Get HYPED for our D!!!!! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Get HYPED for our D!!!!!

The D played very well for the majority of last season but the Bills basically showed the rest of the league how to attack the Miami defense. Hopefully the players they added in the draft and the trade for McKinney will upgrade the defense but right now I see the defense as a middle of the pack defense and not a top 10 defense.
Until they show they can consistently stop the run and put pressure on the opposing QB, it is hard to see them as a top tier defense.

The D played very well for the majority of last season but the Bills basically showed the rest of the league how to attack the Miami defense. Hopefully the players they added in the draft and the trade for McKinney will upgrade the defense but right now I see the defense as a middle of the pack defense and not a top 10 defense.
Until they show they can consistently stop the run and put pressure on the opposing QB, it is hard to see them as a top tier defense.
My thoughts as well. Take away the turnovers and TD's, Miami's defense wasn't very good. The amoeba defense helped against a few teams, but Flores avoided it against the more potent offenses.

No way a Flores coached team doesn't show up on defense when they start jelling. Flores expects turnovers and touchdowns like they are preordained.

Is Ledbetter still on team? What injury did he have last year?
He's still on the team. When I painfully re-watched that Baltimore game from two years ago I was impressed by Ledbetter. He was one of the few bright spots. He didn't take over the game or have those flash plays that fans notice (he had 0.5 sack), but he did his job. He set the edge well and turned plays inside and he got a bit of push. He seemed like the proto-type they want for the position. If he's healthy I could see him being one of those seemingly "out of nowhere" players that we'd see step up for the Patriots during their dynasty.

He's still on the team. When I painfully re-watched that Baltimore game from two years ago I was impressed by Ledbetter. He was one of the few bright spots. He didn't take over the game or have those flash plays that fans notice (he had 0.5 sack), but he did his job. He set the edge well and turned plays inside and he got a bit of push. He seemed like the proto-type they want for the position. If he's healthy I could see him being one of those seemingly "out of nowhere" players that we'd see step up for the Patriots during their dynasty.
Besides, in his case, the contract is so low, it doesn't count against the cap, and to cut him, there would have to be an injury settlement anyway.

Might as well just pay out the contract.

Why not start a different thread for that? OP is wanting to get the fans hyped for the defense. If we’re going to focus only on the failures then anything that’s happened since the 74’ super bowl is irrelevant. No need to dump on a fellow fan that’s excited.
I did come off as, 'No, you should not be happy or excited'.

Goddamn I forgot how good the defense was when they played with the lead. I think how truly great they can be depends on how many points the O can put up. I'm counting on the O to do their part.

Honestly though, even if the O only improves to middle of the road, I don't think the D will miss a beat. IMO the added talents of McKinnley, Phillips, Holland and Butler is greater than the loss of Van Noy, McCain, Godchaux and Lawson.

PS. Xavian is the ****, I can't think of anyone better for Iggy to work with in the offseason. Jones you're on notice. They aren't paying you that much to move to S with the two youngsters back there.

I'm expecting a more consistent defense this year. Last year, at times they could get good pressure and force quick throws. That's the strength of this defense.

Once teams figured out we couldn't seal an edge consistently, they gameplanned to move to qb out of the pocket to gain more time. Inevitably someone would be open in the middle of the field or even deep on occasion. Often times, X or others made opportunistic plays on poorly thrown or placed balls resulting in turnovers. This is what made the D look good last year imo.

This year's additions should fix those problems AND the progression of the whole group together should produce more sacks, pressures, quick throws, and turnovers.

I am excited!

Back
Top Bottom