Get HYPED for our D!!!!! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Get HYPED for our D!!!!!

I expect our defense to regress UNLESS we have a more reliable pass rush AND the offense sustains drives in 2021. To be clear, on paper both of these areas improved during the offseason. That being said, our roster is loaded with young men that have a lot left to prove in the NFL before I can have huge expectations. I hope to see a better team on both sides of the ball this year.

Re-watch the last game of the season against the Bills when we needed to win to get in the playoffs.

Not everybody wins all their games, well, one team once did.

They (that's us) may do it again this year, since it is unlikely anybody will be prepared to play against all our new packages for a while. After a while we may find we are truly dominant and then the sky is the limit.

Our defense last year was good, not great.

It was very opportunistic, but the strength came from our starting CBs and our scheme.

We needed help on the front seven and thankfully, we ignored those who wanted an all offensive agency and draft... and went out and got the help we needed.

I'm VERY optimistic about this year's defense even though I think we need one more true pass rusher.

I prefer to think that last year our greatness on Defense was just not evenly distributed and we were still were remarkably good as opposed to remarkably bad.

No "Lemming" juice required!

Another thing to consider. Miami's offense will be better, perhaps dramatically better. That will help the defense as well.

The Dolphins had a lot of three and outs last year, putting added pressure on the D.
Exactly. Get us into the top 10 scoring offense and then with that defense with the addition of Holland and Phillips it's lights out time.

Exactly. Get us into the top 10 scoring offense and then with that defense with the addition of Holland and Phillips it's lights out time.
its always sunny in philadelphia GIF

OP wants the hype to come from last season's D, which is why there's a link to a video. This year's defense IMHO is going to be more consistent based on the offseason FA and draft you refer to.
Also it is very hard to repeat a high peak season.

Yes, but I’d like some depth in that area. Top flight depth. This game on defense is all about pass rushing to help our Dbacks. I am not sold on our new draftee until he does it on the NFL level. We also drafted Dion Jordan and Charles Harris and that didn’t work out.

Well! Gotta crawl before you can fly...

Am I the only one still very disappointed with the linebacking corp? I know you can't rebuild everything in a year or two but damn I miss having an impact LB on the team. A smart, tough player like Zach, that will lay someone out and is always in the right place, etc. Just a real leader on the field.
You are not the only one.
However the league structured against team to have elite group in every position. Cap and draft and FA and much more free flow trade environment all work against it.
It ain't no 60s Yankee no more.

I can’t wait to see what Phillips and Holland add to that already stifling defense. Round it out by going and grabbing Ingrahm. We could have the #1 D in the league.
And don’t forget McKinney stuffing the run at a high level:)

Back
Top Bottom