Get behind Jesse Davis | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Get behind Jesse Davis

motormouthmaz

Rookie
Reaction score
im rooting for him hardcore the rest of the season. If he can emerge as legit RT that would save us 9.3 million next year and that would basically make up for cutler and we would be in the same cap position as originally thought before the tannehill injury.

im rooting for him hardcore the rest of the season. If he can emerge as legit RT that would save us 9.3 million next year and that would basically make up for cutler and we would be in the same cap position as originally thought before the tannehill injury.
I'm with you on that!!! We need SOMEONE to step forward & take over for one of our "average" players who are on or will be on fatty contracts.

He'll have some mistakes/struggles but I hope his overall play is solid enough to keep him there.
I've been picturing DAVIS there from preseason on. I just can't seem him being that much worse that JAMES. Not saying JAMES has been bad either. DAVIS looks like a RT IMO. Gonna be watching him closely tonite.

I suppose his pass pro is most important, but it would be nice if he has a mean streak in run blocking.

Juwan James was playing lights out before his injury. Does anyone have his PFF ranking?

Top 5 from what I remember.

Last edited:

giphy.gif

I am with you Brother.

James has never played like a first round pick. He's being up and down like the rest of the O-line. 9 mill is way too much for him but to cut him lose it might take a settlement do to the fact the team picked up his 5 year option and now he's hurt so it's not that simple.

Ozzy rules!!

Only in pass blocking. In run blocking he is horrible. Real weak.
PFF has him as the 12th overall OT with a grade of 80.0. His run blocking couldn't have been that week or he'd be ranked much lower. I think he's in the upper 80's as a pass blocker...88 or 87, which would make his run blocking somewhere in the 70's. Incidentally Pouncey is 46.6 overall and rated the 27th best Center out of 34 or so qualifying Centers. He's consistently been in the 40's or lower for his run blocking.

That's if you believe anything PFF says.

Some of you are wrong about James. I'm not referring to his draft status as a 1st round pick but his performance is above average. If we let him walk, we create another problem along the OL. If we need to fix the OL, Bushrod and Pouncey comes to mind but not James!!!

If a team had a left-handed QB James would be worth a 1st-3rd pick. Hes almost excellent in pass-pro but below average in run blocking. If Davis develops then................................

Back
Top Bottom