Is this Gesicki’s time?

Hey, Gase will come up with something to capitalize on mis-matches...right? We'll prob see a great run play on 3rd and 12 to really through them off.

I’m due man. I need a Christmas miracle.

I believe we will see the emergence of Mike Gesicki in the 2019 season. I believe they would've "unleashed" him already, if that was in the plans for 2018.

Truly a monster reincarnation of Michael Egnew.

At least Egnew actually became somewhat competent as a blocker before he was done. Even played some FB if I’m not mistaken. He was just a big lug for a guy of his athletic ability.

Sort of like Gesicki has shown.

Gesicki is not good at running routes and does not show good instincts when he does get the ball.

I wouldn't count on him having a big game this year. Maybe next year but he has a lot of work to do in the off season.

I'm so frustrated with this. There is no way he should even be in the same sentence as Egnew but as of right now it looks about right. I just don't get it.
It was reason number one why I didn't like him. He wasn't a very good tight end in college, he was just so athletic that he could go off of that. He needs more power to his game so he can't just be pressed at the line of scrimmage. The kid is still learning to be a football player, hopefully he figures it out. We had the best tight end in the draft fall to us and we passed on him because of someone's stupid combine numbers....drives me insane.

A tight ends number one job should be to feel the gaps in coverage and get to it, I just don't think Mike knows how to even read a defense which is quite scary.

Gesicki has as much a chance to perform well versus the Pats as Asiata does.

Which means, zero chance.

It’s our own fault

Gesicki isn’t an in-line TE. Point blank period. Trying to make him one is a waste

When will we see an uptick in Gesicki’s usage?

Big home game against a division rival. Miami needs this win now more than ever. It’s a pivotal game that could make or break their playoff hopes. Win this Sunday and their confidence should carry over into the following 3 weeks against teams they CAN beat.

What does this have to do with Gesicki?

Miami has a tendency to pull out big surprises against NE. Gesicki has had enough time to transition into the NFL. So Miami needs to take off the training wheels and let him ride free. This is the game to do it and Miami needs big plays to beat NE.

Is this Gesicki’s time?
Yeah. It’s Geaickis time. If we were playing NE at basketball

Back
Top Bottom