Gesicki, Will he be part of Flo future plan? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gesicki, Will he be part of Flo future plan?

I'd say what he does this season will define Grier/Flores' motivation level for re-signing him. If hes the same player he was last year I doubt they match what he gets on the open market. If he comes in improved and shows himself to be an indispensable component of this offense he'll get an offer. My guess is that he is who he is and someone else will end up paying him more than the Phins are willing to.
He is super productive when he gets the ball thrown his way

know I’ve said this many time and I apologize, but in No way do I consider Gesicki a tight end..

you have to be able to play in line and be competent in blocking for me to call you that..

I agree! But money is a real thing and Gesickie is going to get paid top 10.
So what? I'm tired of letting our good players go. We need to keep our own. When we start winning more, they will take more team friendly deals... I hope!! Haha

Why would we get rid of an established weapon that we molded? We better not
Def willing to keep him one more year to see the evolution of his game, he’s got to make more plays, I wish he could gain more seperation but I don’t think his functional movement allows him to do that..he wins with height x Length x vert x exceptional hands..

I'm Just not a fan of one dimensional players, I’m also not a fan of teams that favor one side of the ball, I believe in true balance in the players game and the team..balance and depth will outlast..jmo.

I think Miami would trade Gesicki for a decent price, or they'll just let him walk in 2022. He's not a particularly versatile player, and he is clogging spots that should go to Fuller, Waddle, and Parker. Maybe he makes a major leap as an in-line TE in 2021 and changes all that, but, at this point, his skillset does not appear to mesh well with the direction of the offense. That doesn't mean he's bad. He's just not so good that you bend over backwards to find him reps in front of the WR's. As a rotational player, he's really good.

I don’t know. But Gesicki is better than McCain.

People seriously overrate McCain on here.

If you had a defense of 11 Bobby McCain types, you’d have a mediocre defense.

He was never good. He was just a serviceable player on a crappy team...we’ve gotten better and moved on thankfully.

Def willing to keep him one more year to see the evolution of his game, he’s got to make more plays, I wish he could gain more seperation but I don’t think his functional movement allows him to do that..he wins with height x Length x vert x exceptional hands..

I'm Just not a fan of one dimensional players, I’m also not a fan of teams that favor one side of the ball, I believe in true balance in the players game and the team..balance and depth will outlast..jmo.
I hear ya. I'm not either when they are the main targets. But with the edition of more playmakers like Fuller and waddle, we should be able to maximize his skill set in the rz. We couldn't move the ball in between the 20s. But we could score at will in the rz. I think he would be a key piece to keep for a rz threat. They compliment eachother perfectly

I think Miami would trade Gesicki for a decent price, or they'll just let him walk in 2022. He's not a particularly versatile player, and he is clogging spots that should go to Fuller, Waddle, and Parker. Maybe he makes a major leap as an in-line TE in 2021 and changes all that, but, at this point, his skillset does not appear to mesh well with the direction of the offense. That doesn't mean he's bad. He's just not so good that you bend over backwards to find him reps in front of the WR's. As a rotational player, he's really good.
What are you even talking about? He was and is a big rz threat...

Imo he simply can’t do that, play In line that is..he just doesn’t have the balance or coordination to block..worst I’ve seen actually..

but man when he goes up and extends there isn’t a defender in the NFL that can compete..

I hear ya. I'm not either when they are the main targets. But with the edition of more playmakers like Fuller and waddle, we should be able to maximize his skill set in the rz. We couldn't move the ball in between the 20s. But we could score at will in the rz. I think he would be a key piece to keep for a rz threat. They compliment eachother perfectly
I agree with that..Tua is innately accurate so he should be able to measure that premiere catch radius..

This is the perfect time to re-sign a good young player. The cap it at it's lowest point and is projected to jump up sharply over the next 3 years, so extend for 4 years and even a ridiculous deal today looks like a bargain 2 years down the road. That being said, I think we're moving on from Jerome Baker, so he's not getting resigned (McKinney and Phillips taking Baker and Van Noy's spots). Mike Gesicki and Durham Smythe would be the question marks. Apparently we already re-signed Adam Shaheen. Some people think Hunter Long can be our blocking TE ... but I don't think he'll be as effective of a blocker as Smythe. To me, the Hunter Long pick looks more like a replacement for Gesicki. IMHO, it is a big mistake to let Gesicki walk, because he's just starting to hit his emergence. The sky is the limit for that kid.

Back
Top Bottom