Get HYPED for our D!!!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Get HYPED for our D!!!!!

With the emergence of a potential great player in Noah, who I would bet on being such, I think we have a shot at the best secondary in the game, we are absolutely loaded.

I felt we were sorely lacking the Donta Hightower piece.

Hello Bernardrick McKinney.
He’s gonna be such an upgrade from what we had..I thought Raeqwon was gonna be that mike but was wrong there..McKinney is def on another level that what we’ve seen at the position in a very long time, since Dansby..

Am I the only one still very disappointed with the linebacking corp? I know you can't rebuild everything in a year or two but damn I miss having an impact LB on the team. A smart, tough player like Zach, that will lay someone out and is always in the right place, etc. Just a real leader on the field.

Our defense last year was good, not great.

It was very opportunistic, but the strength came from our starting CBs and our scheme.

We needed help on the front seven and thankfully, we ignored those who wanted an all offensive agency and draft... and went out and got the help we needed.

I'm VERY optimistic about this year's defense even though I think we need one more true pass rusher.
pretty much how I feel. We needed a safety and at least one pass rusher and we got that, at least we drafted two players that fit the bill. I agree we could use one more pass rusher tho.

Our defense last year was good, not great.

It was very opportunistic, but the strength came from our starting CBs and our scheme.

We needed help on the front seven and thankfully, we ignored those who wanted an all offensive agency and draft... and went out and got the help we needed.

I'm VERY optimistic about this year's defense even though I think we need one more true pass rusher.

What can you take away from the Bills game?

Our D can be dominant but we need another pass rusher. Plain and simple. I’m sure we’ll be looking for another in next years draft or free agency, this regime only had two offseasons so far to address a depleted roster. Next year we’ll be drafting for some depth as well as starters

For all of the fantasy football enthusiasts, this is the year to draft the Dolphins Defense. I am generally extremely wary of letting my love for Miami influence any fantasy football decisions. However, I don't see any obvious flaw in the Dolphins Defense. Last season's team defense was good but this year with the addition of Bernardrick McKinney, Jaelan Phillips and Jevon Holland - it will be better. No ifs, no buts, no maybes.

Not to concerned about the pass. But very curious how they stack up against a strong running team. Patriots will be a pod test...Denver absolutely destroyed us in the ground.

Our D can be dominant but we need another pass rusher. Plain and simple. I’m sure we’ll be looking for another in next years draft or free agency, this regime only had two offseasons so far to address a depleted roster. Next year we’ll be drafting for some depth as well as starters
Well good thing they drafted what some consider the top pass rusher type prospect.

We have Biegel back too this year, who should give a boost to the pass rush.

Hopefully Strowbridge can show a big uptick if he sticks around.

We have Biegel back too this year, who should give a boost to the pass rush.

Hopefully Strowbridge can show a big uptick if he sticks around.
Really hope Biegel can return to form as much as possible. A torn achilles can really hurt your athleticism.

He was def looking like a serviceable rotation piece. Will be rooting for him.

Am I the only one still very disappointed with the linebacking corp? I know you can't rebuild everything in a year or two but damn I miss having an impact LB on the team. A smart, tough player like Zach, that will lay someone out and is always in the right place, etc. Just a real leader on the field.

You gotta look for the unspoken glances in the secondary. A feeling like when Madison would just shoot a look at Marion and nothing was said. Zach was just able to diagnose every play just about. I agree that McKinney may prove to be the best we've seen since Dansby.

Well good thing they drafted what some consider the top pass rusher type prospect.
Yes, but I’d like some depth in that area. Top flight depth. This game on defense is all about pass rushing to help our Dbacks. I am not sold on our new draftee until he does it on the NFL level. We also drafted Dion Jordan and Charles Harris and that didn’t work out.

Back
Top Bottom