Gimmicky team will flounder | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gimmicky team will flounder

Superself

If you want to, we can supply you.
Club Member
Reaction score
Wayne sure knows how to increase his bottom line.
Ticket sales will probably increase 20-30% since Dan is going to be running Miami's front office.

This is what we as fans wanted? Fluff?
These "moves" are more a promotional thing than what Miami truly needed.

A rough, tough, take no prisoners, intelligent and experienced GM was suppose to hopefully come in and find the right players to get the offense back on track.

Instead, we get our old HOF bound QB back as our GM??!! Zero experience!
How could he win out over all the other qualified candidates??!!

Has Miami become a "test bed" to see if Marino can learn on the job? Learning means mistakes WILL be made. Can we afford that? Or will it be OK because we all LOVE Marino and he STILL can do no wrong...even as our GM??

What happens if he fails? Does he get to go through another depressing season of people calling for his head?? :eek:

Learn to read Mr. Know it all. Speilman is GM. This is the same guy who made the Ricky deal, and last year wanted to draft Anquan Boldin and Tyrone Calico before being trumped by Wanny.

A LOT has changed. Last year Wanny did it all. Now he just does Xs and O's, Rick does personnel, and Dan brings a working expertise and a drive to win that is ten times more than anyone else.

So tell me genuis what would you have done? Hmmm????

You probably would have been in Muller or better known as the architect of a NO team who is worse than the one we have. Also the one known as been fired twice.

Whoa....you make it sound so bad.

Glad Marino aint the GM....:whew:

Ok so that makes 2 people with zero experience for two very HIGH positions! Wow....I'm excited!:rolleyes:

Marino wouldn't have taken the job to be the figure head. he's not some dumb blonde in a magic act. get that weak *** arguement out of here.

Originally posted by Superself
Wayne sure knows how to increase his bottom line.
Ticket sales will probably increase 20-30% since Dan is going to be running Miami's front office.

This is what we as fans wanted? Fluff?
These "moves" are more a promotional thing than what Miami truly needed.

A rough, tough, take no prisoners, intelligent and experienced GM was suppose to hopefully come in and find the right players to get the offense back on track.

Instead, we get our old HOF bound QB back as our GM??!! Zero experience!
How could he win out over all the other qualified candidates??!!

Has Miami become a "test bed" to see if Marino can learn on the job? Learning means mistakes WILL be made. Can we afford that? Or will it be OK because we all LOVE Marino and he STILL can do no wrong...even as our GM??

What happens if he fails? Does he get to go through another depressing season of people calling for his head?? :eek:

hey superfluff, does this mean you will be selling your season tickets to someone who actually will get up and make some noise?! cus i think we have a lot of fans who dont know what the hell they are talking about!

Superself, who is the other inexperienced person? I know you're not talking about Rick, because he's an excellent talent evaluator.

Originally posted by DolphinDevil28
Superself, who is the other inexperienced person? I know you're not talking about Rick, because he's an excellent talent evaluator.

He still does not have GM experience.

Re: Re: Gimmicky team will flounder

Originally posted by finfan54

hey superfluff, does this mean you will be selling your season tickets to someone who actually will get up and make some noise?! cus i think we have a lot of fans who dont know what the hell they are talking about!

Wish I had season tickets. Then again, wish I could live in Miami and make what I make here in NYC.
Can you help me out there?

He was basically the GM before, just below Wanny. Now he's above Wanny. Which is excellent. Do you really think we would have gotten Ricky if it wasn't for Speilman???

Originally posted by Superself

He still does not have GM experience.

he basically was the GM! the only problem was he didn't have the final say. he was the one who did the williams trade, and he's the one who wanted to draft Chad Johnson over Fletcher, Boldin over Moore, etc..

the guy is qualified to be the GM.

Originally posted by DolphinDevil28
He was basically the GM before, just below Wanny. Now he's above Wanny. Which is excellent. Do you really think we would have gotten Ricky if it wasn't for Speilman???

We really don't know that. We all DO know miami was going to upgrade their RB position....since we were obviously willing to give up high picks, I would have to assume if we had NOT gotten Ricky, we would have picked up another top RB.

Back
Top Bottom