Get rid of Zach and Sam! | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Get rid of Zach and Sam!

Sam and underachiever I must agree, he is playin for a paycheck. Zach on the other hand has so much Heart, of course he gets frustrated every Fuggin year and says he's fed up and " we suck". Well are the Dolphins a good team at years end? Do they not SUCK? I think they do when they let me down every year. Last time they really went anywhere......hmmmm, Marino's second season in the NFL. The Marino vs Montana era! Correct me if I am wrong but this team needs to be shaken up and fast. Not having Norm isn't gonna help much either. Hope Dan can attempt to be the man again. If not we are screwed!
Dolphins in 2004 or bust!

the solo tackles stat doesn't carry as much weight as TOTAL tackles - here's the reason why. whether you solo tackle or share a tackle, bottom line is you were there to make the play. what the stats don't tell is that most of his tackles are stopping runners up the middle or out to the sides, where a tackler is almost always going to be "sharing the honors" with another player. the only time a MLB is going to get solo tackles is when he's man on man coverage in the flat on a TE..... unless a big run breaks through the front four, and the MLB is all by himself to make the play. but with the dolphins ALWAYS stacking 7-8 in the box, it makes it difficult to achieve a high number of solo tackles.

in this respect you must not single out zach - we have a different style of defense than the other linebackers who finished with more total tackles. our defensive strategy is not zach's problem.

another angle to look at this is: how come all the other linebackers have so many solo tackles and little to NO assists? is it because their team is so spread out its every man for himself? is it b/c they can't get to where the ball is every time? i wouldn't like this scheme b/c that leaves no second level of support in case that one guy can't make the play. the dolphin defense is strong b/c its a team effort. most of the defense is always around the ball, and thats why there aren't many solo tackles - if you watched the defensive stats every game, you will see a LOT of assists on the dolphins D - more than on the other teams.

that is why you have to look at total tackles, not just solo - remember the stat can be misleading if not read properly b/c you must take the team's defensive scheme into account.

Still bro...tackles for a loss or minimal gain impress me more.

I've seen too many defenders get up and get all celebratory and excited after making a tackle on a guy 7 yards past the LOS.

good points Tex....thanks ....but, one thing I have to say is that i went and checked this statement....
if you watched the defensive stats every game, you will see a LOT of assists on the dolphins D - more than on the other teams.
....found it to be not true.....But, I do agree with the bottom line you mentioned....he is always around the ball...although I still think that he was half a step slower getting there this past year than anytime before......Half a step for Zach isn't much but, it opens up speculation none the less.

At least for me anyway...:lol:

Hey Infin, I see this thread is still alive n kicking... :)

GOOO FIIINZ

:cooldude:

Originally posted by Disnardo
Hey Infin, I see this thread is still alive n kicking... :)

GOOO FIIINZ

:cooldude:
Who'da thunk it??? :dunno:

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom