Get rid of Zach and Sam! | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Get rid of Zach and Sam!

I don't quite understand how you can get rid of the guy who has winning character and despise losing.How is cutting Zach will improve attitude of the defense?If anything it will be worst!

Now Smiling Sam who seem to enjoy losing as much as winning makes sense to me(To Cut).The guy is always high fiving opponent with a smile after losing.Does he really care about winning or those nice phat check?I wouldn't have a probelm with Sam if he was playing at high level that he once was but he ain't the same player and his attitude sucks!

Originally posted by minus
I don't quite understand how you can get rid of the guy who has winning character and despise losing.How is cutting Zach will improve attitude of the defense?If anything it will be worst!

Can't really say for sure that it would be worse....I mean who's to say that the next guy won't be the same type of player...shoot, that's the only type of player I would hope we are looking for...MLBs for the most part fit that mold....but also hopefully we can find one who doesn't get worn down or over matched by bigger stronger players.

Zach has been the man in this offense for how many years? Now, how many of those years have we had a TRULY dominant defense.....I'm not saying he is to blame for all our failure but, you can't change the character without cutting out the heart and replacing it with a new heart....

Change is scary but, it's not something to shy away from....it has to be done eventually, I just think it's time NOW, to consider it.

Who Moved My Cheese?

Originally posted by inFINSible
Can't really say for sure that it would be worse....I mean who's to say that the next guy won't be the same type of player...shoot, that's the only type of player I would hope we are looking for...MLBs for the most part fit that mold....but also hopefully we can find one who doesn't get worn down or over matched by bigger stronger players.

Zach has been the man in this offense for how many years? Now, how many of those years have we had a TRULY dominant defense.....I'm not saying he is to blame for all our failure but, you can't change the character without cutting out the heart and replacing it with a new heart....

Change is scary but, it's not something to shy away from....it has to be done eventually, I just think it's time NOW, to consider it.

Change is eminante, you may never agree with it or like it, but you better learn to deal with it, it affects us every day in life...

So I ask again,"Who Moved My Cheese?....

Great book, for those who haven't read it....

GOOO FIIINZ

:cooldude:

Change is good under the right circumstances but Zach still plays at hight level and has the character of a winner.

Re: Who Moved My Cheese?

Originally posted by Disnardo

Change is eminante, you may never agree with it or like it, but you better learn to deal with it, it affects us every day in life...

So I ask again,"Who Moved My Cheese?....

Great book, for those who haven't read it....

GOOO FIIINZ

:cooldude:
Don't want to get too far off topic even though it is most likely about to die anyway but tell me more about this book....I might want to check it out....:lol:

Originally posted by minus

Change is good under the right circumstances but Zach still plays at hight level and has the character of a winner.
We must not be talking about the same player...j/k.:lol:

Seriously, there has been a decline in Zach's overall game..... it's still subtle but, it's obvious none the less.

zach ain't the problem, and for all you hypocrites crying b/c he said "we suck", look at yourselves and what you were saying when we were losing. he is human, and not only a player but a fan - he says things out of disgust with himself and his team. doesn't mean he doesn't play well.

he has been in the league's top 7 of tackling totals each year.... NOT overrated. number of tackles is not an overrated stat. look who leads the league in tackles - are they overrated players? no, they are players who can find the ball, and MAKE THE PLAYS.

i say keep seau, thomas, and throw moore in as the OLB wherever hendricks or greenwood was. that would give you 3 VERY solid linebackers. keep our defense intact and work on the offense!

restructure madison's contract, DON'T RELEASE HIM until you get another protege to learn under him - maybe pick some newbie in the draft this year 4th or 5th round CB..... release madison next year.

and for god sakes , KEEP ZACH!

Originally posted by texasPHINSfan
zach ain't the problem, and for all you hypocrites crying b/c he said "we suck", look at yourselves and what you were saying when we were losing. he is human, and not only a player but a fan - he says things out of disgust with himself and his team. doesn't mean he doesn't play well.

he has been in the league's top 7 of tackling totals each year.... NOT overrated. number of tackles is not an overrated stat. look who leads the league in tackles - are they overrated players? no, they are players who can find the ball, and MAKE THE PLAYS.

i say keep seau, thomas, and throw moore in as the OLB wherever hendricks or greenwood was. that would give you 3 VERY solid linebackers. keep our defense intact and work on the offense!

restructure madison's contract, DON'T RELEASE HIM until you get another protege to learn under him - maybe pick some newbie in the draft this year 4th or 5th round CB..... release madison next year.

and for god sakes , KEEP ZACH!
maybe it's just my crappy memory but, I think I saw Zach out of position(not in position to make the tackle) or get steamrolled more last season than all his other seasons combined????

I'm thinking that NEXT year, this needs to be addressed, although, I only say that because of the uncertainty of Eddie Moore at this point.

well we all have our opinions.

maybe you just noticed it more this year. maybe he had one or two bad games. but that doesn't change the fact he had more INT's this year than before and still was in the top 5 in the league in tackling.

well we all have our opinions.

maybe you just noticed it more this year. maybe he had one or two bad games. but that doesn't change the fact he had more INT's this year than before and still was in the top 5 in the league in tackling.

Tackle totals ARE over-rated.

If not then you're saying that Hendriks is every bit as good as Zach....he had 18 tackles in the Titans game....14 solo. Zach only beat that total ONCE all year, and his average is right about 10 per game.....so are you saying Hendriks is better than Zach?

None of us would say so I'm sure...but it just goes to show how useles the stat is.

Show me how many tackles a guy made for a LOSS then I'll agree.

Not only that Navy, but if you look at tackle totals on NFL.com....Zach has poor solo-tackle totals compared to other leaders...

Originally posted by NavyFishFan

Tackle totals ARE over-rated.

If not then you're saying that Hendriks is every bit as good as Zach....he had 18 tackles in the Titans game....14 solo. Zach only beat that total ONCE all year, and his average is right about 10 per game.....so are you saying Hendriks is better than Zach?

None of us would say so I'm sure...but it just goes to show how useles the stat is.

Show me how many tackles a guy made for a LOSS then I'll agree.

thats only b/c Tennesse went rush-heavy on that game - 38 rushes + if i'm not mistaken..... more than any other team on us all year. the more rushes a team has, the more tackles your linebackers are going to have. so hendricks' stats for that game are nice, but not un-repeatable. the reason the titans attempted the run so much in that game IS because zach didnt play. the titans as you know are a pass-heavy franchise - this game vs. the dolphins they only threw like 20 times and rushed 40.... you do the math. zach never repeated those numbers all year b/c no other team had that many rush attempts on us all year. the next highest rush attempts total was 34 by Indy in week 10, and zach had 15 and a half tackles that game.....

if # of tackles is overrated, how come 4 of the top 6 tacklers in the league are going to the pro bowl? does that mean ray lewis is overrated? he led the league in tackles!

I will admit that morlon greenwood often has similar or better numbers than thomas on some games.... however, when he doesn't shine, he stinks. at least zach maintains that 6-10 tackle a game average, sometimes with an INT. greenwood would sometimes have higher tackle numbers, but sometimes have zero or one tackle.

maybe zach isn't worth what he is commanding price wise, but he is a damn good MLB.

thats only b/c Tennesse went rush-heavy on that game - 38 rushes + if i'm not mistaken..... more than any other team on us all year. the more rushes a team has, the more tackles your linebackers are going to have. so hendricks' stats for that game are nice, but not un-repeatable. the reason the titans attempted the run so much in that game IS because zach didnt play. the titans as you know are a pass-heavy franchise - this game vs. the dolphins they only threw like 20 times and rushed 40.... you do the math. zach never repeated those numbers all year b/c no other team had that many rush attempts on us all year. the next highest rush attempts total was 34 by Indy in week 10, and zach had 15 and a half tackles that game.....

if # of tackles is overrated, how come 4 of the top 6 tacklers in the league are going to the pro bowl? does that mean ray lewis is overrated? he led the league in tackles!

I will admit that morlon greenwood often has similar or better numbers than thomas on some games.... however, when he doesn't shine, he stinks. at least zach maintains that 6-10 tackle a game average, sometimes with an INT. greenwood would sometimes have higher tackle numbers, but sometimes have zero or one tackle.

maybe zach isn't worth what he is commanding price wise, but he is a damn good MLB.

I'm not arguing those other points at all. And I'm definitely not trying to say Zach sux...far from it...I'm just saying that the tackles stat alone is over-rated and doesn't tell jack.

And the real reason the Titans ran so much was because they had a 14 point lead in the first quarter and carried a 21 point lead into the second half. NOBODY would keep pass-pass-pass going with that kinda lead.

yep, 9 pages of stupid thread....

I can't help it if some people don't have the vision that I do....they'll catch up eventually. :lol:
depends on how you look at it, they could take 10 steps backwards and be neck to neck!;)

Indy rushed for 115 yards.....Tenn rushed for 109....less yards on more attempts.....

Back
Top Bottom